Dapol 2012 Catalogue

DapolDave

Guest maxthemapman

Dave,

Could you PRETEND that you are going to do a 4-VEP.

Say which defects you are going to fix on the current one. Put it in the catalogue, laser scan one, then do nothing.

Hopefully Hornby will be so upset about the potential competition that they will re-engineer their own model.

either an N gauge or an OO gauge GWR 6400 0-6-0PT would be my idea of heaven, if they did the 7400 as well id be frothing at the mouth!

And a fresh run of autocoaches to go with them. Or perhaps even the later BR autocoaches of 1951 vintage?

Time for my little list:

Industrial

Dubs Crane Tank just because it's unusual and great for an industrial layout! (or preserved line like mine)

Manning Wardle (any version, although Warwickshire would be lovely!)

GWR

14xx and matching autocoaches (different varieties)

15xx

SR

LSWR B4

USA Dock Tank

LNER

G5

J69

LMS

Caledonian 439 0-4-4T

Caledonian 812 0-6-0

Any of the above in 4mm scale please!

• RMweb Gold

Certainly the 15xx would suit me for the BP&GV although I can't help thinking one of the earlier 'small panniers' would cover a much broader period (and be quite hackable into a 15xx)

The definitive GWR Welsh loco though has to be the 56xx.

Ummm - I thought the 15xx was the big post-war Walscherts valve gear job - do you mean 16xx or am I completely barking up the wrong tree?

Not much I need / wish for but a 4mm Vanwide and rebuilt VEA would be nice. A redone 5 plank "Highfit" (with the angled bottom plank on the door)would fit in well too...

All I want is some nice N gauge 14xx's to be available again.

Oh, and some Castles and some BR Std 4 4-6-0's and 2-6-4 tanks and more coaches for GWR/LNER and some BR versions of these too.

And finally, cos I've gathered steam, some N gauge Vans/Cattle wagons from pre-BR days.

Can I suggest some GWR coaches such as dreadnoughts or toplights in 00 as both types were numerous in service and some of each type remained in service into the 1950's. For 00 gauge locos I would quite like to see 1361's, 1366's though 64xx,74xx would go down in 00 just as well. The benifit would be you could do them in other scales after.

best wishes

colin

I know it has been said before, but some fea-a with RHTT tanks so people can make up a RHTT with 2xlocos would go down very well, and would be good business due to already having some parts in your range already.

One powered, one unpowered I presume?

All in OO scale:

Met Camm 101 (on the presumption that Bachmann don't release one this year!).

Suburban DMU - 115/116/117 etc

Industrial buildings/infrastructure.

PCA Cement tanker (non centre depressed).

Ta!

All in OO scale:

Met Camm 101 (on the presumption that Bachmann don't release one this year!).

Suburban DMU - 115/116/117 etc

Whilst I'd love some of these the one problem is that Bachmann and Heljan are lining themselves up with chassis suitable for thee mass churning out of first gen DMUs which makes Dapol coming in highly unlikely unfortunately. That said, I'd love a 120!

On a more general theme I'd like to see some more 0-4-0/0-6-0 tank engines of a decent quality emerge... particularly some GWR/Industrial pecketts!

My suggestion for 4mm 00

More engineers stock as in fish kind wagons and dare I say a tamper or yellow plant of some sort would go down well

I agree: the more infrastructure wagons the better as far as I am concerned. My money is waiting for a Tamper (or any other similar contemporary on-track machine / plant for that matter) and I am obviously not alone. There would seem to be demand for such a model and a choice of liveries, but at what price point? How many are looking for a specific prototype? Some of the demand may be for essentially a static scenic item, which may limit the price some modellers are willing to pay and therefore while I would like a Ready-To-Run Tamper for, say around £150, I understand the risk such a project could be.

Perhaps a smaller road / rail machine or a crane for lifting track panels would be a less risky alternative to test the waters. Perhaps wait to see how well your MRA sets sell.

Regards

David

Dapol Dave,

Many thanks for asking the question!

Can I add my support for a Scottish steam 0-6-0 :-

- Caley Jumbo

- Caley 812

- J35

- J36

or a Class 06 or NBL shunter.

Wagon wise a grain wagon to replace the old Hornby Dublo wagon.

All in OO please!

Regards,

Stewart

Archived