EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium
15 minutes ago, pheaton said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333790171142?hash=item4db771d006:g:8bcAAOSwqARfsSum

not madness as such.....but a load of Russian blokes...balaclava's ak47s.......an armoured car.... but they are "polite people"

and a very very very random

ginger cat......

If they start asking questions its you that is very polite.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

36 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

No....nothing visible, except a coach roof, possibly a crane wheel, and a platform ramp...

”See Write”....not a lot more there either! :scratchhead:

Quote from listing!..PLEASE NOTE owing to some non payers a non payment case is automatically open after 8 days and if still not paid will be barred for life this also applies if sent back for No good reason new listings put on every day

At school we use to call it no backs! Or shxx sticks! You would think listing for hundreds or thousands of pounds not a bag of skip junk!

Wow bared for life! ....or untill you register under a different useless name...not a typo!...

Ebay must be like a exclusive club!

• Like 4
  • Round of applause 2

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/313047443064

I remember these from when I was nine or ten, only ever saw one in the metal (plastic!) which made me think that the less than complimentary  review in the Model Railway Comic, was more than generous.

Can it seriously be worth £75 ?

At least it's described as "working" , any description nearing "runs smoothly" and you know that they're telling porkies...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ruffnut Thorston said:

Note the couplings on that Lima 4F... it’s an early HO version!

Still not sure about that price though....;)

Not exactly.

Some of it was HO, some of it was OO, some of it was O my gawd.

Centre drivers weren't attached to the wheels, no balance weights and the gap across to the tender got slated when new, as did the dimensions.

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Quote from listing!..PLEASE NOTE owing to some non payers a non payment case is automatically open after 8 days and if still not paid will be barred for life this also applies if sent back for No good reason new listings put on every day

At school we use to call it no backs! Or shxx sticks! You would think listing for hundreds or thousands of pounds not a bag of skip junk!

Wow bared for life! ....or untill you register under a different useless name...not a typo!...

That's standard for all his listings, not that any of them are worth much.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, MrWolf said:

Not exactly.

Some of it was HO, some of it was OO, some of it was O my gawd.

Centre drivers weren't attached to the wheels, no balance weights and the gap across to the tender got slated when new, as did the dimensions.

You forgot the N gauge version!

I agree with Ruffnut that the continental hook'n'loop coupling on the tender indicates that its probably HO.  At least the tender gap might be addressed by creating a new shorter drawbar from thick plasticard and retain the old one as a spare.

I've got the N and O gauge locos, I feel that I ought to try and find both 16.5mm gauge variants* too, though I've the Lima OO J50 which has the same chassis...

* CHEAP ones...

Edited by Hroth
clarification and addendum...
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Sorry but if I have a non paying bidder I don’t hesitate in barring them. Wastes a week of my time, denies another user from the item and gets away Scot free without a bad feedback! All I have in my power to do and I’m sure to deploy it. 

• Like 2

On 20/04/2021 at 07:09, MartinWales said:

Funny how all his stuff is RARE!

Right.  I’ve put up the 107 including postage on this listing on the premise photograph two shows all the coaches and wagons in one image. I can risk living without the money for a week or two and if I get anything less than that it’s straight back not as described and I’ll win my case definitely. If it’s everything then 107 is a good turnover for a few quid profit to but something I actually want! 

I’ll let you all know!

38DC5101-021C-4AD3-8739-2ED05314B017.png

850F9D41-BCE0-483E-AD05-432FF99FDC8E.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ianmacc said:

Right.  I’ve put up the 107 including postage on this listing on the premise photograph two shows all the coaches and wagons in one image. I can risk living without the money for a week or two and if I get anything less than that it’s straight back not as described and I’ll win my case definitely. If it’s everything then 107 is a good turnover for a few quid profit to but something I actually want! 

I’ll let you all know!

38DC5101-021C-4AD3-8739-2ED05314B017.png

850F9D41-BCE0-483E-AD05-432FF99FDC8E.png

Message sent to the seller making clear my expectations. 

4B95EF84-472D-4748-B1E1-0FCF0C1261A8.jpeg

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
19 hours ago, pheaton said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/333790171142?hash=item4db771d006:g:8bcAAOSwqARfsSum

not madness as such.....but a load of Russian blokes...balaclava's ak47s.......an armoured car.... but they are "polite people"

and a very very very random

ginger cat......

19 hours ago, Tony Davis said:

It's a member of Pussy Riot?

Given the Related Sponsored Items that came up on that item, entirely possible...

image.png.45c146f9cc9a22bcd19086893d314cf1.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ianmacc said:

Not sure how to link off the app version so here’s a screenshot of a truly truly awful model at Oxford die cast prices. If you want to be traumatised go find the listing and see this from all four sides :0 

CE8EEE11-ABD4-4FE8-AD66-00C22BCF729F.jpeg

An appropriate comment I first heard used in the West Midlands: It's "rougher than a bear's ar*e!":derisive:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ianmacc said:

Not sure how to link off the app version so here’s a screenshot of a truly truly awful model at Oxford die cast prices. If you want to be traumatised go find the listing and see this from all four sides :0 

CE8EEE11-ABD4-4FE8-AD66-00C22BCF729F.jpeg

But then, following the 'If you can't say something nice, say nothing' camp: "That's lovely, dear!" :wacko:

• Funny 2