A Nod To Brent - a friendly thread, filled with frivolity, cream teas and pasties. Longing for the happy days in the South Hams 1947.

gwrrob

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Limpley Stoker said:

Both please. With buffers.

Of course. :biggrin_mini2:

Phil That's a nice green thing, now I know how those kits look like when finished top class dear boy top class.:good:

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

And a pair I've been building for 'Bethesda Sidings':

20190310_145535.jpg.85e130cd9ffbb0f4b00b90c3e9125255.jpg

They look good don't they? I've half-a-dozen or so waiting to be built for Porthmellyn Road. I like the idea of building them on copperclad rather than free-standing and then trying to fit them to the track.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
11 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

They look good don't they? I've half-a-dozen or so waiting to be built for Porthmellyn Road. I like the idea of building them on copperclad rather than free-standing and then trying to fit them to the track.

They are designed to be threaded on to existing chaired sleepers, if I have understood the instructions correctly, but it seemed to me to be much easier to simply solder each side onto the copper clad sleepers and then position them on the end of the siding concerned. I have shortened these slightly in terms of the length of whitemetal rail in front of the buffer stops, due to the limited space on the layout.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
32 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Hi Robin,

I do like this little area behind this building and the building itself looks interesting - any chance of some photos of this area, please?

Thanks.

Happy to Tim but I'm pretty sure I took some last year when I 'planted' the engine shed. Built by Geoff Taylor it's based on the one at Ashburton.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Also seen at Ally Pally, thanks Phil:imsohappy: was this EP from Bachmann of their 94xx. Now what I didn't know is they had one at Newton in the late 40s but we don't know what jobs it was used for. Any thoughts ?

1535032931_Bachmann94xxEP.jpg.3127f16e1cd946852de82a519a31f63d.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Also seen at Ally Pally, thanks Phil:imsohappy: was this EP from Bachmann of their 94xx. Now what I didn't know is they had one at Newton in the late 40s but we don't know what jobs it was used for. Any thoughts ?

1535032931_Bachmann94xxEP.jpg.3127f16e1cd946852de82a519a31f63d.jpg

Freight down the Teignmouth?

Work in the big Yard east of the Station and up that branch place (Heathfield)? 

I've not seen a picture of one banking Dainton.

Phil

• Like 2