York 2014

john new

• RMweb Gold

Although nothing new posted publicly recently lots going on behind the scenes in prep for the 2014 Show.

Advance ticket office expected to open on 1 October.

If Easter next year at York MRS isn't in your diary yet - why not!

Reminder - our facebook page is at = https://www.facebook.com/YorkMRS

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Our ISP will be changing servers etc., on 25th September. Our website and email system will be offline for about an hour.

Time for outage not advised.

Show generic email addresses discovered to be not working since above change.  Problem now identified and should be fixed by tomorrow evening.

Advanced tickets are now available, we have a new lot!  Normally sent the day following receipt of request but please allow about a week from posting your request and delays possible if the postal strike goes ahead.

Peter

• 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

2013 prices and times now confirmed as held for 2014. Advance ticket office has reopened. http://www.yorkshow.org.uk/advance.htm

The 2014 layouts list is now updated I have the remaining updates and will be adding them during the next few days as time permits around Uni lectures and assignment deadlines!

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Already putting the team together for this one.... After Stafford and Ally Pally, New Bryford wil be either working like a sewing machine or a dog...... I know which one I prefer!

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

The 2014 layouts list is now updated I have the remaining updates and will be adding them during the next few days as time permits around Uni lectures and assignment deadlines!

Sorry for the slight delay in checking/updating the Traders page.  Now done.  Travel update - please note the day-time closure trial of Lendal Bridge IS BEING extended beyond February to an as yet unspecified date and therefore may well still be in place over the show period.  Extra traffic on the alternative routes.

• 5 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I was at school with someone called John New. John, were you at Collyer's School?

No.  A couple of primary schools in the Winchester area then the Romsey Rd Secondary which went through several name changes but not to Collyer's.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

If you are think of getting Advanced tickets, and they are well worth getting, don't forget that postal charges are going up on the 31st March!!!! Get yours now?

Peter

Don't forget the post rise. Recent website updates mean that, apart from one accidentally omitted layout (which will be added to the layout list later tonight tomorrow*), site is fully up to date for the 2014 Show.

• RMweb Gold

Just had a look down the list of demonstrators this year and what struck me was the number of husband and wife teams. I think this is really encouraging and hopefully will go some way to dispelling the myth that this wonderful hobby of ours is pursued solely by fusty, single men in their sheds/back bedrooms. My wife Kim is central to my enjoyment of the hobby. We are bringing a selection of models and research material from our Bath Queensquare project - do come and say hello. For a sneak preview have a look at my thread - link in the signature.

Jerry 

It's a shame there's not any Quality American HO/3.5mm layouts there this year!!

I'd have presumed that 'Coyote Creek Railroad' (3.5mm HO) which is on the list was one. Is it not?

G.

Archived