North East Model Railway (Trenholme Junction)

dougattrenholmebar

I opened the above post by accident, don't know how I missed this thread.

I enjoyed a pleasant 15 minutes watching that video with a cuppa.

I enjoy watching railway operation, now it looks like I will be drinking loads of tea catching up on your youtube channel.

• Like 1

After producing a film a week for over the last two years I'm taking a break for a couple of weeks.

I get lots of excellent comments when I produce some of the films in monochrome, so I've decided to produce one or two more of my favourites in  place of new ones.

The new films will resume shortly.

Love the motion in this film, a real sense of an on board ride, as if the camera is held freehand.

Originally produced in colour this monochrome version is intended to give the look an feel of films of the time portrayed. The original version is still available on the Channel.

This film is a continuation of film 'Coal 1' and plots the progress of the Black 5 after leaving the upper marshalling yard heading to the lower marshalling yard. The train (low priority traffic) is continually stopped and started as it makes it way from the branch through the station avoidance road and finally on to its destination. 

• Like 1

Originally produced in colour this monochrome version is intended to give the look an feel of films of the time portrayed. The original version is still available on the Channel.

Model Railway based on North East England large scale junction in the 1960's
In this series of films short scenes from different parts of Trenholme Junction. Some of the scenes will reflect suggestions made by followers of 'North East model railway'.
In this film the Class 25 carry's on from where it left off in Part 2 and with the help of the yard shunter in the Pit Sidings re-forms the train and heads off for the Upper Marshalling Yard.
https://youtu.be/ND9j0-yVg6Y
  • Like 1

A particular favourite of mine, this production was very difficult to film, After each journey, all the trains had to be re-positioned at their starting points in order to film the next one.  

This film records four train journeys which overlap each other around the main station at Trenholme Junction. The first train is a DMU, camera mounted behind the driver and viewed from the perspective of a nine year old boy. The remaining trains are all goods, camera mounted in the guards vans giving the unique view only a guard would see when standing on the verandas(s). The second part (Overlap 2) of this film will show the conclusion of these journeys'.

• Like 3

Model Railway based on North East England large scale junction in the 1960's.

Based around the South East station this film is about activities in both the yard throat and on the station. An 08 shunter brings a train of Brake Vans for the Marshalling Yard, while a Class 4 Standard Tank add more Lowmac Wagons to its train. 

Filming of the other trains passing through in the sequence is from on board cameras.     

• Like 1

This is the second in a series of films based around the South East station and is about activities in both the yard throat and on the station. The 08 shunter continues it duties to make up a train of tanker wagons for departure in the Marshalling Yard whilst various traffic passes by. 
Filming of the other trains passing through in the sequence is from on board cameras in the 08 cab and both moving and stationary Brake Vans as well as track side cameras. 
https://youtu.be/A8xU1IjICtc
  • Like 2

This is the third in a series of films based around the South East station and is about activities in both the yard throat and on the station. The 08 shunter continues it duties to make up a train of tanker wagons for departure in the Marshalling Yard whilst various traffic passes by. 

https://youtu.be/EmK-ReSPIk4

• Like 2

This is the fourth in a series of films based around the South East station and is about activities in both the yard throat and on the station. The 08 shunter continues it duties to make up a train of tanker wagons for departure in the Marshalling Yard whilst various traffic passes by. In this film virtually all the shots are taken from on board the trains with some long distance ones to illustrate the amount of space a railway takes up.

• Like 3

This is the fifth in a series of films based around the South East station and is about activities in both the yard throat and on the station. A train of milk tankers is brought into the station bay platform to be coupled up to the parcels vans. The tanker train is finally ready for departure in the Marshalling Yard whilst various traffic passes by. The 08 is busy again in the marshalling yard this time making up a new train which is composed of road vehicles en route to dealers. A short goods train enters the Marshalling Yard reception road.
https://youtu.be/AahiorZ-pFM

• Like 2

This is the sixth in a series of films based around the South East station and is about activities in both the yard throat and on the station. More milk tankers are brought into the station bay platform to be coupled up to the the train of existing milk tanker and parcels vans whilst a train of Prestwin  tanker drifts through. The 08 is in the marshalling yard continues the make up of road vehicles train anticipating the arrival of more wagons to be attached. A Prairie Tank enters the marshalling yard with a train of Lowmacs.

https://youtu.be/2-tCCEJyTwY

• Like 3

This is the sixth in a series of films based around the South East station and is about activities in both the yard throat and on the station. More milk tankers are brought into the station bay platform to be coupled up to the the train of existing milk tanker and parcels vans whilst a train of Prestwin  tanker drifts through. The 08 is in the marshalling yard continues the make up of road vehicles train anticipating the arrival of more wagons to be attached. A Prairie Tank enters the marshalling yard with a train of Lowmacs.

https://youtu.be/2-tCCEJyTwY

Nice Doug, but it seemed to go Black half way through, but very enjoyable until then.

Nice Doug, but it seemed to go Black half way through, but very enjoyable until then.

Thanks Andy,

This notice is on youTube.

Before everyone tells me, I know there is a lot of dead space at the end of this film. Something went wrong in the processing at the YouTube end after I uploaded it. The film is

long, after that, ignore it.

Kind regards

Doug W.

This is the seventh in a series of films based around the South East station and is about activities in both the yard throat and on the station.  
A Warship passes around the back of the head shunt with a train of Lowmacs and awaits the right of way at the top of the incline.
The 08 continues to move wagons around in the marshalling yard and the small Prairie reverses up the head shunt and away, continuing its journey. Meanwhile a Deltic rushes by.......

https://youtu.be/ASgyWwBcG1w

• Like 2

This is the eighth in a series of films based around the South East station and is about activities in both the yard throat and on the station. 
Much of the activity in this film is shot from the moving trains. DMU, riding behind the driver. 08 Shunter, looking out the rear cab window. Class 24 window (into the shed) and rear facing and forward facing from the Guards Vans on the Goods trains.
https://youtu.be/IH5Od5HYao4
  • Like 3