North East Model Railway (Trenholme Junction)

dougattrenholmebar

• 2 weeks later...

Model Railway based on North East England large scale junction in the 1960's.

We are on board the 08 Shunter, looking out of the rear window. In the area around the North Bay of the Main Station, arriving with a Full Brake, the 08 first deposits the coach and then moves a local suburban set onto the platform road. A further three parcels coaches are brought by another 08 and our 08 then makes up the train on the platform. Other traffic comes and goes whilst these operations are taking place.

• Like 1

Hi Doug

Another super video in the station pilot series. At 24 minutes and 50 seconds it is one of your longest for a while. Thank you for taking the trouble to make it and put it on display for us all to watch.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

This series of films follows the traffic movements around the main station at Trenholme Junction. This station is based loosely on Darlington, with two bay platforms and facilities and two sets of carriage sidings, adjacent to and south of the station. There is also a station avoidance road and the goods lines pass the station on the west side.

Filmed using the Sony HDR-AS10 camera I normally use for the on-board shots.

This application shows fantastic depth of field the camera has and highlights the realism that can be achieved with long platforms and straight tracks and trains disappearing into the distance.

• Like 2

Hi Doug

Super, as always. I wish that I had my notebook and camera with me for a great day at Trenholme Junction. I particularly liked the Peak running light engine through the station.

Thanks

Jeff

Following a couple of requests, here is a monochrome version of last Sunday's release, I think I like this version is better than the colour one.

This series of films follows the traffic movements around the main station at Trenholme Junction.

For the price of a 2d Platform Ticket this film is all about what you would see at a railway station in the 1960's.

• RMweb Gold

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching your latest batch of videos, as always.

What is so enchanting about this layout is your ability to be able to run full sized rakes of stock - and yet for them still to look lost in the distance!

I am therefore very envious of your space, and yet mindful of the time it must have taken for you to build and apply scenics to the vastness :)

Each video must take you an age to plan, film,  edit, compile and upload, so please accept my heartfelt gratitude, and admiration.

Al.

I've thoroughly enjoyed watching your latest batch of videos, as always.

What is so enchanting about this layout is your ability to be able to run full sized rakes of stock - and yet for them still to look lost in the distance!

I am therefore very envious of your space, and yet mindful of the time it must have taken for you to build and apply scenics to the vastness :)

Each video must take you an age to plan, film,  edit, compile and upload, so please accept my heartfelt gratitude, and admiration.

Al.

Thanks Al, When I get comments like these I really feel that I have achieved the very thing I set out to do and I am pleased that others like it. Doug.

• Like 1

Will publish the monochrome version later this week.

This series of films follows the traffic movements around the main station at Trenholme Junction. A Britannia moves its stock from the south carriage sidings and awaits boarding. whilst a cement train waits in the station avoidance road until a diesel hauled local train arrives in the branch platform. Everyday events in the 1960's

Edited by dougattrenholmebar
  • Like 2

Monochrome version of last Sunday's release.

This series of films follows the traffic movements around the main station at Trenholme Junction. A Britannia moves its stock from the south carriage sidings and awaits boarding. whilst a cement train waits in the station avoidance road until a diesel hauled local train arrives in the branch platform. Everyday events in the 1960's

Hi Doug

Another great video in the main station series. The monochrome version is very atmospheric. Great to see a Brit running in to the station.

As you say, everyday events in the sixties.

Jeff

This series of films follows the traffic movements around the main station at Trenholme Junction. An oil tanker train uses a through road before a Deltic arrives with a twelve coach train.

The Class 24 runs around its train in the North bay and the Britannia moves off. More everyday events in the 1960's.

• Like 1