DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

Awaiting with eager anticipation the arrival of SR HA electric (latterly class 71)

Will be ordering one DJM model through Hattons for the Arrow later.

Next wishes;-

1951-2 Pullmans for the Arrow

Wagons-lit for a Night Ferry

Living in hope

Dave Solley 

• RMweb Gold

Nothing too exciting from me, as Hornby has become the first to recognise the mighty Manchester Ship Canal (With the MSC Peckett and Sentinel Diesel) maybe some of the more well known Hudswell Clark Short / Long tanks (like 31 Hamburg, 32 Gothenburg, 67 and 70 - long tanks and Lady Armaghadale) with some suitable wagons...

oh and just a nice class 02 shunter

I keep asking for a decent Southern Pacific C-9 (2-8-0) with sound and 3 tender options but no one seems to be listening. As I model railways on the eastern shores of both the Pacific and Atlantic I have far flung interests. Surprisingly I don't have much in the Southern Railway prototypes left to plead to be modeled.  

Oh well, one can wish upon a star (but when you did, look what Hornby delivered).

Off the top of my head I'd like to see these two locomotives in OO:

LNER Robinson Class A5- Great little locomotives with tons of character. Offers almost 50 years of modelling potential (1911-1960), and could be produced in pre-grouping, grouping and BR liveries.

British Railways Standard Class 3 2-6-0 Mogul- Mainly seen on the North Eastern and Scottish Regions (with one on the Southern), it would help complete the range of BR Standards in OO.

• Like 1

Would love to see a J21, J26/7, G5 and the A5 and 3mt 2-6-0 mentioned above. Would set a NE region modeller up for life! Also a 20T P7 hopper wagon and a V1 brakevan would be great too. Not asking for much ;)

Edited by JR1984

Over on another thread there's a lively debate about a possible crowd-funded

Class 86 or 87 in OO Gauge.

I've been reading all the posts and now find myself pretty much turned off

by a lot of the stuff that has been contributed to the discussion

No doubt DJ will understand it all and come to his own decision.

However, if that particular proposal doesn't take off, then I would like to suggest that 

there might well be a market for a new, high-quality OO Scale model of a -

Class 37/4

DJ regularly maintains that there  will always be a market for a top-quality

version of many existing less-than-perfect models.

Well, IMHO, there's not a really good quality Class 37 on the market today.

If DJM were to produce a model that LOOKED like a Class 37 and had

the running qualities of a ROCO or KATO HO model, then I would be at

the front of the queue for a bunch of them. In the right liveries, of course.  :-)

Pete M.

However, if that particular proposal doesn't take off, then I would like to suggest that 

there might well be a market for a new, high-quality OO Scale model of a -

Class 37/4

That's very risky territory, and I'm not 100% sure the market needs a fourth manufacturer making 37's in 00. If there were a real opportunity, I sure Heljan would have lurched in already.

Now an 06 I'd like, I have fond memories of spotting the one that had somehow ended up at Reading back in the early eighties.

• 4 weeks later...

A GWR 16xx, 15xx, 93xx, 53xx, and 63xx, NER J21, NER J27, MR 2F 0-6-0, CR 812 0-6-0, HR Jones Goods, LNER K2, LNER K4, Andrew Barcley 0-4-0ST, GER N7, NBR J37, SECR H Class 0-4-4T.

Hum ! All of these are available if you spend some time at the workbench kit building! Only the N7 SECR H out of that lot I haven't built and thankfully unlike a lot of the other kits I have built better rtr haven't come out yet....the mainline 53xx and Bachman 93xx got there wheels all mixed up so it was back out with the K's ones,until I get the comet replacement chassis built!

A Proper Gwr suburban b set...

Much prefer toplights first please, I can put up with my surgically enhanced Airfix ones until after the toplights come out....anyone tried building the slaters toplight kits ...give me a loco kit far easier and they make carving Airfix B sets a sleep walking doddle

Edited by Graham456

A GWR 16xx, 15xx, 93xx, 53xx, and 63xx, NER J21, NER J27, MR 2F 0-6-0, CR 812 0-6-0, HR Jones Goods, LNER K2, LNER K4, Andrew Barcley 0-4-0ST, GER N7, NBR J37, SECR H Class 0-4-4T.

Have you got all that written down, Dave? Perhaps it might be easier if you produce only one each month, so that we can afford them. :D

• Like 1

Much prefer toplights first please, I can put up with my surgically enhanced Airfix ones until after the toplights come out....anyone tried building the slaters toplight kits ...give me a loco kit far easier and they make carving Airfix B sets a sleep walking doddle

You might be able to wait, I can't lol.

Forget the 53xx/63xx as they are more likely to be Bachmann territory. J27 could well come from Hornby as Dame Rumour has it that they may have scanned the prototype already. K4 would also be an easy hit for Hornby who have the chassis already in the K1.

There are so many Andrew Barclay 0-4-0STs - the recent kits covered three to six varieties that fitted the Hornby Pug, and that was only a small selection. Besides, Hornby are well placed with the Peckett mechanism to invade this space.

That leaves a few to play with. The 15xx would be a nice one that would fit the "build industrial 0-6-0 tanks" theme, but might be better as a dealer commission. Any takers?

Just a few thoughts.

Les

On the terrier... I can see why perhaps its not the best prospect. Being available in N and O already to a good standard. However a 00 version would be top of my wish list. In A1 and A1x form. Possibility of an E1 in the tooling? With the E4, Atlantic and B4 on the horizon it would fit in to a layout nicely! Not to mention all the detail variations and liveries. Etched spark arrestor would be a first! That's a LOT of models you could churn out for years. You could copyright "design properly" ;)