DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

Well I've followed most of this thread since it started and I think that just about everything that could be 'wished for' has been included. On the way there have been some very reasonable suggestions as well as some that are perhaps not that feasable.

I wonder if Dave should start a new thread now to help him refine his search - something along the line of 'perhaps DJM shouldn't do this because...' You know the sort of things.... too high a capital investment, too restricted a market, probably be produced by Bachmann, Hornby, Heljan or Dapol etc.

I know we could all never come to a true consensus, but it might let us see the wood for the trees and start to get some idea of the practicalities involved - after all, we all want DJM to succeed...

• Like 2

Another wish for the J50 in OO here please.

Also nice would be a J6 or C12 and GNR coaches.

I'd also be tempted by anything NER, especially a Q6.

And if you want a big ticket era/region transcending glamour loco a la Hornby, how about the Hush-Hush?

If an L&Y pug was released I'd be in the shop the next day,

No, I'd pre-order it.

I once heard rumours that Dapol wanted to do one but were persuaded that the terrier would be better as a 3 axle would be less likely to stick on set track points.

I'd love a Fowler 2-6-4T and Ivatt tanks (although Dapol have done those) and a streamlined Duchess

Farish have the Black 5 sorted - anyone do a jubilee?

These are all locos I would run on any of the layouts I'm planning, there are others, such as the LMS garatt that I'd love to see, but don't know if i'd buy it so I'm not suggesting it.

I wonder if a GWR steam railmotor to the same design as No.93 (Diagram R) would be a good idea, as you could build it as the powered version, and also use the same base CAD file for the body to make the autocoach version.

I apologise if this was previously mentioned

• Like 2

In OO gauge:

Locomotives:

E2001

Class 87,90,92

EMUs:

Class 374 Siemens Velaro

Class 375/377 Bombardier Electrostar

Class 380 Siemens Desiro

Class 444 Siemens Desiro

Class 700 Siemens Desiro City

Wagons:

MK3, MK4 coaches

New Drax Power Station Biomass wagons

Thanks for looking.

Hi Dave

Just came across this thread... skimmed through it, so apologies if these have already been suggested.

no locomtives that I can think of at the moment, and all are OO:

- VEA van

- high spec GWR corridor coaches (the Hornby Hawksworths are beautiful, but not really GWR coaches)

- BR brakedown crane & associated support vehicles

- high spec GWR Siphons and NPCC's (other than the afformentioned Hawksworths, there are no full brakes or mail cars available RTR, and the Siphons available are all close to 40yo models)

Thanks for your time and consideration!

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi Dave,

Please consider doing private owner wagons for the Big 4 era.

Hello Dave,

I'll second that. However, can we have a slightly higher spec? I for one don't mind paying for, and getting, something that has progressed beyond H**by & D*p*l. Although you wouldn't ordinarily supply 3 links, I'd like to be able to fit them.

Did I mention 'z' scale? Only joking (I hope)

Ian

OK I'm going to put head on the line,

How about .............. a ............."O" gauge  :mosking: :mosking: :mosking:  309 Clacton set in Maroon :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Door open and running.  :help:   :help:   :help:

Well I am looking at building one, the rule generally seems to be only when I have finished does the rtr one appear, it happened a few times in my oo days.  Unfortunately with the smaller 7mm market Dave would probably have chose other, more commercial MUs first - like an HST - if ever MUs do become viable. Shunting planks can't accommodate them which leaves larger layouts and garden railways as the target market - a smaller slice of a small market, so it may be a while!  Still we can dream.