DJM wish list thread

DJM Dave

'0' Gauge Locos (?) - can't seem to find any info since the announcement (!).

Has there been any progress ?

Hi fatmac,

Apart from the announcement and the showing of the cad/cam designs for the 23 and J94 on my website, there has been only a little progress, and although not on the O gauge loco's described, on the OO J94 and N23 which will have an affect on the completion of the O gauge models.

Namely this is to get the detail correct, complete with alternate versions etc which you can see happening on the OO and N gauge versions.

Once this has been done, and taking into account I have said since day 1 that the OO J94 will be first, I shall push through the cad/cam's and development of the O gauge models.

However as the J94 is very close to tooling now, I might add that this 'push' isn't far away now.

Please keep looking at the 'Timeline' page of my website as all info on any update will be published there first and here shortly afterwards.

I hope this helps.

cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Hi fatmac,

Apart from the announcement and the showing of the cad/cam designs for the 23 and J94 on my website, there has been only a little progress, and although not on the O gauge loco's described, on the OO J94 and N23 which will have an affect on the completion of the O gauge models.

Namely this is to get the detail correct, complete with alternate versions etc which you can see happening on the OO and N gauge versions.

Once this has been done, and taking into account I have said since day 1 that the OO J94 will be first, I shall push through the cad/cam's and development of the O gauge models.

However as the J94 is very close to tooling now, I might add that this 'push' isn't far away now.

Please keep looking at the 'Timeline' page of my website as all info on any update will be published there first and here shortly afterwards.

I hope this helps.

cheers

Dave

Hi Dave

Good to see that matters are progressing with the 00 J94, not that this is a model I have any interest in personally but because assuming it sells well (and from the specification hopefully it will be very popular) it will lead to your other projects that do.

Specifically with regard to the N Gauge range, am I reading this correctly, will the "Baby Deltic" be tooled and produced before the "Clayton"?

Regards

Roy

Hi Roy,

I'm thinking the clayton before the 23 but not by much depending on how the money works out to be honest.

Mind you in a perfect world i'll have all 3 N gauge loco's released for Leamington this year :locomotive:

cheers

Dave

• Like 2

Dave,

Are you planning yearly annoucements for us to look forward to?

I'm planning more than yearly to be honest.

It really depends on how quickly I grow to be where I want to be without over stretching.

I think it's fair to say "watch this space".

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

I'm planning more than yearly to be honest.

It really depends on how quickly I grow to be where I want to be without over stretching.

I think it's fair to say "watch this space".

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave, looking forward some new items! J27 or a Q6 would be nice ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'll have a 303 EMU for my (in the very very very very very distant future) Glasgow suburban project I keep dreaming about, a CIG (think of the special commissions you could do such as 1497/98 Freshwater/Farringford), a 71/74 (you might be able to get some help from the NRM?), and if you were to make an 89 I would probably buy one to use in the future somehow... all in 00 Gauge please. Thanks Dave!  ;)

EDIT: Just had a thought, how about Ready-made third rail track? I know it's easy to drill a few holes, do some spraying of the pots and rail and glue it down, but a small ready made range of third rail track in a similar vein to D***l's simple, robust but yet aesthetically pleasing catenary might be a good seller and boost Southern Electric modelling at the same time? 

Edited by NXEA!

Could a future plan be some improved design of Semaphore signals ? the Dapol release although welcome could be improved for accurate DCC control and physical size corrections of arms etc.

A new corrected model of GWR 140 class would also be welcome.

I'll have a 303 EMU for my (in the very very very very very distant future) Glasgow suburban project I keep dreaming about, a CIG (think of the special commissions you could do such as 1497/98 Freshwater/Farringford), a 71/74 (you might be able to get some help from the NRM?), and if you were to make an 89 I would probably buy one to use in the future somehow... all in 00 Gauge please. Thanks Dave!  ;)

EDIT: Just had a thought, how about Ready-made third rail track? I know it's easy to drill a few holes, do some spraying of the pots and rail and glue it down, but a small ready made range of third rail track in a similar vein to D***l's simple, robust but yet aesthetically pleasing catenary might be a good seller and boost Southern Electric modelling at the same time? 

A Class 303 would be fantastic!!!

• Like 1

Hi Dave,

When making suggestions, do models that can be produced in more than one scale have an advantage from your point of view? I am thinking of models like the GWR 4200s which Hornby do in 00 but which are unlikely in N gauge.

DJM is only doing the Clayton in N so I guess it must be a possibility.

It is interesting to see the diverse spread of "wishes" people have expressed from the highly viable and realistic to the erm, let's just say more "niche" and less likely! 

I still see the LNER derived tank loco as amongst the most viable. Possibly an 0-6-0 or 0-6-2 type, say a J50 of N2. Both would be relatively simple designs mechanically and judging by the J94 be possible to market at a realistic price with appeal across a pretty wide range of modellers and potential for multiple sales to one person.

It will be interesting to find out where Dave's plans are headed next in July...

Roy

Roy

LNER B12

LNER G5

LNER J50

LNER J52

LNER J72

LNER N2

LNER N7

Having just removed a Dapol B1 from its box to find that the glue which was fixing the valve gear to the bodyshell had given up, can we please have valve gear that is attached to the chassis block. An easily removable loco body would help.  If so then can you produce these for me please

LNER V1/3

LNER D49 

No hurry

George

• RMweb Premium

Hoots moon it's time for something Scottish ye ken! That Caley 812 0-6-0 . Lovely wee engine as seen at Aviemore and the Severn Valley.Or how about Glen Douglas NBR 4-4-0 on display at Glasgow Riverside Museum, or...................it has to be a JONES goods. Also preserved at Glasgow Riverside museum the first 4-6-0 in the country!

• RMweb Gold

Three-rail track must be easy. Hornby-Dublo used to do it.

Seriously, apart from the fact that Dave does not want to get into track (high investment), outside third-rail track would be a nightmare to produce and not easy to lay (particularly flexi).

• RMweb Gold

LNER B12

LNER G5

LNER J50

LNER J52

LNER J72

LNER N2

LNER N7

Having just removed a Dapol B1 from its box to find that the glue which was fixing the valve gear to the bodyshell had given up, can we please have valve gear that is attached to the chassis block. An easily removable loco body would help.  If so then can you produce these for me please

LNER V1/3

LNER D49 

No hurry

George

George,

You might like to take a look at Atso-Cad. He has several of those coming up as 3D prints.