Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

The Little People - They have a life too

pirouets

• RMweb Gold

So who remembers "The Little People" cartoons that used to appear in Railway Modeller for many years. It seems Andy Y's recent post is just such a call, so come on, get your camera's out and lets see what the little darlings are up to really.

Guest Max Stafford

Well, in the first photo, the little Mexican geezer has his leg raised like he's letting one rip...! ;)

"Eet's the keedney beans, Boss!"

Dave.

• RMweb Gold

Great idea for a thread, we need to give the human dimension of railways more credit on our layouts. Here's a couple of scenes from Farthing showing modified Monty's 4mm figures. I tend to remodel faces to be individual (adding beards or whatever), and uniforms and body parts are in some cases replaced/remodelled. Good fun smile.gif

gallery_738_870_18893.jpg

If you're wondering about the size of the horse (a slightly modified HO Noch specimen), we've had an interesting discussion about that over on the Farthing blog, and if I pass it off as a yearling it should be ok it seems smile.gif

Great idea for a thread, we need to give the human dimension of railways more credit on our layouts. Here's a couple of scenes from Farthing showing modified Monty's 4mm figures. I tend to remodel faces to be individual (adding beards or whatever), and uniforms and body parts are in some cases replaced/remodelled. Good fun smile.gif

blogentry-738-12616092468302.jpg

blogentry-738-12623428536938.jpg

If you're wondering about the size of the horse (a slightly modified HO Noch specimen), we've had an interesting discussion about that over on the Farthing blog, and if I pass it off as a yearling it should be ok it seems smile.gif

Or is the caption for the last pic - "Lately Ive been feeling a little hoarse ".... sorry

• RMweb Gold

Or is the caption for the last pic - "Lately Ive been feeling a little hoarse ".... sorry

Trying hard to resist the urge to make an obvious joke about horsing around :D I'll spare you the nightmare :lol:

As for the one below, I can't quite figure out if that's an AK47, a broom or a jar of drink he's sitting with! :blink: :D

post-6686-12639203754257_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Related to the topic, I see that the editorial of the February 2010 Railway Modeller contrasts the giant leaps forward in the quality of RTR locomotives, rolling stock, scenery, control, buildings etc, with the lack of improvement in the realism of the "little people".

• RMweb Gold

Related to the topic, I see that the editorial of the February 2010 Railway Modeller contrasts the giant leaps forward in the quality of RTR locomotives, rolling stock, scenery, control, buildings etc, with the lack of improvement in the realism of the "little people".

They are certainly better now than ten years ago with the likes of Dart Castings producing the Monty's range.

Archived