SWAG members congregate here please!

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Premium

Captain

Pleased to report the E Midlands contingent will be travelling down the M5 tomorrow and entering the Great and Noble Realm of SWAGonia sometime after afternoon pasties. To avoid any friendly fire issues can you let me have the password to get through the border patrols.

Our own little piece of Cornwall 'Treneglos' will be attending the Wadebridge show this weekend. If any SWAG members are in the area please pop in and say hello (ask for Chris on the layout). Stephen Austin will be there with his collection of Southern and ACE memorabilia and Peter Richards will be selling the new "Memories of the Bodmin and Wadebridge Railway" DVD (which is excellent).

I shall be unable to attend this LOCAL show as well, despite various ploys for a pass-out.

We are running about 2 weeks behind schedule for the Harbour Lights placements, and as there's only 4 weeks till switch-on and half the gang are unfit...... and I'm second electrician and the main electrician's not allowed to do any work, and......... http://www.mouseholelights.org.uk/gallery.html let alone the fact my wife has booked 4 days to go Christmas shopping in YORK, yes up there, that's 3 days in the NRM, so all's not lost.

So life goes on in this far flung part of the Swagonian Empire.

Penlan

Captain

Our own little piece of Cornwall 'Treneglos' will be attending the Wadebridge show this weekend. If any SWAG members are in the area please pop in and say hello (ask for Chris on the layout).

I won't be able to make it this weekend Chris due to other commitments, but have a good one!

• 1 month later...

I take it that snowy Gloucestershire falls well within the realms of Swagonia.

As I'm originally from Bristol I am a swagonian by birth and claim my rightfull place as a swagonian freeman.

As for maurading welshwomen, I'm all for it. I'm married to an honourary one, well she lived in swansea for 10 years.

• 2 weeks later...

At last, i am in !

Is it me or is this site got a pants server or something ?

Everytime i try and login to here, it wont let me !

oh well, see what happens now.

So, anything new in SWAG land ???

Don't know whether this would count as "new" but a happy little coincedence yesterday at a rather nice little exhibition in Beaminster.Having just posted a rather complimentary word on RMWeb about the latest issue of Railway Modeller and its' editor, who should I meet but the man himself together with fellow Dorset RMWebber Phil Eakins. Nice to meet you Phil!

At last, i am in !

Is it me or is this site got a pants server or something ?

Everytime i try and login to here, it wont let me !

oh well, see what happens now.

So, anything new in SWAG land ???

Not the most tactful first post. Yes there are server problems at the moment, see (for instance) http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php/topic/7712-its-back/page__view__findpost__p__67510 and the pink banner at the top of every page.

Struth.... :O Mods are even roaming the distant realm of Swag, there's no hiding place now.

But, but, but I agree Mod6...... not the best opening .......

Penlan, defending the far west at Lands End.

Hi Tim - good to meet you too.

Grenville Williams' 'Wadebridge 1860's' (which was at Beaminster - see last month's RM) will be at the Southampton show at Eastleigh at the end of the month - I'll be operating on the Sunday, so come and say hello.

Phil

I'm trying to get them to wear the uniforms of .......

Or if they get this far 'The Clodgy Moors Mountain Rescue Platoon' - (Affiliated to the Romney March Mountain Rescue Squad) - they wear a very bright orange bespoke co-ordinated 3 piece outfit, nobody's really sure what the third piece is or for, but apparently it makes it exclusive!

PS - Clodgy Moor is just outside Sheffield, that's the Sheffield west of Penzance.

Penlan

• 2 weeks later...

Permission to come aboard,can keep an eye on the southern approaches to the lizard peninsular if that helps.

Whilst I am here,does anyone know the date of a vintage train & toy mini-exhibition in Redruth,possibly mid february,not the redruth clubs Carn Brea show

...Whilst I am here,does anyone know the date of a vintage train & toy mini-exhibition in Redruth,possibly mid february,not the redruth clubs Carn Brea show

Do you mean this one?

HRCA VINTAGE TOY & MODEL RAILWAY SHOW

Where: The Jubilee Hall, Wesley Chapel, Redruth

Telephone: +44 (0)1872 572486

When: Saturday 20th Feb 2010 at 10pm

Cost: Free

DESCRIPTION:

From the Hornby Railway Collectors Association (Cornwall Branch)

Interesting and fun for everyone! Refreshments, vintage working layouts, model

displays, sales of models and toys and the club stand. Disabled access.

Presumably you've visited Tumblydown Farm by Redruth!

Penlan - West of West Penzance

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Seems that I am moving back to SWAG :)

At least I will be in August when I am moving down to Bristol ready to start work in Filton in September. Cant wait!

Let's see, that's only about 90 mins each way to get to DRAG twice a month, then! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived