High Level Kits

High Level Kits

Can I add the AW D10 to my Christmas list yet? Loved the pilot model at Scaleforum and even bought the Gibson Pug wheels ready!

And might I please ask if there is anything moving with the custom gearbox drive for Mike Edge's Fell?

Thanks.

Glad you liked the new kit. That's moving forward at my usual pace and I should have those ready early next year. The way my suppliers are working these days, Xmas is probably out I'm afraid.

The fell drive unit will be going on a test etch film, and that's due to go in in the next two weeks or so. I may just get those back before the end of December.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Chris, I emailed you recently about purchasing two of your J72 chassis kits plus parts to replace the Bachmann chassis I have. Are you able to supply everything? If not the Mashima motors, I can likely source them elsewhere if I know the model number to look for.   

Hello Clive, sorry if I missed your mail. J72s are out of stock at this point in time, but all kits are being replenished ready for next spring. I've checked the etches, and there are some J72s, so I can make those the first on the list to pack. The other stuff that goes with it is fine.

Incidentally, we have a good stock of motors at present.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hopefully, all the website and e mail problems are sorted now, and anyone who wants to view the site can do so.

A couple of new Products:

For those who've bought the Judith Edge Fell kit wanting to run as a 4plus 4 with the wheelsets in unison, we have the Coupler Unit, which fits onto one of our boxes.

Another addition to the range is a gearbox, the forst in a long time. Occasionally, we have been asked about the possibility of using articulation with the tall HiFlier gearbox. A typical application might be a 9F, in which a LoadHauler+ is a good fit, but the ratios are a bit too high for a decent top speed. So now the HiFlier + gives you the height, with 34/45 or 60:1 ratios to choose from and the option of the using a DriveStretcher.

Instructions can be downloaded by clicking the links below:

Fell Coupler Unit

HiFlier+

Edited by High Level Kits
Fixing links
  • Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1

On 30/03/2019 at 16:32, High Level Kits said:

Hopefully, all the website and e mail problems are sorted now, and anyone who wants to view the site can do so.

A couple of new Products:

For those who've bought the Judith Edge Fell kit wanting to run as a 4plus 4 with the wheelsets in unison, we have the Coupler Unit, which fits onto one of our boxes.

Another addition to the range is a gearbox, the forst in a long time. Occasionally, we have been asked about the possibility of using articulation with the tall HiFlier gearbox. A typical application might be a 9F, in which a LoadHauler+ is a good fit, but the ratios are a bit too high for a decent top speed. So now the HiFlier + gives you the height, with 34/45 or 60:1 ratios to choose from and the option of the using a DriveStretcher.

Instructions can be downloaded by clicking the links below:

Fell Coupler Unit

HiFlier+

Can't find the Fell unit on your website - could be me! Also any news on the prototype Armstrong Whitworth shunter? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Chris (or anyone else who is able to answer) I am attempting to print off the High Level gearbox planner pdf but although I can turn the page as it's viewed on the screen it still prints out in a landscape format on A4 and so misses off the last part, which also has the scale on it. How do I get it to print portrait so the whole page fits on the sheet of A4?

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ruston said:

Chris (or anyone else who is able to answer) I am attempting to print off the High Level gearbox planner pdf but although I can turn the page as it's viewed on the screen it still prints out in a landscape format on A4 and so misses off the last part, which also has the scale on it. How do I get it to print portrait so the whole page fits on the sheet of A4?

Is this link any help:

www.highlevelkits.co.uk/gearboxplanner.pdf

- this should open a pdf; then it's just "File" and "Print" etc.

HTH

2 minutes ago, polybear said:

Is this link any help:

www.highlevelkits.co.uk/gearboxplanner.pdf

- this should open a pdf; then it's just "File" and "Print" etc.

HTH

That's what I am trying to print but it won't print as it looks on the screen. It wants to print on the paper in landscape format and so misses off a lot of the page.

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Ruston said:

That's what I am trying to print but it won't print as it looks on the screen. It wants to print on the paper in landscape format and so misses off a lot of the page.

When the "Print" menu page opens, is the "Portrait" option selected?  If not, does selecting it give the required output?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, polybear said:

When the "Print" menu page opens, is the "Portrait" option selected?  If not, does selecting it give the required output?

I just clicked the little printer picture and it printed. Now you've said that I've had a look again and there's a 'properties' thing, which lets me choose between portrait and landscape. I've never printed anything in landscape, ever, so I don't know why it's like that. Anyway, it's sorted now. Thanks!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, Ruston said:

I just clicked the little printer picture and it printed. Now you've said that I've had a look again and there's a 'properties' thing, which lets me choose between portrait and landscape. I've never printed anything in landscape, ever, so I don't know why it's like that. Anyway, it's sorted now. Thanks!

Blimey, I've answered a computer question. That's worrying....

• Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
10 hours ago, Ruston said:

PDFs seem to be able to override printer settings for the likes of page orientation, unlike say Microsoft Word which seems to get the message through to the printer. However, I believe in both those cases it's possible to use the printer properties to override the document properties.

Sorry, I missed this. The default is portrait, and that'ss the orientation of the original so it shouldn't give problems in most cases. If you 've been using landscape for other stuff then it may be on that setting and so needs changing.

Make sure 'actauls size' is ticked for scaling.

55 minutes ago, High Level Kits said:

Sorry, I missed this. The default is portrait, and that'ss the orientation of the original so it shouldn't give problems in most cases. If you 've been using landscape for other stuff then it may be on that setting and so needs changing.

Make sure 'actauls size' is ticked for scaling.

I have printed it and it appears to have printed to the correct size but no matter whether it's printed to 'fill page' or 'shrink to fit' it still misses off the scale along the bottom and doesn't even try to print that on a second sheet of paper. I'm having to go off the 11.8mm measurement of the Loadhauler compact and that's coming out as near as makes no difference.

39 minutes ago, Ruston said:

I have printed it and it appears to have printed to the correct size but no matter whether it's printed to 'fill page' or 'shrink to fit' it still misses off the scale along the bottom and doesn't even try to print that on a second sheet of paper. I'm having to go off the 11.8mm measurement of the Loadhauler compact and that's coming out as near as makes no difference.

If you're getting a print, and it's as near to correct size as needed, then might be worth looking at the margins settings for your printer to see if that helps get the lot on the page. I've found tweaks to top and bottom margins sometimes helps.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Margins sound like the issue. If your printer has a minimum bottom margin that's quite large, it could be that the PDF's bottom is below that cut off. 'Resize to fit' will likely only work to the page size, not the printer's printable area.