Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Blyth and Tyne photo’s all of which are of interest. In C11762, at North Blyth, with large logo 56133, on an Alcan empties train to North Blyth, on the 28th March, 1989, you have captured a splendid view of the locomotive. And in the last photo’, again at North Blyth, with the class 101 DMU on the Alcan charter from Lynemouth to North Blyth on Sunday the 21st September, 1986, you can just see that the nearest vehicle has the West Yorkshire PTE logo on it’s side. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Talk about timing, lots of pictures of cobbles between the rails - just what I'm researching at the moment!

Thanks,

Kev.

• Thanks 1

Two lovely sets today, Dave.

A typo on J8867, I think. The large logo Brush is 47 479, not 47 419. I immediately spotted the position of the ETS jumper, which lead to a closer look. Thank goodness for large logo livery!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. I like the Tramway Museum at Crich photo’s all of which are full of interest. In the first photo’, you have some vehicles that are quite different, and would make great models.

The latest Carlisle photo’s are excellent and full of different trains and points of detail. The last photo’, of 86438 and 86607, on a down train of steel coil wagons, in May, 1990, reveals that 86438 has a white double arrow, whilst 86607 has a metal example under the rear cabside windows.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 35A said:

Two lovely sets today, Dave.

A typo on J8867, I think. The large logo Brush is 47 479, not 47 419. I immediately spotted the position of the ETS jumper, which lead to a closer look. Thank goodness for large logo livery!

There are days when I think I can't read my own writing when I am doing captions!  Then I can easily do typos as well.

David

• Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
12 hours ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, David. I like the Tramway Museum at Crich photo’s all of which are full of interest. In the first photo’, you have some vehicles that are quite different, and would make great models.

The latest Carlisle photo’s are excellent and full of different trains and points of detail. The last photo’, of 86438 and 86607, on a down train of steel coil wagons, in May, 1990, reveals that 86438 has a white double arrow, whilst 86607 has a metal example under the rear cabside windows.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

... And above that 86250 seems to have no arrows at all and is missing a swallow in its slightly strange looking Inter-city livery. The flat yellow ends look a strange variation.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the ECML in Northumberland photo’s which are all of interest. In the last photo’, at Morpeth, with 43118 leading an up HST on the 26th January, 1991, you can see all too clearly how the power cars number is too far to the left under the cab windscreen. I wonder if any pay was docked as a result?

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the photo’s going north from Darlington towards Newcastle. All are of interest, and in the last photo’, at Plawsworth, with 43152, leading a Newcastle to Kings HST, in October, 1987, you have a most excellent view of BR’s best ever train.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternoon, David. I like the Grantham to Nottingham line photo’s, which are all of interest. In the first photo’, at Bottesford with a class 47, on a Parkeston Quay to Manchester train, in August, 1982, you can see that there’s no lamp iron on the secondman’s side of the cab. And in C20287, at Aslockton, with 150120, on a Crewe to Skegness service, on the 10th June, 1995, I’m just left wondering about the cab door handrails. I’ve checked various images, and none have them quite so curved outwards as on 150120. Perhaps it’s my eyesight, but that’s how they appear to me.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DaveF said:

996141940_BakerStreetRstockWatfordtoWhitechapelMarch79J6395.jpg.dd55ed1bac302ceb0e3c1073bf809f95.jpg

Baker Street R stock Watford to Whitechapel March 79 J6395.jpg

Good to see some Underground stock, David, though that's A stock, not R. I used to enjoy a good bouncy ride at high speed on these out from Baker Street to Wembley when the Model Engineering Exhibition moved to the Wemby Conference Centre in the '70s.

R stock were the last of the flared skirt type.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, BernardTPM said:

Good to see some Underground stock, David, though that's A stock, not R. I used to enjoy a good bouncy ride at high speed on these out from Baker Street to Wembley when the Model Engineering Exhibition moved to the Wemby Conference Centre in the '70s.

R stock were the last of the flared skirt type.

Thanks for the comment and for pointing out that it is A stock.  I think my skill at indentifying LT stock is on a par with BR first generation dmus.

I've amended the caption.

I'm not sure if I have any more photos of LT stock not already in this thread.

David

Edited by DaveF
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Good afternon, David. I like the London Transport photo’s, which are all most fascinating. In C5074, in the London Transport Museum, that is a great photo’ of Metropolitan number 5. John Hampden, in July, 1980. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, DaveF said:

London Transport today, with some being inside Clapham Museum.

Dave, I think you might mean the LT Museum at Covent Garden, not Clapham. Clapham closed in 1973 and the LT Museum opened in March 1980.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, St Enodoc said:

Dave, I think you might mean the LT Museum at Covent Garden, not Clapham. Clapham closed in 1973 and the LT Museum opened in March 1980.

Oops, of course I meant Covent Garden - and that is what my slide catalogue says.  I've altered the post to correct it.

I wasn't concentrating when I was typing yesterday morning.

At least I got the first letter right.

David

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

It was a very sad day when the Clapham museum closed but Covent Garden was a very good replacement until they turned it into a children's playground about five years ago. When it reopened after the revamp I made the most of my free admission due to working for TfL and paid it another visit. In my opinion it was a waste of my shoe leather walking round the new set up. Half the number of exhibits with trams virtually forgotten and lots of kids stuff that even the kids thought was boring. 

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2