Bakewell Street and other 7mm projects...

Gilbert

Well, get your skates on Gilbert! A box is no place for a Gronk....
It should be doing the mainstay of the work at Bakwell St! :)

Hope I can catch this layout again, soon preferably. And by then, you could build an ex TVR signal box too :)

PS. I kept returning in the hope of your mates removable "character" making an appearance.... but twas not to be....
PPS. That Heljan 25 did look superb

• RMweb Gold

Hope I can catch this layout again, soon preferably. And by then, you could build an ex TVR signal box too :)

PS. I kept returning in the hope of your mates removable "character" making an appearance.... but twas not to be....

You spotted the "Bakewell Tart" then? She'll be back....I do have photos but do not want to incur the wrath of Andy....

• RMweb Gold

The Gronk only has the shop-bought sound in it but it sounds pretty decent to me - D3045  will be hopelessly out of location pottering about Bakewell Street at Yate I'm sure...

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Love the Class 22. JLTRT?

It is Chris - thanks

It's been a long and winding road but I manned up and finished it off recently (on the basis that if I leave it much longer I may not need to if rumours are to be believed....)

Love the Class 22. JLTRT?

It is Chris - thanks

It's been a long and winding road but I manned up and finished it off recently (on the basis that if I leave it much longer I may not need to if rumours are to be believed....)

Indeed. Just like the Phoney War.

• 9 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Super modelling !

It's all illusion.... Back in October I decided to repaint the backscenes as they were a bit scruffy and the layout was being professionally photographed for one of the monthlies...what was revealed was an interesting sight and worth recording I think....

post-1107-0-07068200-1515349099_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-12791700-1515349108_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-09181000-1515349133_thumb.jpgpost-1107-0-30265000-1515349142_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

It's all illusion.... Back in October I decided to repaint the backscenes as they were a bit scruffy and the layout was being professionally photographed for one of the monthlies...what was revealed was an interesting sight and worth recording I think....

attachicon.gifBSBS P1300403.JPGattachicon.gifBSBS P1300404.JPGattachicon.gifBSBS P1300406.JPGattachicon.gifBSBS P1300408.JPG

Where would we all be without Potemkin?

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Chris,

Glad that Bakewell St is still going strong and is out and about on its travels. First class modelling as ever - your use of colours and weathering is superb. It would be great to see it in the flesh one day, you'll have to wangle an invite to the frozen north.......!  

David

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 09/02/2019 at 22:35, Geoff Endacott said:

Bakewell Street will be appearing at Trainwest 2019 in Corsham, Wiltshire, on 13 & 14 April.

www.trainwest.org.uk

Geoff Endacott

Bit of fettling and tarting up yesterday so a few photos were taken...

BS 26.3.19 a.jpg

BS 26.3.19..jpg

• Like 13
  • Craftsmanship/clever 3