Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, woodenhead said:

I've ended up searching Mark and Lard on t'web and found this lot

Not sure they'd be allowed to do this now on the Beeb, phalluses, STDs, thongs and gas masks

A lot of traditional folk songs would probably get 'snowflaked' now. A prime example is Bonny Black Hare.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

It is a happy song, one that one can dance to and sing along with. Nothing else.

Will we be favoured with a video of you singing and dancing along with it so we can learn the dance moves as well?

No doubt it will be a joy to behold.

:P

• Like 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, jazzer said:

Will we be favoured with a video of you singing and dancing along with it so we can learn the dance moves as well?

Be careful what you wish for...

• Agree 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, jazzer said:

I am not sure the world is ready for a fat bald bloke prancing about out of time and accidentally hitting the right note as he sings along to YMCA.

If you insist I will find my cowboy suit.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium

Back to trains. No driving tonight, well I did one train. I have been working out how many loco hauled trains I can make up. When I have finished them it will be 18 passenger and 4 parcels (more than), which is the amount I need to make the whole layout loco hauled, no DMUs. I am still going to add a few more sets another short LMS non gangway, maybe a BR set as well, a couple of short gangwayed sets and a Lima express set. I just fancy doing up some Lima coaches.

The train I ran was the LMS excursion set. I added a Replica SO to it this week, which makes it a 7 coach train as apposed to the standard 6 coach. As they are 57 footers not 63 and two are articulated coaches which are a tad shorter  I thought I would test it in the a platform. It just fits with a type 3 at one end and a B1 the other. I will have to remember if it goes into all but platform 4 and 5 which can take 7 coaches it should not have a long loco pulling it.

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium

While on the subject of my passenger trains, a basic train is either BSK/SK/SK/CK/CK/BSK or BSK/SK/SK/FK/SK/BSK. Some are made up of open coaches not corridor but the formation is much the same. The plan is for each set to have a catering/buffet car which can be substituted for one of the SKs or added if it is to run as a seven coach into platforms 4 or 5.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Just realised I haven't been to the shed since December 26 or thereabouts.  Lost interest a bit for the moment.  

You're just excited about your trip to Cornwall.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Dr Gerbil-Fritters said:

Ah, that'll be it.  Strangely, I may have to visit Camborne again within a month for an entirely different work related reason.  Now that would be strange.

Some people have all the luck !

• RMweb Premium

There are a lot worse places than Camborne. For a starters there is...... errrr, and then there is also...hummmm. Must not forget .....you know the place near that other toilet hole. Thinking about it.....Oh dear....you don't want to go there either. And just think of the poor souls who have to live in whats its name.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6

2 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

There are a lot worse places than Camborne. For a starters there is...... errrr, and then there is also...hummmm. Must not forget .....you know the place near that other toilet hole. Thinking about it.....Oh dear....you don't want to go there either. And just think of the poor souls who have to live in whats its name.

Willypebble