Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium

Lots done tonight I have been working out how to get the wide to gauge trap point to work. Photos tomorrow of the gubbins I have made, and hopefully of it working. Why is it when you come up with a great idea of modifying the track plan and you go to fit the point motor you find a baseboard cross member is under the point. That needs sorting out before fitting the modified point motor mounting thingy. I hope it works because Peco point motors do not have a lock on them and the wide to gauge trap point is a copper clad one. 

• Like 4
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 5

8 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Lots done tonight I have been working out how to get the wide to gauge trap point to work. Photos tomorrow of the gubbins I have made, and hopefully of it working. Why is it when you come up with a great idea of modifying the track plan and you go to fit the point motor you find a baseboard cross member is under the point. That needs sorting out before fitting the modified point motor mounting thingy. I hope it works because Peco point motors do not have a lock on them and the wide to gauge trap point is a copper clad one. 

Did you not plan for that Trap Point when you designed the frame for the Layout.:laugh:

Yes I know, its the old Hat, Coat on your bike Gag.:D

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
21 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Did you not plan for that Trap Point when you designed the frame for the Layout.:laugh:

Yes I know, its the old Hat, Coat on your bike Gag.:D

Mr Peters

I did plan for it sort of. It was going to be a dummy one, then when I was making it I decided to make it so it could work. When I got the trap points for the two loco yards working Sainty, bless his cotton socks, asked if I had got the wide to gauge one working. It was last night when figuring out how I was to work two tie bars from one point motor I found a lump of wood where I didn't want it.

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium

Poor old Anthony Quinn, he hated being asked about Zorba the Greek and not his other films, I guess because nobody else had seen them.  Oh and people assuming he was Greek himself, what with him being born a Mexican an' all.

Edited by Tim Dubya
too many coffees
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

"Shut that bl00dy bouzouki up!"

My father had an lp of bouzouki music that he had on continual repeat …. I might have enjoyed it the first time! 

Edited by Phil Bullock
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
17 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

Poor old Anthony Quinn, he hated being asked about Zorba the Greek and not his other films, I guess because nobody else had seen them.  Oh and people assuming he was Greek himself, what with him being born a Mexican an' all.

No he wasn't Mexican, he was an Eskimo, I know the song.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Sad news about Mikis Theodorakis dying today.

Always been one of my favorite tunes.

That's all well and good Clive but this just rocked up in the post (where's my bleedin' Howes order postie?).

IMG_20210902_113117676~2.jpg

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Tim Dubya said:

That's all well and good Clive but this just rocked up in the post (where's my bleedin' Howes order postie?).

IMG_20210902_113117676~2.jpg

I went to Lurkers gig at the Lyceum and Stiff Little Fingers were one of the supports. I recognised Jake Burns from a band that I had seen in a pub in Lisburn when serving in Northern Ireland, he was playing Rory Gallagher type blues then. The fight with the skinheads during the Lurkers set was quite memorable.  A couple of years later I was backstage with the Lurkers and the conversation moved on to the skinhead problem they had. One of the band mentioned the bloke with the beard who stood his ground at the Lyceum. I was on leave and had grown a beard, was it me? I know I was dragged out my some mates before I got beaten up.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Premium
23 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Whoops forgot tonight was a club night so I went to the club. For the first time since I have been a club member a loco was run on one of the layouts under construction.

Photo of the point gubbins tomorrow.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Whoops forgot tonight was a club night so I went to the club...

Just Googled clubs in Lincolnshire and got "Sugarcubes" night club, which has sent me right off on a tangent* 'cos I don't think I've got any of their albums.  I do have Kukl's , Holidays in Europe (The Naughty Nought), on Crass Records though.

* Just dropped Nola off for the airport bus and I am now wide awake!

Edited by Tim Dubya
link thingy
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

4 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

Just Googled clubs in Lincolnshire and got "Sugarcubes" night club, which has sent me right off on a tangent* 'cos I don't think I've got any of their albums.  I do have Kukl's , Holidays in Europe (The Naughty Nought), on Crass Records though.

* Just dropped Nola off for the airport bus and I am now wide awake!

That was nice to start the day with.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Take note other bands, people with hearing difficulties often feel the vibrations from music but can't hear the words, well done Roba Estesa for having Sandra Brake to sign the songs as part of the band. Watch her she does what I can best describe a sign-sing or sing-sign. Made even better with the two ladies from Huntza singing with them.

Here are some pictures of the bodge to hopefully get the out of gauge trap to work from one point motor.

a001.jpg.4768f10b96e21293035f9314a486a365.jpg

With the modified Pe9 mounting plate and the home made crank as the point motor rod travels one way the soldered on rod will move in the opposite direction.

a002.jpg.95dc1fb181d605379e5c7345a32f6c56.jpg

There is no top mounting hopefully being tucked up to the baseboard the crank will stay in place.

a003.jpg.9030d59cfd0c3b2ceef5edbe4ac49213.jpg

In the trap position.

a004.jpg.97879fa97971e91d7ae63c669f39db73.jpg

In the running position.

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 9

Just thought you might like an update on my Derby Lightweight single car. Well, it's finished! It's controlled by that which must not be mentioned, apologies to Clive! It has a full interior with switchable lighting and working marker lights. It's powered by the last Black Beetle I had and has full pick ups on the trailing bogie.

Derby-Lightweight-Single-A-End.gif

• Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 8
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
40 minutes ago, Wagonmaster said:

Just thought you might like an update on my Derby Lightweight single car. Well, it's finished! It's controlled by that which must not be mentioned, apologies to Clive! It has a full interior with switchable lighting and working marker lights. It's powered by the last Black Beetle I had and has full pick ups on the trailing bogie.

Derby-Lightweight-Single-A-End.gif

Yo Wagonmaster

No need to apologise, drive your trains how you like......just please don't tell me how to drive mine.

The model looks wonderful thank you for sharing with all of us.

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I have been out most the day so no modelling.

Can't go wrong with a bit of our fellow modeller Rod when he was with the Faces

"A little old-fashioned but that's all right".

Sounds like us.

• Agree 3
  • Funny 2