Sheffield Exchange, Toy trains, music and fun!

Clive Mortimore

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

I have done all DMU sessions, they are excellent, no having to shunt locos about, really easy.

That looks like a great spotting opportunity, loads of DMU numbers, as opposed to locos and coaches (I didn't collect coach numbers).

You need a haze filter on these photos; with 32 DMU cars I wouldn't have wanted to work in the building overlooking Sheffield Exchange, at least not with the windows open.

• Like 5
  • Funny 1

22 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

The class 121

007.jpg.e0e6037cc672e63eab40a89b384c402f.jpg

The Driving Trailer Second. Four manufacturers have made the 121 DMBS but none have done a DTS to go with it and at the coast of a Dapol or Bachy 121 to cut about to make a DTS.....Lima is the way to go. Sorry the phone camera had other ideas about what it was focusing on. 

How timely that you put this up Clive.

I was speaking to my brother about those DTS to work with a (W) Bubble Car.

He has asked that I enquire what you have done to the Lima 117. Or I suppose

more accurately what he would need to do to get a reasonable representation.

I'm afraid I can't guarantee that it will come out multi-coloured, I only seem to

see lots of blue/grey when I visit.

All the best

TONY

• Like 4

He used a bit out of a centre car to replace the brake compartment. A different option is the silver fox conversion kit which has resin parts. The DTS was the same as the DMS used in the 117.

British Rail Class 117 Pressed Steel Ready Run Kits Locos Silver Fox Models

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

I'm in the trainset room running me toys. 

How is this for an operator error. I came into the room with a cup of coffee. I sorted out some locos in the fuddle yard. walked over to the control panel and sent that big grey class 60 and a train off to over the hills and far away. CRASH, as the loco hit my cup. I had left it on the running lines. :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 2
  • Friendly/supportive 12

4 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

How is this for an operator error. I came into the room with a cup of coffee. I sorted out some locos in the fuddle yard. walked over to the control panel and sent that big grey class 60 and a train off to over the hills and far away. CRASH, as the loco hit my cup. I had left it on the running lines. :whistle:

Its not the 1st of April is it? 

You running a Class 60?

Not drinking all your coffee before running Trains?

you being forgetful?

Sorry to hear all that mate.

• Like 3
  • Funny 3

10 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Clive

I bet that even those smarty pants DCC types haven't got an interactive app that will provide GPS data upon the location of your coffee cup, so I wouldn't worry about such an occurrence.

Did any coffee get spilled over the class 60? If so it could be a half way house to the livery carried by D0280 Falcon.

Gibbo.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Clive

I bet that even those smarty pants DCC types haven't got an interactive app that will provide GPS data upon the location of your coffee cup, so I wouldn't worry about such an occurrence.

Did any coffee get spilled over the class 60? If so it could be a half way house to the livery carried by D0280 Falcon.

Gibbo.

Not GPS on the cup, but track circuiting may have shown that there was an obstruction if there was any damp on the outside of the mug :D 

Hope the 60 and the cup and its contents survived the incident!

Andi

• Like 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

Its not the 1st of April is it? 

You running a Class 60?

Not drinking all your coffee before running Trains?

you being forgetful?

Sorry to hear all that mate.

:warning:

1 hour ago, Gibbo675 said:

Gibbo.

58 minutes ago, Dagworth said:

Hope the 60 and the cup and its contents survived the incident!

Andi

Hi Andy, Gibbo and Andi

No coffee was spilt, no damage to the cup and no damage to the loco, it stayed on the track. 

The only damage was to my pride. 

At the moment there is a train running where even the loco is the same colour as the coaches, it is a maroon Warship on a all maroon set of coaches. :secret:  :O 

Edited by Clive Mortimore
The "W" on me filp-flop don't seem to work.
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 6
  • Funny 2

10 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

:warning:

Hi Andy, Gibbo and Andi

No coffee was spilt, no damage to the cup and no damage to the loco, it stayed on the track. 

The only damage as to my pride. 

At the moment there is a train running where even the loco is the same colour as the coaches, it is a maroon Warship on a all maroon set of coaches. :secret:  :O 

That must be a first, a train in one colour scheme on your layout

• Agree 3
  • Funny 5

14 minutes ago, cheesysmith said:

That must be a first, a train in one colour scheme on your layout

Hi Dave,

What you have to realise is that the aforementioned train as described sounds as though it was all done up Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion.

You know, but not speak of which region that originated from !!!

Gibbo.

• Like 5

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi Dave,

What you have to realise is that the aforementioned train as described sounds as though it was all done up Ship Shape and Bristol Fashion.

You know, but not speak of which region that originated from !!!

Gibbo.

Hi Gibbo

The said train has two Thompson coaches in its formation.

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Hi Gibbo

The said train has two Thompson coaches in its formation.

Hi Clive,

Through working and origination do not have the same meaning, furthermore my dear Mr Mortimer, I shall refrain from saying, "Bristols to you Sir!", for I do not wish to donate to one's swear box any time soon.

Gibbo.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Who are you and what have you done with Clive?

• Funny 17

11 hours ago, ian said:

Who are you and what have you done with Clive?

Perhaps this is one of those signals for help - Clive is being held hostage and he is signaling for help by running matched trains.

If he has blokes in his videos perhaps that will indicate the number of kidnappers.

If only there were some landmarks, hills or other memorable features in Lincolnshire we would be able to pinpoint where he lives to call in the SAS.

• Like 2
  • Funny 8

2 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

Perhaps this is one of those signals for help - Clive is being held hostage and he is signaling for help by running matched trains.

If he has blokes in his videos perhaps that will indicate the number of kidnappers.

If only there were some landmarks, hills or other memorable features in Lincolnshire we would be able to pinpoint where he lives to call in the SAS.

Hi Woodenhead,

If he had DCC control the track circuits would at least pick up where his coffee cup is to be located.

Gibbo.

• Funny 7

We could always direct the rescue party by local topography..........................., wait, this is problem. I think directions like turn left at the farmers dung heap might not go down well. Or look for the place with horses. Or look for the getting fatter old bloke, loosing hair, playing with trains?

We still need to narrow it down, far too many options from that description lol.

• Like 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Premium
25 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Maybe I should have given everyone a warning about the few trains I have that are all the same colour.

But they're only one coach DMUs surely.   :jester:

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

19 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Two trains the same colour, running at the same time.

Trying out the video camera on the tablet thingy.

Never mind dcc, have those two 31's been fitted with an experimental gas turbine, maybe using methane produced by Mrs M's horses?

Roja

• Funny 1