Fenchurch St Peter

George Woodcock

Hello

Richard, fortunately for him, managed to find a reason not to be there which left only John and I to make fools of ourselves. 

Cheers

George

Hello

Richard, fortunately for him, managed to find a reason not to be there which left only John and I to make fools of ourselves. 

Cheers

George

Speak for yourself!!!!!

IP12

I bet watching the DVD being filmed was interesting.

John being his usual diva self, insisting on fresh flowers around the layout and having his personal hairdresser flown in by helicopter from Towcester, George doing his Kenny Rogers impression and demanding that his version of " Coward of the County" is used as the backing track on the DVD

Richard

I bet watching the DVD being filmed was interesting.

John being his usual diva self, insisting on fresh flowers around the layout and having his personal hairdresser flown in by helicopter from Towcester, George doing his Kenny Rogers impression and demanding that his version of " Coward of the County" is used as the backing track on the DVD

Richard

My changing room was pretty poor as well ( trap 2 in the gents WC! )

IP13

Thanks Steve

It's a tempting offer, Father Christmas brought me the new Peco handbook on N Gauge modelling. I can only dream of operating a layout sitting in a chair.

Keep thinking an operator is for life, not just for Christmas

RC ☹️

• Like 2

Hello

Richard you will always be my star operator and friend. A DVD is but fleeting fame but the live performances are what people will always remember. Don't be led astray by offers of chairs ,remember we have matting, although you did have to get that yourself didn't you . Not to worry it was worth it. If it is any consolation I didn't get a changing room, or flowers, or champagne, just the reflective glow of being in the same shot as John, the Tom Hanks of Railway modelling. Again Season's Greetings.

Cheers

George

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hello all

Glad to see this thread has degenerated into IPs.

was wondering if anybody had seen my question about the layout yes FSP that one. My post was about 25 or so back.

Having a lovely time

Steve

Thread drift.

IP - lost count.

Cheers (in more ways than one)

Mick

Hello

Sorry Steve I must have missed it in the general chaos around here but here is my belated reply. The water in the Middle Drain on Fenchurch is indeed by Deluxe Materials and is called Solid Water. Basically a two part resin and hardener, easy to use, sets in a few hours. The reeds are stuck in place first with some of the green material being added after the 'water' has set. The ripples are also from Deluxe Materials and is called Making Waves. It is a bit like PVA Glue , just brush it on and make the ripples, again it sets overnight. Make sure your river/canal bed is sealed tight or it will run out, if there's a gap it will find it. You also need to paint the bed with an appropriate colour before putting the resin in . Hope this helps. 

Cheers

George

Agree about making sure that the river bed is sealed did this on a previous layout and next morning found a nice lump of river on the floor ! My club were building a model of the Ashburton line and had to try half a dozen times to get the river right this was before Deluxe products were even thought of and floor polish was melted down to try and provide a river the smell was horrible.