Jump to content

NHY 581

The Sheep Chronicles. Like a Lambstone Cowboy. The continuing adventures of Norman Lockhart.

Recommended Posts

Skipping back to Sheep Lane, 

 

Thanks Mike. 

 

Andy, 

 

The scenic section is a tad over 43 inches long  by a tad over 10 inches wide. 

The shelves are two inches deep. 

 

The fiddly yard is 31 and one half long, width and depth as per scenic section. 

 

Rob. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2019 at 08:42, Andrew P said:

Glad I saw it last year then Rob, any chance of a couple of overhead shots please before it goes, and a quick reminder of it's dimensions as well please in English, not that metronic jargon that I can never translate.

Scenic board 3'7" x 10", fiddle yard 2'7" x 10". April's Model Rail covered Sheep Lane and Mutton.

 

Sheep Lane will be at Hartlepool in October and Spennymoor in November. In 2020 it's South Shields in February and the wonderful 1 day show at Thirsk in July. Other bookings will no doubt be forthcoming. If I can twist Bob's arm it should be at Retford in November 2020.

 

Mike

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Yes it is all in the detail, as well as providing a plausible setting for the detail to sit in.  I've tried to go for little cameos of this sort on Cwmdimbath; group of railwaymen in conversation outside the office, driver with tea can to fill in his hand, sheep blocking the road out of sheer cussedness on the bridge (no bus for me), that sort of thing.  More are planned; my mountainside is far too bare and needs some Pennant Sandstone outcrops dipping correctly, and at least one and probably two pigeon lofts.  There's also the possible inclusion of the river, Nant Dimbath, still running clear here upstream of the washery outlet that will blacken it.

Edited by The Johnster
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, durham light infantry said:

Scenic board 3'7" x 10", fiddle yard 2'7" x 10". April's Model Rail covered Sheep Lane and Mutton.

 

Sheep Lane will be at Hartlepool in October and Spennymoor in November. In 2020 it's South Shields in February and the wonderful 1 day show at Thirsk in July. Other bookings will no doubt be forthcoming. If I can twist Bob's arm it should be at Retford in November 2020.

 

Mike

Thanks Mike for the photo and dimensions, and great to see it will continue on the Exhibition Circuit.

 

All the best.

Edited by Andrew P
add words
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, durham light infantry said:

How's this Andy?

 

Looks strangely familiar... :)

 

Al.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Evening Jonners. 

 

Thank you for those kind words. 

 

I simply try to make the best use of what is available.

 

Railwells was a great day out with lots to look at and very decent people to catch up with. 

 

Amongst the many laughs today there was much to inspire. 

 

Farringdon and Black Lion Crossing stood out for me but Sheep croft yard appealed as well

 

Here are a few images from the show. 

 

It's all in the detail don't you know. 

 

Rob. 

 

 

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/20190811_115644-01.jpeg.b42eb10cbbac1904532560304b782ac0.jpeg

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/20190811_120318-01.jpeg.d9a784a11ed30b13925ef0f73154dc7f.jpeg

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/20190811_121409-01.jpeg.7a8c4bab03d07d9d997f854a995ee5d3.jpeg

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/20190811_121452-02.jpeg.ccf8d53be342f56f398d5311adebee89.jpeg

Of course it did!

 

Sorry I couldn't share tea, cakes and a few laughs with you again this year.

Edited by St Enodoc
  • Friendly/supportive 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, durham light infantry said:

Scenic board 3'7" x 10", fiddle yard 2'7" x 10". April's Model Rail covered Sheep Lane and Mutton.

 

Sheep Lane will be at Hartlepool in October and Spennymoor in November. In 2020 it's South Shields in February and the wonderful 1 day show at Thirsk in July. Other bookings will no doubt be forthcoming. If I can twist Bob's arm it should be at Retford in November 2020.

 

Mike

 

Rob/Mike,

 

Great to hear that Sheep Lane is going to a new home and even better that it is going to be residing with Mike and will be doing the rounds in the North East. It is in a very safe pair of hands and I am really pleased that I will get to see it now without travelling to the deep south! 

 

As I have said before, your wonderful work has inspired me to get back into modelling, and for that I am very grateful. Looking forward to seeing the layout later in the year. 

 

David

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, south_tyne said:

 

Rob/Mike,

 

Great to hear that Sheep Lane is going to a new home and even better that it is going to be residing with Mike and will be doing the rounds in the North East. It is in a very safe pair of hands and I am really pleased that I will get to see it now without travelling to the deep south! 

 

As I have said before, your wonderful work has inspired me to get back into modelling, and for that I am very grateful. Looking forward to seeing the layout later in the year. 

 

David

 

 

David

 

Consider yourself booked as operating at South Shields in February.

 

Mike

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

...Railwells was a great day out with lots to look at and very decent people to catch up with. 

 

Amongst the many laughs today there was much to inspire. 

 

Farringdon and Black Lion Crossing stood out for me but Sheep croft yard appealed as well. 

 

Here are a few images from the show. 

 

It's all in the detail don't you know. 

 

Rob...

 

Managed to let it slip through my fingers yet again this year.... I blame my apathy :(

i did manage to spot this on Saturday though.

Mutton.jpg

Edited by Tim Dubya
  • Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

 

Managed to let it slip through my fingers yet again this year.... I blame my apathy https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png

i did manage to spot this on Saturday though.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/Mutton.jpg.e2562f586998215bedf9e203d2249379.jpg

Crikey, you nearly blew your cover there...

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/08/2019 at 00:33, Porcy Mane said:

 

Never mind the notes. Are his legs on the right way round. I've seen the man wearing shorts and there was something distinctly perturbing.

 Any man over 25 wearing shorts is distinctly perturbing! :o

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tim Dubya said:

 

Managed to let it slip through my fingers yet again this year.... I blame my apathy https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_sad.png

i did manage to spot this on Saturday though.

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_08/Mutton.jpg.e2562f586998215bedf9e203d2249379.jpg

 

 

Afternoon all. 

 

Thanks Dubbers. Is that one of those face book thingies? 

 

Nice of Hornby. 

 

Rob. 

  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, durham light infantry said:

David

 

Consider yourself booked as operating at South Shields in February.

 

Mike

 

No problem Mike, it will be a pleasure to pitch in and assist :good_mini:

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear old Mutton is popping up in a few places. 

 

I have to say that Mutton will be a 'keeper' and all the more likely that Lamb Regis will follow on after Lambston.........

 

This also making a suitable home for the layouts a bit of a modelling priority......

 

Rob. 

  • Like 5
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite this publicity, the works Forecat remains unimpressed. 

 

 

Rob. 

20190716_174711-01-01.jpeg

  • Like 7
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 7
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, durham light infantry said:

 

 

Excellent news, Mike. 

 

Good to see Sheep Lane being used. 

 

The maximum I needed to take away with me was ten wagons ( 2 brakes+ 8 wagons) and three locos. 

 

Never did of course. Locos yes but could never stick to ten wagons........

 

 

Great stuff. 

 

 

Rob. 

  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything planned in Cardiff today Rob?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A little something is going on, Stubbers.

Hopefully a sound drubbing will be handed out by the home team.......

 

I am however, 1,000 miles east of it all..........( Good beer, 30p a pint)

 

Robski. 

 

  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

A little something is going on, Stubbers.

Hopefully a sound drubbing will be handed out by the home team.......

 

I am however, 1,000 miles east of it all..........( Good beer, 30p a pint)

 

Robski. 

 

Skiing or Polish ing, haha:laugh::fie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

A little something is going on, Stubbers.

Hopefully a sound drubbing will be handed out by the home team.......

 

I am however, 1,000 miles east of it all..........( Good beer, 30p a pint)

 

Robski. 

 

Just sneaked a win over the second team.  :blum_mini:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.