• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Anotheran said:

I think that you will find that New Zealand are now the second team with Ireland third and England fourth :P

Well, after last night's showing Australia certainly aren't.

Don't rule out South Africa though. They seem to be building at just the right time.

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Anotheran said:

I think you'll find that New Zealand are now the second team with Ireland third and England fourth :p

:blum_mini:

Perhaps I ought to have used the term second XV or England seconds as part of my attempt at banter?

Replacements aside, only three of the England starting XV would be first choice for a normal international against Wales.  Conversely, Wales had eleven of their first choice XV on the pitch.  Wales did a thorough job of containing a lacklustre England team who only looked like scoring on one occasion but I was a little surprised they only scored one try via some quick thinking rather than quality play, unlike earlier this year when England were out played.  It is difficult to read either of the teams in terms of the World Cup other than to conclude that Wales' defence is difficult to break down.

As for southern hemisphere teams: SA do look to be back on form with a classic SA combination of big mobile forwards and speedy backs linked by an outstanding scrum half.  After yesterday NZ must (still) be everyone's first seeds though.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, colin penfold said:

I think he meant England put out their second team, which enabled the shock win....

Ducking..........

:)

There was no shock........simply normal service being resumed after a spot of generosity at Twickers. 

Let's see what the next couple of months bring.

Rob. 

• Like 3
  • Funny 1

On 16/08/2019 at 20:21, durham light infantry said:

Rob and all the ovine flock. After a crap week with little spare time, Sheep Lane is up and running.

20190816_174653.jpg.daac92919f7f26becf72fef95d087414.jpg

20190816_174725.jpg.a992f9277260b8a82a2a31d774c00a72.jpg20190816_174747.jpg.7ea9ec7b66e4da51f04a9e3bf2c8606e.jpg20190816_174800.jpg.e51ca72f1741c3f882e37c7b80067854.jpg

Given the new location of Sheep Lane, can we be expecting regular visits of local photographer Bishop Derek Treacle?

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

Just noticed that Bleat Wharf will be in BRM next month - well done Mr Sheepersley!

Thanks, CK. Andy has done a lovely job of all the photos but there are a couple that really capture the look and feel I was after. 

Really pleased. 

1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Given the new location of Sheep Lane, can we be expecting regular visits of local photographer Bishop Derek Treacle?

One would hope so Wooders. Every layout needs it's own photographer. 

We have Norman Lockhart who is often accompanied by Ivor Peterborough. 

Then of course there is R C Wolseley, a regular in the South West. 

Perhaps Bethesda Sidings will see a visit from C K Artworth.....

Rob 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Thanks, CK. Andy has done a lovely job of all the photos but there are a couple that really capture the look and feel I was after. 

Really pleased. 

One would hope so Wooders. Every layout needs it's own photographer. 

We have Norman Lockhart who is often accompanied by Ivor Peterborough. 

Then of course there is R C Wolseley, a regular in the South West. 

Perhaps Bethesda Sidings will see a visit from C K Artworth.....

Rob 

His brother, W C Wolseley, has been out and about in Mid-Cornwall in recent weeks:

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/94350-mid-cornwall-lines-1950s-western-region-in-00/&do=findComment&comment=3611364

I thought we might have seen a pan shot, but it wasn't to be.

Flushed with this success, he has invited another well-known photographer, Doris Mart, to join him next time.

• Funny 1

13 hours ago, woodenhead said:

John  (Jack) Weeknease was the undisputed champion of North East railway photographers. So well thought of, The Weeknease Photographic Thrust was set up to preserve his body       of work.

Often seen with camera in one hand and a bottle of Fentimans botanical ginger beer in the other he developed the technique of riding his pushbike whilst sucking on a Hoggetts pickled onion, taking a swig of his ginger beer and a clicking a motion blurred photograph of moving locomotive all at the same time.

I believe this may be an example of his work.

hoggetts1

This definitely is:

1502015742_CrockDepotJohn(Jack)WeekneaseColin(Kack)OscameePhotoTrust.jpg.8d2319ced7f23119d12fad7cb17a813d.jpg

Not sure if Jack ever managed to pedal his pushbike as far as deepest LSWR land though?

P

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Like 14
  • Informative/Useful 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Captain Kernow said:

Very nice indeed!

I knew you'd know it makes sense.

Thanks CK. Another terribly cute small tank engine joins the flock. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Thanks CK. Another terribly cute small tank engine joins the flock. 

It looks very much at home there. I think it's trying to tell you something, though. It's asking most politely to be lightly weathered!

Edited by Captain Kernow
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

It looks very much at home there. I think it's trying to tell you something, though. It's asking most politely to be lightly weathered!

I am inclined to agree. Whilst one wouldn't want to distress the dear little chap too much, there is a need to apply a little work induced ambience.......

• Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Just bought the latest BRM and read your article, Mr Sheepshanks, top stuff. Your track weathering bears very close scrutiny. 

You're too kind, CK. 

Mr York ' s photos are superb and really capture the look and feel I hoped for. 

Regards the trackwork, I did things differently this time and spent more time on the weathering, in particular the rails themselves. Once I was happy ( ish), I ballasted. 

There really is lots to do with Bleat but the basics are there. 

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, 2ManySpams said:

I particularly liked the trees.

Quite. However, you overlooked the sheep.