New 'stuff' from Lanarkshire Models & Supplies

davefrk

Hi Paul, we are aware of that wee problem, I probably didn't save the page as I set it up and then uploaded the website. Have tried to upload the altered website this morning but the server is very busy so it may be this afternoon. It doesn't affect the actual pages the lamps are on and the orders for lamps that have come in overnight and this morning worked fine.

One thing though, could customers from overseas please remember to read the postage page on the website regarding costs of postage abroad....

Thanks,

Dave Franks

Hi Paul, we are aware of that wee problem

That's usually age related. 

(I forgot to send the pics of lamps but will try to send them after todays chores. If I remember..).

EDIT: Should be with you now. So much easier than doing chores.

Edited by Porcy Mane

Well, still been unable to update the website to correct a few anomalies, it seems the host's server is having problems. The website is working fine with peoples orders coming through and on that note I'm having to cast more coach vents so apologises if you are waiting.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Hi all, apologises for the state of the website, I still can't upload a revised version. The host's server is having a core meltdown seemingly but the orders are still being processed so that's okay. Orders placed over the weekend were posted this morning as it was a public holiday here yesterday and so are subject a slight delay.  

All the best,

Dave Franks

LNER standard bufferstop coming along nicely....

OT, but will you be claiming compo from VW for that Jetta TDi of yours, Dave?

Yes as someone has said, was I mis-sold TDi?  

To be honest I don't know because I didn't look at the figures apart from the fuel economy which, on my Jetta when driven carefully, can beat the manufacturers figures by a good margin as you too have testified. I've always used good quality branded fuels and had the servicing done at the correct time so I feel I'm doing my bit for the environment. Even Fiona's Touran TDi with the same 2ltr engine gets better than the VW average. Careful running in has helped too with both cars now at around 65000 miles they use no oil between services something that couldn't be said for the secondhand AUDI Avant TDi I had before...

I'm just waiting to hear about all the other car companies being investigated especially Ford who head hunted a number of the VW design team a number of years ago and for all we know took the defeat device with them to Ford.... LOL

Anyway as someone else said, look at all the muck American trucks push out both visually and invisibly but of course they are American made not European.

I am surprised at a company like VW pulling such a trick but I would still buy another VW for the 'quality build' feel I have had since 1976.

Dave Franks.

• Like 3

Yes as someone has said, was I mis-sold TDi?  

To be honest I don't know because I didn't look at the figures apart from the fuel economy ....

I suppose any compo decision would be influenced if your VED rate were to be increased based on a retested emissions figure.

My Bora TDi 100 is too old (2003/4) to be affected - built before "defeat" software was ever a glint in a Bosch programmer's eye.

Hi Ivan, I was told last night our two VWs are just outside the timescale for the affected vehicles so goodo.

Will check it out though.

After his comments re, VW, I was also slagging off 'Vitalspark' for his big oil gussling 4x4 Rangie, the first time he was with us to a show he couldn't believe the 57mpg with the Jetta and four people.

All the best,

Dave Franks

Hi People, the Lanarkshire Models & Supplies website has been updated or at least some anomolies have been sorted although, I have just found a couple more so some more work is required.

The new LNER standard bufferstop master is nearly finished and should be in the casting shop next week to be released at the EMGS NE Border group's 'Workshop Wise' event on the 10th and then on the website after that.

Cheers,

Dave Franks.

• Like 1

I'm averaging 60-70 at present. What I would really like is a remapped ECU to extract a bit more torque....

Yep, I'm not quite so good but the average is 58.5 for the past 4000 odd miles so can't complain. Only got into the 70s on a few occasions this year.

What ever you do don't ask VW to remap the Bora....

Had a 1.8i petrol Vento GL before the AUDI and the figures were exactly half what the Jetta now gets so I'm sticking with diesel....

All the best.

Dave Franks

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 2

Here's a wee taster for the 4mm scale 'Easterners' amongst you.

LNER Standard bufferstop, seen all over the former LNER system from London to Aberdeen, Fort William, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Carlisle, Manchester, Etc, Etc. Derived from a similar Great Central design and adopted by the LNER for all lines.

post-10324-0-41582700-1443878051.jpg

post-10324-0-88784100-1443878074.jpg

Oops, I forgot to add the stay bar for the photo where the big nuts are.

post-10324-0-78359900-1443878101.jpg

Closeup of the bracket detail.

Masters held together with Blu-tac

The mould base will be made today and the mould poured tomorrow so should have stocks for the EMGS Borders group 'Workshop Wise' event in Stannington, Newcastle upon Tyne and then for the Website.

(Really must get around to making some C&L sleepers to fit double thickness rails for these photos.

All the best,

Dave @ LMS

Edited by davefrk
  • Like 7

Yep, I'm not quite so good but the average is 58.5 for the past 4000 odd miles so can't complain. Only got into the 70s on a few occasions this year.

What ever you do don't ask VW to remap the Bora....

Had a 1.8i petrol Vento GL before the AUDI and the figures were exactly half what the Jetta now gets so I'm sticking with diesel....

All the best.

Dave Franks

My son has just acquired a 1.4TSi Golf which is averaging around 52mpg. His brother's A3 with the 2.0TDi does around 55-60 and he pushes it pretty hard. My own experience suggests the Euro 2 and 3 1.9TDi engines were about the most economical of the lot but did suffer from hefty oil consumption, around 4-5 litres between changes but my 150bhp Golf was regularly hitting 70mpg without all the stop-start gizmos of todays models.