Westbridge - OO BR Blue 1970s Western Region Terminus

AlexRaybould

Firstly apologies for the lack of updates! Been extremely busy, however, the Westbridge extension is complete!

Tomorrow the layout is attending the Cheltenham Model Railway exhibition in its extended format!

post-24270-0-69463200-1490993255_thumb.jpg

post-24270-0-32068100-1490993266_thumb.jpg

If you want to find out more about the show, click the following link http://www.cheltmodrail.org.uk/preview.php?ExKey2=38

If you are in the area make sure you attend as it is always a great show and it is for a charitable cause called the Pied Piper Appeal which helps sick and disabled children in Gloucestershire.

There will be plenty of future posts with the build of the extension including all of the photos taken. 

Thanks 

Alex

Edited by AlexRaybould
  • Like 7

• Tempfix

Hi Alex,

Good to meet you at the Cheltenham show earlier. Agree with the above, the extension looks great already. I particularly like your loco shed. I need to scratch build something similar for my home layout (in all the spare time that comes with having two children under two!). Only sorry that my son's attention didn't last long enough to see more of the stock.

Keep up the good work.

Rich

Hi Alex,

I enjoyed the show at Cheltenham yesterday.

It was good to see Westbridge again, the extra length is certainly an improvement,

cheers

Thanks very much Kevin, 

Enjoyed speaking to you and it always nice meet other RMwebbers!

Thanks 

Alex

• Like 1

Hi Alex,

Good to meet you at the Cheltenham show earlier. Agree with the above, the extension looks great already. I particularly like your loco shed. I need to scratch build something similar for my home layout (in all the spare time that comes with having two children under two!). Only sorry that my son's attention didn't last long enough to see more of the stock.

Keep up the good work.

Rich

Thanks very much Rich, 

Really appreciate your compliments after admiring Oxford Road at past exhibitions before I had started building the layout. 

No need to apologise!

Thanks 

Alex

• Like 1

Alex,

I love the layout. I think it great! There are so many possibilities that you can do with it e.g. shunting, rolling stock, puzzels etc.

Here are some photos of my 66 on the layout on Saturday.

Thanks for all your help on Saturday Tom, really appreciate it. 

Your welcome to help out at any future exhibitions, will probably end up with an additional controller which should allow even more shunting!

Thanks 

Alex

• Like 1

Good to see you again Alex, the layout looks great. The extra length and reconfiguration have given it a great deal more potential.

Andi

Thanks Andi!

Enjoyed speaking to you over the weekend as ever. The layout was definitely more entertaining to operate this time around with the extension.

Hopefully see you again soon. 

Alex

• Like 1

Westbridge was running really well every time I saw it over the weekend, you've done a grand job.  Good to see you and the layout again.

Thanks Rich, 

Good to see you again. Getting the layout running smoothly was the main priority and was definitely worthwhile as everything ran faultlessly over the weekend!

Hopefully see you again soon!

Alex 

• Like 1

A really successful outing with Westbridge at the Cheltenham Model Railway exhibition in its extended format for the first time !

The layout ran faultlessly during the weekend which was surprising considering the limited amount of testing carried out before the show! The extension has enabled much more operational interest whilst exhibiting and now has almost endless possibilities for shunting! Linking up the station and depot sections of the layout with the station run round loop has made the operation much more flexible allowing locos to run light off the depot and then run off scene after collecting some rolling stock. Having the bay platform now allows me to run mk1's as well as multiple units which I was unable to make use of previously. 

Here are a few pictures of the layout during the show. 

post-24270-0-75757500-1491247267_thumb.jpg

post-24270-0-51559600-1491247298_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Phil from Abbotswood Junction for letting me borrow his 1200 Falcon on the Sunday afternoon which he had only purchased and fitted sound to that day !

post-24270-0-34295100-1491247317_thumb.jpg

Was great to catch up with everyone and always nice to meet some other RMwebbers. 

The show made all of the effort I put in worthwhile and I will now look forward to developing the layout further. 

Will update the topic again soon!

Thanks 

Alex

Edited by AlexRaybould
  • Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Cracking layout Alex - glad it all went well , its a good feeling to come away from a show feeling you have put on something good for the paying customers

And every time I passed you seemed to be generating plenty of interest....

Phil

• 1 year later...
  • Tempfix

Hi Alex,

Very good to see you and Westbridge again at the Hucclecote show today. Hope you got a chance for a sit down at some point - it's always a bit weird and exhausting operating on your own all day. Again, sorry my son's attention span didn't last through all of the stock, but all looking very good and performing faultlessly.

Rich

Hi Alex

Good to see this at the weekends show.

I went away still trying to work out how you had extended the layout, which must imply you have a good cohesive

effect. It certainly wasn't obvious what you had done.

I have now caught up with the development on here, and will be watching with interest.

You mention weathering for locos etc to come later, do have any plans to do likewise with the layout?

(It does look just little too pristine for the Blue era, as I recall it).

All the best