Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0DM in 4mm?

Hi all, I am looking for a 4mm scale Hudswell Clarke 0-6-0DM shunter like the one pictured below. I have been searching for a while now, but have only found Worsley Works whose website says they are willing to make kits if you provide details, but I don't know how much it will cost. Their prices generally seem very reasonable.

Western_Fuels_Diesel_Locomotive_at_Brist

Thanks, IC125

• Like 1

I think the photo is a very different beast from the ones mercian do and i suspect its going to be a DIY jobbie with at best an RTR chassis but that looks a bit of a monster to be honest.

http://cliffjones.zenfolio.com/p1056649801/h37A29E8E#h37a29e8e

Assuming that the leading dimensions are similar and allowing for the loco being somewhat bigger, the principal differences look to be cosmetic: steps, valance and length of the bonnet and so on. The shape and detail of the cab (not including the 'bunker that the BR ones had) look remarkably similar as does the profile of the bonnet. I'd reckon that the conversion work would be easier than starting from scratch myself but that's just my preference.

Adam

Sorry Adam,

You will need to make new bonnet and sides to make the later longer bonnet version.

Have you seen / got the book on Hudswell Clark diesels by Ronald Nelson Redman?

Unfortunately no drawings but a good selection of photos.

Gordon A

Bristol

What I meant Gordon, was that the shapes and basic dimensions were already available: a new bonnet assembly would be much easier if those things were known. Much easier to work that out relative to known information than to work out the whole loco with no drawings. That front grill will be tricky whatever you do, however.

Adam

• 2 years later...

I'm building one of the Mercian kits for the industrial version at the moment (and found this thread whilst looking to see if anyone else had built one). It's OK, but a little challenging in places (mostly because it's a shot down 7mm kit).

The biggest challenge so far is the front grille - it's curved, and the part supplied is the same width as the bulkheads so there's a gap round the edges. 

Edited by pete_mcfarlane