Hornby teasing on facebook (revealed 15 May)

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold

I wonder why people keep saying it's got something to do with Thomas :O Thomas never existed to actually be measured up.

Of course he existed as did all the locos and stories from the original series.  The Rev didn't have much imagination so when his soon pestered him for stories they were all drawn from the Rev's own life, or real stories he'd read about.  Thomas was an LBSCR E2 from the Rev's early days.  You'll be telling us next there's no Santa........

JBM wrote:

The Nene Valley Railway may have a different point of view.

Well I have no idea what loco the Nene Valley uses. Thomas is supposedly based on an E2. Though in the TV programs Thomas is much shorter and does display a few minor differences. Therefore measuring a real E2 will probably just be half useful. Hence why a lot of people complain about the dimensions of the Hornby Thomas.

Of course he existed as did all the locos and stories from the original series.  The Rev didn't have much imagination so when his soon pestered him for stories they were all drawn from the Rev's own life, or real stories he'd read about.  Thomas was an LBSCR E2 from the Rev's early days.  You'll be telling us next there's no Santa........

Yes I am sure he existed and I'm sure all of the locos were based on real life prototypes, but the TV series models do portray a few differences. And that was what I was trying to point out. Measuring a real one would probably just end up with a lot of people bashing Hornby once again.

• RMweb Premium

They've just announced a range of 57' Collett coaches for 2016  is that it?

Great news . Pricing around £40 each  seems to becoming the norm these days. Look good though , and it shows they are listening . People have been asking for new detailed GWR stock for a while now. Completes their big 4 range.. Nice to see Hornby back on track. And I'm quite liking this new drip feed news approach

Archived