BRM JULY 2015 ISSUE with FREE DVD!

Howard Smith

• Moderators

The July issue of BRM goes on-sale in shops on Thursday June 11 and is available as a Digital Edition NOW! As always, every issue of BRM comes with a FREE DVD!

FREE DVD with every copy!
Included on this month’s free DVD is:
* Loughborough Road – A pre-grouping layout in OO.
* Phil Parker’s guide to working with metal
* A behind the scenes look at High Wycombe and District MRS
* Howard Smith tests out Iwata's flagship airbrush
* An incredible working cyclist in OO

In this month's issue:

Four Great Model Railways
Blackmill: This layout from East Lancs MRS' has pleased many crowds at exhibitions. Looking at it, you can see why.
Hollowbeck Shed: A week of trainspotting on the North Eastern Region inspired David Wellington to re-create the atmosphere of a busy NER steam shed in 1962.
Loughborough Road: This OO gauge layout brings together some of the rivals for railway traffic in the East Midlands prior to grouping 1923.
Brucklay: Set somewhere on the Western Region in the 1960s is a rare venture into EM gauge modelling from a group better known for overseas layouts.

Practical BRM
Make a working cyclist diorama: Phil Parker tests a remarkable working cyclist accessory from the Netherlands that’s perfect for urban and rural layouts alike.

Rail Crane: Phil Parker tests a resin kit of a BR self-propelled crane from ‘Make Your Mark’ Models.
Project Layout: Telford Railway Modellers Group is progressing well with the BRM N gauge project layout, the latest big development is the addition of colour light signalling.
Train Storage: Gilbert Barnatt explains how careful planning and design of storage yards can make a huge difference towards authentic operation of a layout.

Reviews: OO Works’ I3, Heljan’s O gauge AC Cars Railbus and signals from Absolute Aspects, plus 3D printed wagons from Wild Boar Models and more!
Book Reviews: A look at some of the latest books to be released on a whole host of railway subjects.
Tried & Tested: Iwata Custom Micron

Plus…
Prototype Inspiration: Goods traffic
Inside Track - Paul A. Lunn's layout planning workshop
Reader’s Layouts
Tail Lamp

Just a shame that I can't download it. I have a digital subscription which expires Feb 2016. There is however no "read" button to press just a request to buy another one!! NOT FUNNY! Yet again shows you or your digital publisher haven't really got to grips with the digital age. Told the publisher - no response as yet.

Just a shame that I can't download it. I have a digital subscription which expires Feb 2016. There is however no "read" button to press just a request to buy another one!! NOT FUNNY! Yet again shows you or your digital publisher haven't really got to grips with the digital age. Told the publisher - no response as yet.

Now sorted for this month - I have been told that "this issue has been added to my account" - I trust I won't have the same palaver next month!!

In this month's issue:

Telford Railway Modellers Group is progressing well with the BRM N gauge project layout, the latest big development is the addition of colour light signalling.

There doesn't appear to be any update on this on the approprite forum thread. Will it be updated with the info and pics from the mag or perhaps even ones that didnt get published?

G.

Well I have got the July digital issue via pocket mags  but the video section is not working at least on my end .  I am at my club house so will try it at my house later this evening .  It looks a pretty good issue  this month  with the secondhand savers article & the Shunting tractor section as part of the goods yard article .

Has anyone successfully downloaded this issue yet? I have the option to download it but then just get a message saying it has no pages in it?

Yes. I've just this minute finished downloading it. Although I appear to have a few grey pages!....I'll delete and re-download tomorrow morning.

• Moderators

Same here. I only have an option to purchase for 3.99.

Tase/Terry,

Seems that Pocketmags haven't acknowledged your subscription. Tase - if the problem is still there please send me a PM.

Howard

• Moderators

Well I have got the July digital issue via pocket mags  but the video section is not working at least on my end .  I am at my club house so will try it at my house later this evening .  It looks a pretty good issue  this month  with the secondhand savers article & the Shunting tractor section as part of the goods yard article .

Hello dana,

Did you have wifi? Please send me a P.M if the problem persists.

Howard

• Moderators

Has anyone successfully downloaded this issue yet? I have the option to download it but then just get a message saying it has no pages in it?

Hello,

Have you managed to download it yet? please send me a P.M if not.

Howard

Hello dana,

Did you have wifi? Please send me a P.M if the problem persists.

Howard

Yes  Howard i have wi fi .  The link to BRM video works at my house but didnt work at the club house  .  dont know why.  Thanks for looking into  the matter

• Moderators

Yes  Howard i have wi fi .  The link to BRM video works at my house but didnt work at the club house  .  dont know why.  Thanks for looking into  the matter

Dana,

Glad to hear you resolved the problem. The video is streamed so that it keeps the download size to a minimum for each issue and you can watch it in HD. This also means that unless your computer at the club has a good connection (discount 3G here), it might not work.

Those with other issues might not have the latest App version. Can those that still have problems please also check this aspect too please?

Howard

In the UK shops Thursday June 11, so it is impressive that my printed subscription copy arrived in my post box in rural Belgium this morning (also Thursday June 11). Now all you have to do is to get your online subscription renewal system working that efficiently as well!

In the UK shops Thursday June 11, so it is impressive that my printed subscription copy arrived in my post box in rural Belgium this morning (also Thursday June 11). Now all you have to do is to get your online subscription renewal system working that efficiently as well!

I'm jealous.  All that postie delivered today was bills.

Chris

• RMweb Gold

Big let down for me after last month when my sub copy arrived almost 10 days early.  This month still waiting, could have got it quicker by going to my local WH Smiths.

Why is the arrival of the subs copies so erratic?  If Belgium subscribers can receive it by the time the printed version goes on sale why can't we?  In two years of subscribing I have only received my copy early less than half a dozen times.

I always thought that one of the advantages of subscribing was that we got it before it went on sale in the shops!

• RMweb Premium

Almost relieved to read that other subscribers have not received their copies today, this usually happens to me at least once a year and whilst not the worst thing that can happen, does cause a bit of anxiety given other problems experienced with the postal system.

Don't think I've received my copy any time before it appears in Newsagents for the last couple of years though.

• RMweb Premium

Almost relieved to read that other subscribers have not received their copies today, this usually happens to me at least once a year and whilst not the worst thing that can happen, does cause a bit of anxiety given other problems experienced with the postal system.

Don't think I've received my copy any time before it appears in Newsagents for the last couple of years though.

Pleased to say my subs copy arrived this morning. After a brief skim through, Hollowbeck Shed and Loughborough Road look to be very appealing layouts and I look forward to a more thorough read later today.

Let there be rejoicing and flying of flags from public buildings, for there has been deliverance.  Yea verily.

English translation: it came this morning.  Bit late but welcome nonetheless.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Mine downloaded perfectly late evening of the 10th. I had seen it on the Pocketmags site but without a cover picture and was unable to download it earlier that day so presume it was being uploaded on the 10th afternoon.

A good issue without any of the hiccups I had with the June issue. Many thanks

Ian

Archived