BRM JULY 2015 ISSUE with FREE DVD!

Howard Smith

Quick questions regarding Digital Subscriptions;

I've noted a couple of hiccups looks like for digital subscribers;

1) overall can I read the digital version on multiple devices. I like to access via my android phone BUT ALSO on my laptop for larger images. Works fine with another model railway mag, just want to be sure I can do that here too before I subscribe.

2) Do I get to "save" the ones I read for future use or are they cloud based and I lose access if I drop the subscription?

3) Is there any access to any back issues for Digital Subscribers?

Thanks in advance...

• RMweb Gold

...it's a hell of a way from Bury - what you doing up there? :D

Ian

Business and pleasure.... Like the the look of your new project.

Must catch up soon.

Daz

• RMweb Premium

Quick questions regarding Digital Subscriptions;

I've noted a couple of hiccups looks like for digital subscribers;

1) overall can I read the digital version on multiple devices. I like to access via my android phone BUT ALSO on my laptop for larger images. Works fine with another model railway mag, just want to be sure I can do that here too before I subscribe.

2) Do I get to "save" the ones I read for future use or are they cloud based and I lose access if I drop the subscription?

3) Is there any access to any back issues for Digital Subscribers?

Thanks in advance...

As no one else has bothered I'll answer them for you.

1. Yes, I use an ipad and a win8.1 pc, there is a windows8 app for Pocketmags.

2. Yes, you can download and keep the issues you buy. They are stored within the app, you can't archive them onto a CD.

3. Only if you buy them.

• RMweb Gold

I was quite happy with the system while I had my old PC the new one has Windows8 and I have tried reading the latest issue but get to about page 74 an it just doesn't load. Choosing one of the older issues I got to page 100 before I hit trouble.  Once it hits a problems you have to quit and start again. My subscriptions to Railway Modeller and Garden Rail on exact editions work fine.

Don

• Moderators

I was quite happy with the system while I had my old PC the new one has Windows8 and I have tried reading the latest issue but get to about page 74 an it just doesn't load. Choosing one of the older issues I got to page 100 before I hit trouble.  Once it hits a problems you have to quit and start again. My subscriptions to Railway Modeller and Garden Rail on exact editions work fine.

Don

Hello Don - have you raised this issue with Magcloner yet? If you don't hear back, please send me a PM.

Best,

Howard

Another interesting issue, plenty of interesting articles as usual. My copy also arrived after it was in the shops this month - very annoying when your Facebook page has been bombarding me with cover photos for several days!

Since no-one else picked up on it, there is an editing howler in this month's edition in the "Train Storage with Purpose" article. After reading the first column on p81 you then need to turn over to p82 to continue, then back to p81 for the next two columns, then back to p83 to finish off the article. It really confused me reading col 2 of p81 after col 1...

• RMweb Gold

I thought this issue was great - but I'm a sucker when it comes to pre-grouping. Howard, following on from our conversation a while ago - the best video yet, I reckon I'll be watching it again at some point.

Re Phil's metalwork guide on the July DVD and his 12 quid screwed rod drop riveter.

Look on Amazon or in the likes of Machine Mart for a Draper automatic centre punch around a tenner - other makes are available. They are about the size of a fountain pen and as most are adjustable they will make large or small rivets in any sheet thickness with absolute repeatability.

Rob

Archived