Hornby ex LSWR/SR Adams 0415 Radial

steventrain

33 minutes ago, Bulleidboy100 said:

An interesting thread - I gave up on my R3333 Adams Radial. If the pony truck is incorrectly seated, with a very gentle push the loco will go about six feet down the track - with drivers obviously locked. I have yet to find a decoder which fits well, even a TCS DP2X-UK hit the bottom of the coal bunker, and the loco will not run with the body on - runs superbly with it off. I have already rewired the decoder socket - incorrectly wired during manufacture. It is now at the back of the stock cupboard and will probably not see the light of day again. 

I managed to fight fit a rails direct 8 pin plug in. It went in just and it certainly touches the body. Oxford's sound fitted version is a god send!

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 years later...

Having recently acquired a Radial with a few parts missing, I have fixed up and given this a partial “what if” re-livery. As far as I’m aware this number never had sunshine style lettering but as I had the transfers and it was cheap I thought why not.

BC9BB389-3F89-40DE-9EC2-FA7825ECC5A2.jpeg.07c37db91fbf96926168edb5a438239b.jpeg

I’m pleased with how it turned out but I need to sort a decoder, the TCS DP2X-UK seem to be in very short supply and any examples plus postage, risk setting me back more than I paid for the loco!

Are there any other(cheaper) decoders I can direct plug or is it a better option for me to grab the soldering iron and hardwire something in.

OliverSR

• Like 2