Modbury

Ian Smith

• RMweb Gold

Superb Ian. I suspect there was some mild tutting over the clerestory. 

Interesting to follow your build sequence. You have fitted the door handles very early on. I might try that on some 7mm 6 wheelers I have to assemble.

Don

6 hours ago, Donw said:

I suspect there was some mild tutting over the clerestory. 

Or words to that effect! 🤫

Jim 

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Very nicely done Ian. On Pheasants you sometimes see several males all posturing to each other, sometimes a male with a few ladies or a females with some young. 

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)

Or dead in the road - but perhaps not at your period. Poachers worked under cover of darkness but you could have the squire with his gun and dog.

Edited by Compound2632
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Always nice to see your work Ian, the high quality of it gives me something to aim for, so thanks for showing it. Those pheasants are great, the poses are just right. Encounter a lot around Essex/Suffolk at certain times of the years on the quieter byways. The males are really silly birds, running in front of traffic and then dithering about, too taken with chasing the females, so very sadly you often see them as road kill when vehicles won't slow down to avoid hitting them.

Bob

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Always nice to see your work Ian, the high quality of it gives me something to aim for, so thanks for showing it.

Bob, thankyou for such a nice comment, although in reality I think it is me aiming to accomplish what you and others do!!

I think pheasants an pigeons are about the same in the sense stakes, although to give them their due they didn’t evolve to have to avoid anything tearing down at them at 50+ mph!! (although pigeons may have an odd peregrine to worry about).

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Compound2632 said:

but you could have the squire with his gun and dog.

no then you need the character with a coat with poachers pockets

Anyway excellent if unusual modelling Ian

Nick

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ian Smeeton said:

At least your pheasants aren't camouflaged.

DSCF1129.JPG.1e5158c9d3a260096eda1b100045b653.JPG

Like this one.

DSCF1130.JPG.87e770627d809accc421fae34312275b.JPG

Can you see her now?

Regards

Ian

When he worked on the line around Manton Junction in LMS and later BR days, my Grandad Bob's stretch of line adjoined an estate around a big house at Gunthorpe, so they would keep the estate's Gamekeepers informed of any birds, usually Pheasant, nesting by the line.

During the season, for 'services rendered' I believe he would also receive a brace of pheasant now and then.

As for male Pheasants, I did hear the call of a male Pheasant once described as sounding like the Pheasant is constantly 'failing to start up his internal combustion engine' !

Cheers,

John

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...