The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Not living in the British Isles, pictures of your own area.

N15class

Incidentally, Rick mentioned Neighbours. The filming locations are mostly within a few kilometres of my house. Pinoak Court represents Ramsey Street, and Forest Hill Chase (my local shopping centre) and the Nunawading Aquatic Centre have featured prominently at different times. 

Ironically, I don't normally watch Neighbours myself, but have seen quite a few episodes of it when staying at my mother's house in Leeds (West Yorkshire). :D

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Ironically, I don't normally watch Neighbours myself

Neither do I but as I know many people do (and no doubt many more have caught glimpses of the title sequence) it seemed like a good starting point ;)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Incidentally, Rick mentioned Neighbours. The filming locations are mostly within a few kilometres of my house. Pinoak Court represents Ramsey Street, and Forest Hill Chase (my local shopping centre) and the Nunawading Aquatic Centre have featured prominently at different times. 

Ironically, I don't normally watch Neighbours myself,

Funny how 'no one' watches it - yet, its been on for over 30 years. Just saying!

Something set the dogs off early this morning. It was this fine fellow. There seem to be more moose than ever around here. Might be the prolonged dry spell that's bringing them in. 

(Apologies to those who have already seen this one)

post-25691-0-25187700-1442116022_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

Following on from Gwiwer's shots of Canberra, here's one of the foliage along the edge of (part of) Lake Burley Griffin last autumn.

post-17123-0-00661500-1442136361_thumb.jpg

Now I'm back in Western Australia (was contracting in Canberra but that's now finished) I'll see what else I can dig up.

• Like 10