The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

Not living in the British Isles, pictures of your own area.

N15class

When was that picture taken, Andy? Our son and daughter-in-law were in Glacier National Park a couple of weeks ago, and were actually having to wear bandanas across their mouths and noses because of the heavy smoke in the air.

When was that picture taken, Andy? Our son and daughter-in-law were in Glacier National Park a couple of weeks ago, and were actually having to wear bandanas across their mouths and noses because of the heavy smoke in the air.

Some time ago! The shot was actually taken using some sort of photo-sensitive chemical contraption during the last century. I still have the boat, but it doesn't look quite so spiffy now.

If you zoom the license tag enough it might be possible to see the year. Probably 99 or 00.

• Like 1

I was looking for pic I could add. In June I had just bought new Honda HRV/Vezel and driven out to Treasure Island with my son who snapped this.

Actually live about 20 miles east over the Oakland Hills in the Shadow of Mount Diablo (3800+ feet). That was the SF fog coming in to cool the city in the  background.

post-6958-0-40668600-1442263401_thumb.jpg

Edited by autocoach
  • Like 6

I was looking for pic I could add. In June I had just bought new Honda HRV/Vezel and driven out to Treasure Island with my son who snapped this.

Actually live about 20 miles east over the Oakland Hills in the Shadow of Mount Diablo (3800+ feet). That was the SF fog coming in to cool the city in the  background.

When we had a couple of days in SF the bay was permanently in fog. Although the rest of the city was bathed in sunshine.  

• 2 months later...

After seeing some lovely seascapes on Living in GB. I thought I would post one from here, its a couple of hours away as they say here (by plane).

It is Porto de Galinhas near Recife in Pernambuco. Which happens to be the state where they lost one of the Lynton & Barnstable's loco's.

post-13601-0-59264000-1448154407_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

A bit of a look around near me then:

To the east:

east.jpg

PB15 No.448 at Bundamba Racecourse on the Queensland Pioneer Steam Railway.

To the south:

south.jpg

C17 No.974 and Diesel Electric 1620 on the mainline at Booval, both are part of Queensland Railways' heritage fleet.

To the south-west:

south-west.jpg

C17 No.971 at Warwick on the Southern Downs Steam Railway.

To the west:

west.jpg

C17 No.720 battling the grade to Kunkala at the Rosewood Railway Museum.

To the north-west:

north-west.jpg

AC16 No.221A departing the Workshops Railway Museum, where the QR heritage fleet is stored and maintained.

To the north:

north.jpg

Bundaberg Fowler No.5 at the Australian Narrow Gauge Railway Museum Society.

Edited by LisaP4
  • Like 10

You have got me guessing your location now. Booval to the south and Ipswich workshops north west suggests you might possibly be in East Ipswich?

Nice photos anyway.

Thanks, and yes you found me. Though across the street is Booval as I'm right on the border.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Please stop, you are reminding me that I have chosen to live in the wrong part of the world!  :)

So just to introduce a bit of gloomy Scandinavian noir, here are a couple of night shots taken a few days ago:

DSC_1298.jpg

DSC_1310.jpg

• Like 9

Please stop, you are reminding me that I have chosen to live in the wrong part of the world!  :)

So just to introduce a bit of gloomy Scandinavian noir, here are a couple of night shots taken a few days ago:

DSC_1298.jpg

DSC_1310.jpg

Looks good Mikkel.

Scandinavia is high on the list to visit next trip to Europe. We both like the contrast to the heat and the beautiful scenery.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Looks good Mikkel.

Scandinavia is high on the list to visit next trip to Europe. We both like the contrast to the heat and the beautiful scenery.

Just don't come during November. National Geographic once did a feature on Copenhagen, including a big double spread photo of various shades of grey. The caption was: The great gloom of November, or words to that effect!

• 3 weeks later...

A wintry antipodean morning.

post-1819-0-85894000-1449883942_thumb.jpg

I've meant to post this for a while. This is from last winter in the antipodes. (Specifically Australia's Gold Coast in August.)

You can tell it's winter because the surf is so flat.

post-1819-0-88085500-1449884049_thumb.jpg

I've spared you the underexposed sunrise photographs. Later the clouds disappeared and the sky was very blue, but all those pictures have family in them.

I will lay claim to this as "my area", though the place where I presently live is dark, grey and wet, very, very wet.

Edited by Ozexpatriate
  • Like 5

though the place where I presently live is dark, grey and wet, very, very wet.

It's not called the Pacific Northwet for nothing you know, although it is a bit drier here on the other side of the Cascade Curtain.

Fire risk today is "Low".

Funny, AndyID, mine is "hard to get one started outside right now- with or without accelerant"

Although we have "only" had 1/2" of rain today... (well, the meter says 11.83mm for Sooke)

I was up here:

14735020429_c254482828_c.jpg

on Friday, 

This is close to home (but a few years ago- mum, sister and now 10 year old...)

7161237142_1a21ac4bbe.jpg

James

• Like 7

They said we might get half an inch on Tuesday night. We got six.

attachicon.gifDSCN2551.JPG

Lovely picture.

I miss the snow, even though we got a lot where I lived in England. Here it is the start of the rainy season, most depressing, 2 to 4 inches rain a day. But at least it comes late afternoon most days so you know to be in doors.

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifWatersun Beach.jpg

A crowded day on the beach here in Western Australia... (seriously: even I don't get why there never seem to be any people down here)

Strewth!  That's even more crowded than Ninety Mile Beach here ;)

i-KGp5xmR-L.jpg

Taken from Loch Sport looking west.  It's not 90 miles long.  It's just over 100 miles. Most of it looks just like this.

• Like 10

Strewth!  That's even more crowded than Ninety Mile Beach here ;)

i-KGp5xmR-L.jpg

Taken from Loch Sport looking west.  It's not 90 miles long.  It's just over 100 miles. Most of it looks just like this.

That looks remarkably like the nudist beach at Pembrey Sands - but I suppose one beach looks much like another

Edited by shortliner
  • Like 2