RMweb

Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

Just enjoyed a nice stroll down to the station at Pencarne this morning and watched some shunting in the yard ....what a wonderful way to start a Sunday morning ....off to the Masons Arms now for a pint   :locomotive:  :locomotive:

Great pictures and video Andy. Nice start to a Sunday morning. Think the Dapol Western just edges it for me. The face just looks better somehow. 

Off across the road now and see if Gismo's got me one in.  :drink_mini:

Evening Guys, guess I dipped out on that drink! :no:  never mind, maybe next time, :sungum:  there should be another Video up quite soon, not sure what to do yet though, I have the 7F lined up in the Fiddle Yard, but just had some other ideas.

Just over 2 weeks now to the Photo Shoot, then I can concentrate on getting PEN SOLD, and starting the next  / ? project. Plans are afoot, and I have a little idea of what I will be doing, but only a little idea at the moment.

Lets just say, it may involve a Gate :O .some sting :no: and a couple of 6 inch nails :nono: .

It feels like Dr Beeching is encroaching onto Pencarne. I reckon the local residents should start a protest group to save it. I feel a meeting in the snug at the Masons Arms coming.

Yes I felt a sense of rebellion in the area during my visit to the Masons Arm this morning a lot of hushed conversations going on so me thinks something is afoot  :triniti:  :triniti:

• RMweb Premium

It feels like Dr Beeching is encroaching onto Pencarne. I reckon the local residents should start a protest group to save it. I feel a meeting in the snug at the Masons Arms coming.

I can hear an axe being sharpened............................................. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Here we go. We'll club together and buy him this for Christmas then Pencarne should be just fine.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hahhah, I didn't realise it was an actual Film, I'm not into Films, the last ones I went to see was Easy Rider, (just for the Music / Born to be Wild) and Arthur and Arthur 2. Prior to that it was the Beatles, A Hard Days Night I think, I cant even sit down to watch Films on Telly, I get bored after half an hour, even if there supposed to be good.

Any way, ENOUGH of Films and back to Pen, I'm out this morning and so depending on how I feel, I might go into the Shed later and get out the old Cine Camera and see what's coming through. I need to get some Stock together ready for the Photo Shoot on our Clubs Layout, Marston and Coopers Dale, that's being done in the morning of the 13th before Pen in the afternoon.

I did an article on weathering Parcels Stock for Railway Modeller a few years back, and have a nice Rake of Maroon Parcels Vans that need to see the light of day again, so they might come down the line.

post-9335-0-35769300-1474876313_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-56152200-1474876376_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-98127700-1474876429_thumb.jpg

So this morning was a real surprise, a 9F, 92077 on the Through Wolverhampton - Padstow Parcels so running Tender first on the short journey from Pen down to Padstow Harbour.

post-9335-0-38983000-1474897056_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91371000-1474897098_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-09909800-1474897125_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-81135500-1474897154_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-07498300-1474897185_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06156700-1474897223_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-03539800-1474897255_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-60245800-1474897283_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-33164100-1474897318_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90121700-1474897348_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-86934100-1474897378_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-75028700-1474897410_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-85850500-1474897443_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-84597000-1474897501_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26974900-1474897527_thumb.jpg

Probably a bit OVER THE TOP for Pen, hahhah

Great photographs again Andy.

In other news...I tried to book the snug at the Masons Arms for a save Pencarne meeting unfortunately there is a Bridge match taking place whilst the pool team is using the bar. Can't believe the pub is so busy!

• RMweb Premium

In other news...I tried to book the snug at the Masons Arms for a save Pencarne meeting unfortunately there is a Bridge match taking place whilst the pool team is using the bar. Can't believe the pub is so busy!

I understand it is a bit cramped in there, the local RSPCA branch were going to hold their AGM there, a spokesperson said "There was not enough room to swing a cat."

I understand there are rumours that the Upstairs room at the Masons may be the new meeting room for the Pencarne Railway Modellers Club who are collecting donations to buy the Layout for Preservation.

So far they have £3-27p :O so some way to go yet, but the 7 Members did get through £20.00 worth of Ale during the 3 Hour meeting. :no: .

• RMweb Premium

I understand there are rumours that the Upstairs room at the Masons may be the new meeting room for the Pencarne Railway Modellers Club who are collecting donations to buy the Layout for Preservation.

So far they have £3-27p :O so some way to go yet, but the 7 Members did get through £20.00 worth of Ale during the 3 Hour meeting. :no: .

Cor blimey, it seems that some of them if not all had 2 half pints each. The Pencarne club know how to party. :danced: :danced: :whistle: :drink_mini:

The average price of a pint of beer in Cornwall is £3.28.

Just received a letter from the Yorkshire branch of the preservation society. They have heard about the total raised so far and reckon we are only £6.73 away from target.

Just received a letter from the Yorkshire branch of the preservation society. They have heard about the total raised so far and reckon we are only £6.73 away from target.

And then SOME, hhahah.

Had a great running session today with the 9F, so not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow yet, just secured another couple of Blue Locos this evening, that's it now, I don't need anymore. :nono:  Yeah right, :scared: .

I did a stock check today, and listed everything with Loco No, Box No,and which chip etc, just in case I turn me toes up, and so the wife doesn't give em away at FIFTY QUID EACH, it came out at 58 so not as bad as I thought really, about 20 are Sound fitted.

• RMweb Gold

post-17302-0-44807700-1474928583_thumb.jpg

It really is shameful that BR let these engines get into this state - especially since they were relatively new compared to most locomotive stock - they just weren't cared for at all.

And I'm not knocking your weathering Andy, It is representative of the condition a lot of the 9Fs were in, as can be seen from contemporary photos.

Al.

And then SOME, hhahah.

Had a great running session today with the 9F, so not sure what I'll be doing tomorrow yet, just secured another couple of Blue Locos this evening, that's it now, I don't need anymore. :nono:  Yeah right, :scared: .

I did a stock check today, and listed everything with Loco No, Box No,and which chip etc, just in case I turn me toes up, and so the wife doesn't give em away at FIFTY QUID EACH, it came out at 58 so not as bad as I thought really, about 20 are Sound fitted.

I heard it was 158 .....!!!! but like all modellers it does not do to give SWMBO all the facts ......By the way have you removed the fake cheap price labels .....  :jester:  :jester:

attachicon.gifAndy-P-9F-pencarne.jpg

It really is shameful that BR let these engines get into this state - especially since they were relatively new compared to most locomotive stock - they just weren't cared for at all.

And I'm not knocking your weathering Andy, It is representative of the condition a lot of the 9Fs were in, as can be seen from contemporary photos.

Al.

I don't know Andy. No pleasing some folk. My engines are too clean and yours are too dirty. You just can't win. HaHaHaHa!!

• RMweb Gold

Bridge seems a bit unlikely. Cribbage more the thing.

attachicon.gifAndy-P-9F-pencarne.jpg

Al.

Your right Al, they seemed to just let them go.

I did a Railroad 9F a few years ago and again from a picture but it seemed to look far to Brown afterwards.

post-9335-0-78068400-1474989614_thumb.jpg

I heard it was 158 .....!!!! but like all modellers it does not do to give SWMBO all the facts ......By the way have you removed the fake cheap price labels .....  :jester:  :jester:

Shhhhhh She says there only TOYS, so I tells her yeah, and at Toy prices. If I turns me toes up and she sees the list, then at least she CANT KILL ME, hahhaha :no:  :no: :no:  :sungum:  

I don't know Andy. No pleasing some folk. My engines are too clean and yours are too dirty. You just can't win. HaHaHaHa!!

I know, I've started to be more subtle on my later weathering's as I had to many really dirty ones, especially some of the Diesels. The Railfreight 37's 56 and 20's only have a bit of Roof soot, and the underframes dusted, as they would have been fairly new into service in the late 80's

post-9335-0-02568300-1474990016_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16152300-1474990086_thumb.jpg

Archived