Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

Well lets start the new Page with a Video, I did promise something different, well here it is, maybe NOT in keeping with the Story of Pencarne, but I am enjoying running something different now and again, so here it is.

Poor Andy you've been caught out again.

Well don't worry its not just you. Here's two clangers I dropped in that last lot of pictures I posted.

First up here's the loco entering the quarry......

post-18515-0-94571300-1475001651_thumb.jpg

And when it re-emerges its mysteriously turned round just like your 37 :O

post-18515-0-46200900-1475001653_thumb.jpg

Then if you look in this one you'll notice there's been some kind of shunting incident that's taken out the ground signal. :secret:

post-18515-0-37591600-1475001654_thumb.jpg

Happens to the best of us mate :D

We now go back in time to 1977, my first Month of interest in Railways, both real and model, I spent many a happy Lunch Hour at Fratton Station watching Class 33, 47 and 50's coming and going.

Well how odd is that - my first train spotting summer was spent on holiday in Southsea in 1976 (my dad was a former Royal Marine, so it was his old home base) and I sat on the wall on Goldsmith Avenue overlooking the sidings at Fratton watching the same trains as you!  

I also bought a blue Minitrix class 27 from the Fratton Bargain Shop to go with the green one I got for Christmas 1975... and that;s where it all started.  Here I am still enjoying the hobby 41 years later

Great video Andy and you are also a magician!  How did that dirty great diesel loco get magically rotated? :jester: :jester:

Regards,

Brian.

Poor Andy you've been caught out again.

Well don't worry its not just you. Here's two clangers I dropped in that last lot of pictures I posted.

First up here's the loco entering the quarry......

attachicon.gif20160925_150812.jpg

And when it re-emerges its mysteriously turned round just like your 37 :O

attachicon.gif20160925_151503.jpg

Then if you look in this one you'll notice there's been some kind of shunting incident that's taken out the ground signal. :secret:

attachicon.gif20160925_152236.jpg

Happens to the best of us mate :D

O.K. Guys, yes, they need HAND turning as there's only couplings on one end.

It has to be done on most, although I do have some with couplings at both ends.

Well how odd is that - my first train spotting summer was spent on holiday in Southsea in 1976 (my dad was a former Royal Marine, so it was his old home base) and I sat on the wall on Goldsmith Avenue overlooking the sidings at Fratton watching the same trains as you!  

I also bought a blue Minitrix class 27 from the Fratton Bargain Shop to go with the green one I got for Christmas 1975... and that;s where it all started.  Here I am still enjoying the hobby 41 years later

WOW, yes a very small world, I used Fratton Bargain Shop quite a bit in those days, I used to park on the Road going down to the Station and watch them going through and back onto the Wash and depot.

And YES I'm still enjoying the Hobby as well after all these years.

WOW, yes a very small world, I used Fratton Bargain Shop quite a bit in those days, I used to park on the Road going down to the Station and watch them going through and back onto the Wash and depot.

And YES I'm still enjoying the Hobby as well after all these years.

Fratton bargain shop, blimey that takes me back it was a cracking little shop with 100s of locos in rows all around the walls, dad bought me my first TT railway set-up what l lovely gauge that was...

Well lets start the new Page with a Video, I did promise something different, well here it is, maybe NOT in keeping with the Story of Pencarne, but I am enjoying running something different now and again, so here it is.

Brilliant work Mr Peters!

I am nearly tempted to change to 'dirty diesels' -but not quite.

Regards, Andy R

• RMweb Premium

Must admit l love the railfreight red stripe livery suits every loco its been applied to, great video buddy...

Hi George

I totally disagree, there was only one livery that suited every diesel locomotive, banger blue. It was so boring just like my life, so if I have to suffer so can the rest of you.  :rtfm:  :rtfm:  :rtfm: 

Brilliant work Mr Peters!

I am nearly tempted to change to 'dirty diesels' -but not quite.

Regards, Andy R

Cheers Andy, you have to go with your Heart, my problem is that my Heart keeps going in different directions.

Must admit l love the railfreight red stripe livery suits every loco its been applied to, great video buddy...

Yes the first clean and bright livery to go onto the Old Blue Boxes, and what a change it was back then.

Hi George

I totally disagree, there was only one livery that suited every diesel locomotive, banger blue. It was so boring just like my life, so if I have to suffer so can the rest of you.  :rtfm:  :rtfm:  :rtfm:

I thought you'd be GREEN with envy mate, with those Eastern Region Deltic type things, George and I saw one at the Loughborough Diesel Gala the other week, it sounded good but I don't like the look of them that much, but I did take a photo of it.

EEEEEeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

post-9335-0-47900900-1475256753_thumb.jpg

I thought you'd be GREEN with envy mate, with those Eastern Region Deltic type things, George and I saw one at the Loughborough Diesel Gala the other week, it sounded good but I don't like the look of them that much, but I did take a photo of it.

EEEEEeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

attachicon.gifGCR Diesel Gala 2016 Sep 11th 019.JPG

looks isn`t everything ;) its whats inside that counts.

Excellent viewing Andy do enjoy you video entertainment gives me inspiration  :sungum:

Thanks Martin, that one took ages to do, about an Hour to Video, and over 5 Hours to load on to You Tube as it kept freezing, I think that was due to a slow line speed as it was evening, I started at 16.00 hrs and the USA was up and about, mornings always seem to be a bit quicker.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Martin, that one took ages to do, about an Hour to Video, and over 5 Hours to load on to You Tube as it kept freezing, I think that was due to a slow line speed as it was evening, I started at 16.00 hrs and the USA was up and about, mornings always seem to be a bit quicker.

I agree, the internet speed in our area, especially in the evening and night, is astounding poor so even an update left on overnight has not completed by morning.

Archived