Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Following the mix up of ya type 2s and 3s can I make a suggestion.  :scratchhead:  Next time you visit a persevered railway or look at a secondhand bookstall at an exhibition have a look to see if they have a pre 1975 Ian Allan combine. Then ask Uncle George if he will let you buy it.  ;) There is a wealth of information within the pages of these wonderful books.  :rtfm: You can also guess where the person who owned it when new lived by the locos he has underlined.  :)

Hi Andy

Following the mix up of ya type 2s and 3s can I make a suggestion.  :scratchhead:  Next time you visit a persevered railway or look at a secondhand bookstall at an exhibition have a look to see if they have a pre 1975 Ian Allan combine. Then ask Uncle George if he will let you buy it.  ;) There is a wealth of information within the pages of these wonderful books.  :rtfm: You can also guess where the person who owned it when new lived by the locos he has underlined.  :)

Thanks Clive, that's a cracking idea mate, I'll see if The Pecarne Preservation Society has enough funds in the coffers to buy it for me as well.

• RMweb Premium

One thing always stands out with Andy's pictures of this layout. He always goes to the trouble of changing the vehicles waiting at the crossing. That just shows his attention to detail.

Brilliant.

(All that's left is to move the signalman around as well :jester:)

One thing always stands out with Andy's pictures of this layout. He always goes to the trouble of changing the vehicles waiting at the crossing. That just shows his attention to detail.

Brilliant.

My vehicles are frozen in time.  Not that I could move them, but I have them in what I consider the best location for each one.  Besides it would render the local spider population homeless!   {No spiders were harmed on this layout}

Brian.

Brilliant.

Thanks for noticing Ray, that to me is all part of a Photo Shoot. And as for the Signalman, he say he wont move his arm unless he's paid Time and a Half, haha

My vehicles are frozen in time.  Not that I could move them, but I have them in what I consider the best location for each one.  Besides it would render the local spider population homeless!   {No spiders were harmed on this layout}

Brian.

Some Vehicles have special places, like the Bronze Humber, it normally sits in the Drive of the Vicarage, and the RAC Bike seems to stay at the Masons Arms, likewise the Gate Keepers Yellow Ford Anglia is on the Grass verge next to the Level Crossing.

• RMweb Premium

Without wishing to divert attention in any way from the quality of Pencarne here's what the class 33 locos can look like with the simple removal of those dreaded white lines around the headcodes.  And a little powder weathering.

i-kxgxmdc-M.jpg

i-GMffLSM-M.jpg

Without wishing to divert attention in any way from the quality of Pencarne here's what the class 33 locos can look like with the simple removal of those dreaded white lines around the headcodes.  And a little powder weathering.

i-kxgxmdc-M.jpg

i-GMffLSM-M.jpg

I agree Rick, so much better, mine will be done very soon, Neither will be used in the Pen Photo Shoot on Thursday so there's no great hurry.

• RMweb Premium

Brilliant.

Hi Ray

I am sure Andy spends half the day pushing his cars around, going brum brum as he does so. :senile:  I do hope someone makes sound chips for all his Oxford cars soon. :O

• RMweb Premium

I see in some of the recent photos that one of the caravans is on the move.  I guess the caravan owner has no faith in the Pencarne Preservation Society being up to the task.  Pity.

I see in some of the recent photos that one of the caravans is on the move.  I guess the caravan owner has no faith in the Pencarne Preservation Society being up to the task.  Pity.

If you remember, the Caravan site was hotly disputed earlier tis year when the Pencarne Horticultural Society wanted it for Allotments, so now the Caravan Club make full use of it whenever they can.

If it is Caravan Club then all those caravaners are in breach of the "maximum stay 21 nights" rule :)

(rubbish emoticon on the tablet) well it was until posted!

Yes David, but I stay in one of the Caravans, so when there not there, neither am I to photograph the site without them, hahaha :no: (well that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it) :sungum:

• RMweb Premium

If you remember, the Caravan site was hotly disputed earlier tis year when the Pencarne Horticultural Society wanted it for Allotments, so now the Caravan Club make full use of it whenever they can.

Hi Mr P

I do hope the parish council for Pencarne, at their monthly meeting in the Mason's Arms, read this important document before the Travellers moved in.

Thanks Clive, that's a cracking idea mate, I'll see if The Pecarne Preservation Society has enough funds in the coffers to buy it for me as well.

The PPS would not be interested in such a publication since their aim is to utilise proper motive power on their trains. Anything that dies not have coal and water is firmly outlawed!

Hi Mr P

I do hope the parish council for Pencarne, at their monthly meeting in the Mason's Arms, read this important document before the Travellers moved in.

No Travellers around here matey, were all far to select to allow that sort on our Land, we have lookouts at strategic points along the Road and have the Inland Revenue standing by as well. hahhaha. :nono:  :scared:   

The PPS would not be interested in such a publication since their aim is to utilise proper motive power on their trains. Anything that dies not have coal and water is firmly outlawed!

Dinosaurs were extinct many years ago mate.

Hope all goes well tomorrow mate. I'm sure it will.

Cheers Ray, in the morning Steve is doing our Clubs Layout, Coopers Dale and Marston, for which I'm supplying all the Stock. It will be run as BR 1960 ish so a lot Black5's, Jubilee's and BR Standards etc.

I hope the PPS don't have any protests planned for tomorrow!

Hi Tony, They'll be LOCKED IN the Mason Arms with FREE ALE, so we shouldn't see much of them all day.

BTW the cost will come out of he Preservation Fund coffers.

Archived