Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

Thanks George.

Today I have some small jobs planned for here, and also I want to get most of the Dairy done on the  Porth Merryn Layout. Although splitting work between the two Layouts means that progress on each is slow, it does break up the monotony of working on just one project and getting bored and stale.

I will pop up some fresh photos of progress later.

Here's some pics from a couple of Days ago when I managed to run down to Pen with my mate in time to catch the 700 on the through Padstow - Newquay Pick up Goods working. There was nothing to collect or drop off at Pen on this occasion unfortunately, just the Brake van to swap ends.

post-9335-0-13616200-1461914569_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88650800-1461914645_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87630500-1461914740_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-17624600-1461914784_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90565800-1461915006_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-05346400-1461915077_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-25065100-1461915126_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43681200-1461915188_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-54294200-1461915245_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-04696500-1461915326_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-02891100-1461915373_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

I really like your "storyboard" postings, and always look forward to more when I open up your thread. I'm almost disappointed when it's just a modelling update instead of another working ;). I'm looking forward to the day that I can do the same on NE! Hopefully some time before I retire!

I have a question on operation on the last one though... are you allowed to have an oil tank right next to the loco? Did the requirement for a barrier wagon depend on the type of oil carried. Only asking because it would add yet another little intricacy to your movements, adding in a barrier wagon, which may add a bit of interest :)

Kind regards, Neil

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

I really like your "storyboard" postings, and always look forward to more when I open up your thread. I'm almost disappointed when it's just a modelling update instead of another working ;). I'm looking forward to the day that I can do the same on NE! Hopefully some time before I retire!

I have a question on operation on the last one though... are you allowed to have an oil tank right next to the loco? Did the requirement for a barrier wagon depend on the type of oil carried. Only asking because it would add yet another little intricacy to your movements, adding in a barrier wagon, which may add a bit of interest :)

Kind regards, Neil

Looks to me like a Class B (coloured black) tank car so quite permissible as the flashpoint would be quite high.

Andy,

Kind regards, Neil

Looks to me like a Class B (coloured black) tank car so quite permissible as the flashpoint would be quite high.

Thanks Neil, and also to Mike for answering the Question, I wouldn't have known, but I do now.

Cheers Guys for your Post's.

Andy,

Kind regards, Neil

Neil, Sorry to disappoint mate but HERE'S A MODELLING UPDATE, :O  Farmer Teague has been out with his Son Teague the Younger and fenced off the Horse Field, Younger has now gone back up to check on the Horse's ready for the Agricultural Show tomorrow.

There's still some wet PVA on the Gate post, SORRY about that.

post-9335-0-01844700-1461924358_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-38715700-1461924416_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-42391300-1461924432_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-25054400-1461924450_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26620200-1461924465_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-36230100-1461924484_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16835500-1461924505_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-13638500-1461924525_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Farmer Teague is clearly a wealthy farmer driving round in a new Landy - back in the day it was only the posh farmers who could afford things like that.  The tenant farmers and those in a smaller way of business (e.g my grandparents;  and me helping to get the cows in, or out) walked, as we did when we went hedging.  Otherwise it was out with the old Fordson Major and a trailer.

Farmer Teague is clearly a wealthy farmer driving round in a new Landy - back in the day it was only the posh farmers who could afford things like that.  The tenant farmers and those in a smaller way of business (e.g my grandparents;  and me helping to get the cows in, or out) walked, as we did when we went hedging.  Otherwise it was out with the old Fordson Major and a trailer.

Your right Mike, Farmer Teague's Farther, (Teague the Much Elder) is the Local Squire, and owns much of the Land around Pencarne. Also Farmer Teague has two Older Brothers, (Teague the Older and Teague the Other) and a Sister, called Mia, but is Teague the no longer, since getting Married to Mike Act, (known locally as My CAT,so she is now Sister Meercat). Teague the Other and Teague the Brother also Breed Race Horses but Squire Teague, (Teague the Much Older) has a Black Pig called Pudding, so every day he has to see to his Black Pudding before Breakfast. 

Hope that explains things a bit.                    CONFUSED................so am I. :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

• RMweb Gold

Your right Mike, Farmer Teague's Farther, (Teague the Much Elder) is the Local Squire, and owns much of the Land around Pencarne. Also Farmer Teague has two Older Brothers, (Teague the Older and Teague the Other) and a Sister, called Mia, but is Teague the no longer, since getting Married to Mike Act, (known locally as My CAT,so she is now Sister Meercat). Teague the Other and Teague the Brother also Breed Race Horses but Squire Teague, (Teague the Much Older) has a Black Pig called Pudding, so every days he has to see to his Black Pudding before Breakfast. 

Hope that explains things a bit.                    CONFUSED................so am I. :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  :no:  

Some people might regard such an explanation as load of old whatsits - however I am not in that category and can readily understand that some family history might be a little on the confusing side  (for instance among past members of our family are various gentlemen of the cloth - including two archbishops, possibly a Pope,  and a West Indies based slave owner; but we were on the winning side at the Battle of Hastings.  if I were to add in Mrs Stationmaster's family past it includes one who was transported for committing an act of arson while another spent some time in Bodmin Gaol on the wrong side of the bars).

Some people might regard such an explanation as load of old whatsits - however I am not in that category and can readily understand that some family history might be a little on the confusing side  (for instance among past members of our family are various gentlemen of the cloth - including two archbishops, possibly a Pope,  and a West Indies based slave owner; but we were on the winning side at the Battle of Hastings.  if I were to add in Mrs Stationmaster's family past it includes one who was transported for committing an act of arson while another spent some time in Bodmin Gaol on the wrong side of the bars).

It certainly seems that folk from the West Country had a fairly checker past, we have an Ancestor that was deported from Bodmin Goal to Australia, and is mentioned in Ned Kellys book and another that was Lord Mayor of Taunton but was apparently de robed but I cant find the history of that. 

Dads Uncle was the Landord at Jamaca Inn where Mum and Dad spent their Honymoon

• RMweb Premium

Enough of your ramblings and the history lesson. I have noticed that you have some nicely weathered rolling stock, which is to be praised but what about all your cars and lorries, they have a show-room finish. There must be one driver in Pencare who thinks like me and washing a car so it can get dirty again is a waste of time. :dontknow: :no2: :dontknow: :no2: :dontknow: :no2:

Enough of your ramblings and the history lesson. I have noticed that you have some nicely weathered rolling stock, which is to be praised but what about all your cars and lorries, they have a show-room finish. There must be one driver in Pencare who thinks like me and washing a car so it can get dirty again is a waste of time. :dontknow: :no2: :dontknow: :no2: :dontknow: :no2:

You will find that about 10 Cars have been weathered, plus most Lorries, some more than others, but more will be done soon.

post-9335-0-01914900-1461938605_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-16215600-1461938758_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06656500-1461938782_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-25541600-1461938959_thumb.jpg

I did a little weathering this morning for a chap, a very nice Bulleid and a Jubilee. Unfortunately I have NO before pics to show the difference.

attachicon.gifBulleid and Jubilee 001.JPG

attachicon.gifBulleid and Jubilee 003.JPG

attachicon.gifBulleid and Jubilee 010.JPG

attachicon.gifBulleid and Jubilee 002.JPG

attachicon.gifBulleid and Jubilee 011.JPG

attachicon.gifBulleid and Jubilee 012.JPG

attachicon.gifBulleid and Jubilee 015.JPG

attachicon.gifBulleid and Jubilee 016.JPG

Oi! I thought I said NO red Fordson tractors  :nono:

I've also planted the Telegraph Poles that I've been promising to do for the last couple of weeks.

post-9335-0-00081500-1461945216_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-35860800-1461945239_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-88232800-1461945256_thumb.jpg

Think I might be able to get down to Pen with my Camera and my mate later to catch a few Trains coming through. :locomotive:  :locomotive: :locomotive:  

Archived