Pencarne, = BLT from page 54

Andrew P

Following on from the Pics of the Cottage yesterday, I thought I'd better have something different for today's Pics from the Past, so I've gone for a selection of pics of the Maroon Western on the Padstownian Service.

post-9335-0-04956300-1486235850_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-71109200-1486235922_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-43541800-1486235974_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-51125400-1486235996_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46864500-1486236037_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69350400-1486236102_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-73647400-1486236134_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-62787200-1486236170_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 8

Following on from the Pics of the Cottage yesterday, I thought I'd better have something different for today's Pics from the Past, so I've gone for a selection of pics of the Maroon Western on the Padstownian Service.

attachicon.gifMaroon Western 002.JPG

attachicon.gifMaroon Western 005.JPG

attachicon.gifMaroon Western 018.JPG

attachicon.gifMaroon Western 020.JPG

attachicon.gifMaroon Western 039.JPG

attachicon.gifMaroon Western 043.JPG

attachicon.gifMaroon Western 047.JPG

attachicon.gifMaroon Western 052.JPG

I remember that sequence of pictures. I believe the, now defunct, Pencarne preservation group added a set of nameplates to the loco before it left Pencarne!

Morning all, and thanks for all the Likes etc.

Todays Pic from the Past is actually a Video again, this time with the Class 50,  50035 Ark Royal in action.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 5

Not usually a Welsh pastime, must be these Westerly types idea of fun!!!

Jinty ;)

PS: You do sail close to the wind with your comments sometimes Andrew ;)

Hahaha, I've always got away with it so far, No Welsh jokes from me David, or I won't be aloud back in, hahaha.

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

Enjoying these series of photos but get the impression you are sorry you disposed of Pencarne :yes: :yes:

Dave

The dilemma for an Andy P is always the same - the joy of building is infinite, but the space to retain the completed layout most certainly isn't. And of course some layouts turn out better than others. Pencarne seems to have been a highlight in Andy's impressive history.

Andy,

Enjoying these series of photos but get the impression you are sorry you disposed of Pencarne :yes: :yes:

Dave

The dilemma for an Andy P is always the same - the joy of building is infinite, but the space to retain the completed layout most certainly isn't. And of course some layouts turn out better than others. Pencarne seems to have been a highlight in Andy's impressive history.

Thanks Dave and Ian, Yes Dave I am sorry it's gone for many reasons, and yes Ian for me it was the most prototypical Layout I've ever built, and that's mainly due to it's Scenery / Greenery and Completeness as a Model, not just of Railway Tracks and Sidings etc.

I did enjoy making it into a Railway within the Landscape and that was a first for me, and something I really want to achieve again some how.

There will be a few more pics from my collection over the next couple of Days, but the more I look at old pics, the more I think I should have built a SECOND SHED to put it in, haha.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Historically in correct, from my own trainspotting observations, red Warships only hauled green SR coaches and green Warships only hauled maroon coaches. :locomotive: :locomotive:

Well that is how they appeared to a young Clive

• Like 1

Historically in correct, from my own trainspotting observations, red Warships only hauled green SR coaches and green Warships only hauled maroon coaches. :locomotive: :locomotive:

Well that is how they appeared to a young Clive

WHOOPS  :stinker: Good job the Layouts gone then, :boast: hahhaha

I will get things right one day Clive. :no:  :no: :no:  

Maybe not in this lifetime though, hahah :O .

At least the Grass was the right colour :stinker:

• 3 weeks later...

I just want to say big THANKS to everyone who vote for Pencarne in the British Model Railway Awards, I was honoured to be nominated and delighted to have had so many votes from Loyal Followers.

Thank you all.

Congratulations to Liverpool Lime Street, a very deserving winner.

• Like 7

• RMweb Premium

I just want to say big THANKS to everyone who vote for Pencarne in the British Model Railway Awards, I was honoured to be nominated and delighted to have had so many votes from Loyal Followers.

Thank you all.

Congratulations to Liverpool Lime Street, a very deserving winner.

Hi Andy

A BIG WELL DONE

• Thanks 1