DEMU SHOWCASE 2016 June 4th/5th Burton on Trent Town Hall

Nobby (John)

A big thank you to all the exibitors and traders who attended Showcase this year, a few things to learn for next year, the figures are roughly the same as last year despite Sunday seeming quiet which obviously was not helped by the closure of the Burton line for engineering works.

Also a big thanks to those who assisted in setting up, breaking down.

Nice to see some good feedback on here and other forums, although I can only apologize if there was , too much N gauge, too much OO gauge, not enough P4, EM, Q7, Z4 or whatever.

I can only book what's available at the time and who wants to come with reasonable expenses.

Lastly a big thanks to all the members of DEMU and the general public who attended the show this year.

Only 52 weeks to go until the next.................................................................

Hello

I would like to add my thanks to those of John to all who visited, exhibited, stewarded and in every possible way made this show so successful. As John said, only 52 weeks to go till the next event. One final thing to say to the people who thanked me personally, I had very little to do with the organising or running of Show-case, that was down to others.

Cheers

George  

• RMweb Gold

If I might add my thoughts. I thought the mix of layouts was fair. It would have been nice to see a layout or two representing the finer gauges but I enjoyed all the layouts on view. Even the N gauge exhibits were impressive and they don't normally hold my attention.

A thoroughly enjoyable show. Well done to all involved.

Griff

My first visit to DEMu for a while. A good show if a little warm. Very much liked Cement Quay (though the granite stone in a limestone quarry looked a bit odd) and kinlochewe with its 37s was superb, brought back happy memories. Netherwood Sidings was good but seemed a bit plagued with DCC gremlins but I went back enough times to see it in action. Scorbiton is always good to watch, great buildings and lots of movements. Heworth Sidings was also very enjoyable.

well done to all involved

It would have been nice to see a layout or two representing the finer gauges but I enjoyed all the layouts on view. 

A thoroughly enjoyable show. Well done to all involved.

Griff

Kirkmellington (nice buildings) was EM gauge.....

Archived