DEMU SHOWCASE 2016 June 4th/5th Burton on Trent Town Hall

Nobby (John)

• 7 months later...

The final line-up for DEMU Showcase 2016 at Burton on Trent Town Hall on the weekend of June 4th/5th is as follows:

Layouts

• Netherwood Sidings         ( O )
  • Kirkmellinington                ( EM )
  • Abbotswood Junction       ( OO )
  • Scorbiton                          ( OO )
  • Down Sidings                   ( OO )
  • Lydd on Sea                     ( OO )
  • Kinlochewe                       ( OO )
  • Cement Quay                   ( OO )
  • Deansmoor                       ( N )
  • St Denys                           ( N )
  • Heworth Sidings               ( N )
  • Barnstoneworth                ( N )
  • Caverswall Junction         ( N )

Traders

1. A1 Models
  2. Absolute Aspects
  3. ABC Workshops
  4. BH Enterprises
  5. Booklaw
  6. C Rail
  7. C & L Finescale
  8. DCC Supplies
  9. DC Kits
  10. Howard Loftus Books
  11. Kernow Model Railway Centre
  12. TTC Die cast
  13. N Brass
  14. N Train/Electra railway Graphics
  15. Railtec Transfers
  16. Railroom Electronics
  17. R3Sprays
  18. Realtrack Models
  19. Replica Railways
  20. Shawplan
  21. S Kits
  22. Tim Horn Laser Products

Also demonstrations about track, DCC, N & O gauge, Electric cutters, Stock Conversions, 3D Designs, Vehicles and iconic trains.

There will also be stands from:

Bachmann

Scalefour Society

EMGS

Second hand Stall and of course DEMU.

And finally as it will be the 30th Anniversary, there will be a display of NSE trains ( Network South East ) by Simon Bendall.

Further information to be announced in the coming weeks.

• 2 months later...

What's the Parking like at Burton Town Hall? I unfortunately missed last years show and seem to remember it being mentioned that the Hall's Pay and Display Car Park was no longer open.

Of course I could be mistaken  :unsure:

• RMweb Premium

What's the Parking like at Burton Town Hall? I unfortunately missed last years show and seem to remember it being mentioned that the Hall's Pay and Display Car Park was no longer open.

Of course I could be mistaken  :unsure:

There is now a building on most of the car park.....

There is quite a lot of free on-street parking within a few hundred yards.

Cheers,

Mick

For RMWebbers who are also DEMU members (or who would like to become a member), Kit Spackman will be giving a talk just after our AGM on the Saturday evening of Showcase this year. More details in the flyer below.

Guy

post-7525-0-37147300-1463136850_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Gold

Or the Travelodge in the centre of the town is the nearest to the station and the show!

Cheers, Mike

If travelling by train that one selects itself.Though remember to feed the meter if you bring your vehicle...as must everyone using that car park.The station car park has two different "owners" by the way.The official rail car park is £4 a go .The other spaces adjacent to the Travelodge are £3.Be sure you feed the right meter for the space you occupy. Only in the UK could we come up with a system like this .

Other accomodation requires the use of own transport to reach the Town Hall.There are two Premier Inns,a Holiday Express ,an Intercontinental and a Mercure (Newton Solney)

St.George's Park Hilton will take you to the England team HQ.....a short car trip but easy for the Town Hall

Your Froth City correspondent further recommends for dining on Saturday night/ Sunday lunch.....

The Dial on Station Street.

The Crossing on High Street (used to be The Blue Posts). Where the Brewery lines crossed years back.

Both tried and tested.Good food,good service and ......where else would it not be....good beer. Do not forget The Bridge Brewery to take home a carry keg and enjoy a pint.

I'm not a member of DEMU so I'm not sure of your policies but I would more likely attend the show if there was more overseas content.

I accept I'm very much in the minority but surely its an opportunity to show alternative modern traction.

Just a thought.

• RMweb Gold

I'm not a member of DEMU so I'm not sure of your policies but I would more likely attend the show if there was more overseas content.

I accept I'm very much in the minority but surely its an opportunity to show alternative modern traction.

Just a thought.

Hi Ross

DEMU is an association set up specifically for modelling diesels and electrics in the UK so I'm afraid that overseas is well outside the remit! There are some excellent overseas focussed shows.

Cheers, Mike

• RMweb Premium

Hi Ross

DEMU is an association set up specifically for modelling diesels and electrics in the UK so I'm afraid that overseas is well outside the remit! There are some excellent overseas focussed shows.

Cheers, Mike

Although the show is principally aimed at diesel and electric modellers in the UK, that doesn't mean you can't come along and have a look. Plenty of excellent modelling on show.

My demonstration stand will mostly be about yellow test trains, but the techniques I'm using are not exclusive to them and are equally applicable for any era, area, scale or gauge.

Cheers,

Mick

I'm not a member of DEMU so I'm not sure of your policies but I would more likely attend the show if there was more overseas content.I accept I'm very much in the minority but surely its an opportunity to show alternative modern traction.Just a thought.

I agree, as long as the layout is of the Wuppertal Danglebahn. Everyone likes a bit of the Wuppertal Danglebahn.

I'm sure I saw a Steam loco there on a layout once....

Archived