DEMU SHOWCASE 2016 June 4th/5th Burton on Trent Town Hall

Nobby (John)

All ready to go up here in Scotland. Cement Quay and Kinlochewe have had final check overs and we will be departing in various modes of transport early doors on Friday , (I will wave at the van drivers from a 1st class HST seat if we see them!). See you all down there and come and say hello.....if we are not on the layout try The Burton Bridge pub? 

With Mr Kit Spackman giving a talk might I suggest a decent video camera be set up to record the event? History and all that.

Paul Leadley did that when I gave the talk at Shildon once.

I think the vid is on the APT-E web site, but I'm not 100% sure.

Looking forward to the trip down on Friday for what is always a cracking weekend where I hope to see and catch up with many of you. Kits talk will be interesting after the AGM for DEMU members and you can always join at the show if you want to come along.

Thanks

Mark

• RMweb Gold

We'll be packing up Abbotswood Friday morning - if set up isn't till 4.30 no need to rush as long as we get past Brum before 3...

Looking forwards to what should be a cracking weekend....

Phil

• RMweb Premium

We'll be packing up Abbotswood Friday morning - if set up isn't till 4.30 no need to rush as long as we get past Brum before 3...

Looking forwards to what should be a cracking weekend....

Phil

Looking forward to seeing Abbotswood.

Most of my demo stand stuff is ready - just need to sort out tools and a few part-complete models to carry out a bit of work on (yeah right.........)

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Cheers Mick

Come and say hello!

Layout performed excellently at recent Stow show and have managed to sort one of the red carded locos - D50 - unfortunately D843 has a duff chip but plenty of other power variety on show

Phil

Just a heads-up for those of you who have been / are making a shopping list: please let us know beforehand (as some of you kindly already have) in order to guarantee we bring and set aside what you need. We try to predict demand to ensure we bring enough of everything, but some people do bulk-buy and can clear us out of specific line items by 10am on the first day. With such an aggressive rate of new releases, the catalog now has around 1500 products so you might appreciate that it's difficult to gauge how many of what might be popular.

We'll be bringing all the stock including the usual Colas, West Coast, DRS, ScotRail Saltire, EWS, DB Schenker, Network Rail, Europhoenix, Belmond Royal Scotsman plus a couple more recent surprises which haven't even made it to the web site yet. And then extra packs of Network Rail for Mick.

We'll be right in the middle of the main hall so easy to find. In case you miss the sign, just look for the queue waiting to speak to a thirsty 6'3 northerner.

I will be displaying most of my NSE stock on stands 46 & 47 to celibrate 30 years since NSE was launched. Some of these 20 units have not been out of my display cabinets at home for in some cases 15 years or more. Some of these have been refreshed and had working gangways and bar couplings added.

See you there.

Cheers.

I will be displaying most of my NSE stock on stands 46 & 47 to celibrate 30 years since NSE was launched. Some of these 20 units have not been out of my display cabinets at home for in some cases 15 years or more. Some of these have been refreshed and had working gangways and bar couplings added.

See you there.

Cheers.

Will be good to see your NSE items again, some cracking models from the last time I saw them. Should be a good show :)

• RMweb Premium

Regardless of scale/gauge,

It's all good modelling...

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Gold

Well I'm currently sat in maccy d's in derby ready to head over to burton for the morning, got a few hours til the doors open so I'm hoping to get a bit of shut eye beforehand as I've been working all night

So if your there and you see a fat grubby looking bloke in a colas uniform that will be me so say hi

Archived