Bachmann Collectors Club day announcements (5th September)

Paul.Uni

According to the latest BCC email:

we will be announcing two exciting new products for the Bachmann Branchline range. We will also be unveiling the new club release at this event

It is being held at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway.

Stock list off the GWSR lists the following as been there:-

GWR 28XX 2807 (Hornby)

GWR 28XX 2874 (Hornby)

GWR 42XX 4270 (Hornby)

GWR 4575 5542 (Bachmann)

GWR 49XX 7903 (Bachmann)

GWR 78XX 7820

Southern MN 35006 (Hornby)

LMS 4F 44027 (Bachmann)

BR Std 4 2-6-0 76077 (Bachmann)

03 D2182 (Bachmann)

03 D2069 (Bachmann)

20 D8137 (Bachmann)

24081 (Bachmann)

26 D5343 (Heljan)

37215 (Bachmann)

37248 (Bachmann)

45149 (Bachmann)

47105 (Bachmann)

47376 (Bachmann)

LMS Shunter 7069

73 E6036 (Dapol)

117 DMU (Kernow)

122 DMU (Dapol)

As above all bar the 78XX and the LMS shunter are newish models so assumunig its something to run on the rails its one of these 2. My money is on the Manor at last.

• RMweb Premium

Last year I went to their BCC event on the Worth Valley and they announced the forthcoming Webb Tank on Ingrow West's platform as it arrived with the specially chartered special. 

Once we boarded the train, there were leaflets placed on each seat promoting the new release.

I'm unable to attend this year's event at the GWSR but won't be surprised if they did a similar act this time round.

Last year, someone had been trying to drum up support for a specially commissioned Webb Coal Tank and Bachmann produced one. If the same were to happen, this year an F5? Perhaps not, unless a member of the Holden F5 Locomotive Trust pulls the members' train with an F5 chimney on his head.

• RMweb Gold

Find it hard its in bits

And if they wanted to announce a "corrected, corrected" Modified Hall why not save themselves all that distance from Barwell to the GWSR and do it at the Great Central down the road where 6990 Witherslack Hall is now back together again and expected in service shortly. .

• RMweb Gold

Thinking about stock on site perhaps a revisit of the class 24 to go with the head code box version announced or maybe another look at a flush nosed peak (although I believe 45 149 no longer sports these)

The GWR have an ED too

...and a 117

I think the fact that the GWSR have both an adjoining narrow gauge set-up at Toddington and an operable Manor is probably not a coincidence! 

And besides, Bachmann need a retooled Manor in their range, given that Hornby have captured all the other named GWR 4-6-0's bar the Saint (although the Hawksworth County could do with a re-tool).

Part of me hopes that they use this beastie as the venue in which to launch a retooled range of GWR Collett coaching stock, but given Hornby's recently announced bow-enders, I just can't see it unfortunately! 

CoY

Guest spet0114

I think the fact that the GWSR have both an adjoining narrow gauge set-up at Toddington and an operable Manor is probably not a coincidence! 

A narrow-gauge Manor?  We already have one of those......

Archived