7mm Lynton & Barnstaple Railway Project; Currently Paused

Indomitable026

Most probably the rear doors were there to allow the S&T access to maintain the interlocking, connections etc.

Hmmm,

There's a thing, in a conventional Signal Box you have the space underneath for the interlocking. No so here.

Where would the interlocking be? Behind the frame?

Boom!

My switch and crossing filing jig works for this code 82 rail..

post-8734-0-87898100-1445766928_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-91927400-1445767062_thumb.jpg

post-8734-0-52569800-1445766937_thumb.jpg

I need to file this rail a little more as we are not quite at a point.

Now I look at the jig it actually says 70-100, which I'm guessing is rail code, so I shouldn't have worried.

I'm well chuffed !!

• Like 1

Hmmm,

There's a thing, in a conventional Signal Box you have the space underneath for the interlocking. No so here.

I don't have a view of the rear, but here the only other photo I took, a wider shot from the front

post-7081-0-04701000-1445771019.jpg

Woody Bay June 2009

cheers

Edited by Rivercider
  • Like 4

I don't have a view of the rear, but here the only other photo I took, a wider shot from the front

attachicon.gifIMG_1819a.jpg

Woody Bay June 2009

cheers

attachicon.gifIMG_1819a.jpg

Woody Bay June 2009

cheers

Thanks,

It's a nice little building and Mr Mudmagnets model is looking very promising faithfully capturing its looks...

and with wing rails;

post-8734-0-70059000-1445775092_thumb.jpg

although when I come to remove the assembly from the jig I found the 'V' wasn't soldered to the copperclad - must try harder!

What I'm thinking of doing is building all of fiddleyard pointwork first, hopefully this will give me good practice and things are something like a reasonable quality when I get to building the points around the front.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Hmmm,

Quite probably directly off the back of the frame near the top so just out of sight in the pics but easily accessible from those doors. It can be a small locking tray or individual electric lock boxes, I'd guess the L&B era would be pure mechanical especially here.

Similar to this type in first couple of photos.

http://interlockings.blogspot.co.uk/2013/11/nene-valley-railway-ground-frame.html?m=1

The rear doors would be a nice detail.

Edited by PaulRhB