Shenfield Exhibition Sat 19th September

Ravenser

Hello

John, Richard and I will be there with Towcester so I look forward to meeting people there. Really good one day show with a very friendly group to host it.

Cheers

George

• RMweb Premium

Agreed - have exhibited there in the past and can vouch for the show and the way it is run.

Hope to be there perhaps helping JohnB for a while on his layout.

Thanks for the reminder Colin!!

Yes I will be there with Whitecross Street, a fictious London terminus with 3rd rail and 1965/75 EMUs and such things.

For those who may be interested in such things, the control is DCC (NCE Powercab) but the points are analogue, using Tortoise motors and sub-minature switches

Rmwebbers please come and have a chat.

John

A good show - no single big showstopper centrepiece, but some very good layouts. The selection of photos is OO-centric - sorry, but there was a strong OO showing, and the card in my camera is nearly full....

post-80-0-15031400-1442693204_thumb.jpg

Belmont Road OO

post-80-0-19658300-1442693207_thumb.jpg

Towcester OO - very nice

post-80-0-95995000-1442693210_thumb.jpg

Cheerio Charlton - 7mm LT trams

post-80-0-18547800-1442693214_thumb.jpg

Large new layout under construction by ? Mid Essex club , presume OO

post-80-0-25775100-1442693217_thumb.jpg

Poulter Bank - shed layout

Various other layouts should perhaps have been photographed - the big Canadian HO layout , and Fenwick TMD among them. (Daconby, the 3mm ER terminus missed out because I've taken it before at another show, and I don't usually rephotograph layouts)

The

post-80-0-15031400-1442693204_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-19658300-1442693207_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-95995000-1442693210_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-18547800-1442693214_thumb.jpg

post-80-0-25775100-1442693217_thumb.jpg

I would like to thank all those whom exhibited and attended. There was a comment about there being no theme to our Exhibition this year.  Not sure what is meant as we have never devised an Exhibition to a theme - we just try for a diverse range of layouts which might not appear at too many other local dates. 

Yes, in answer to RAVENSER - the large layout is by Mid Essex MRC. The name is Great Tey and takes elements from Marks Tey on the GE Mainline. SMP code 75 in use, yesterday we operated it in DCC mode. The final layout will have fully interlocked points and signals with control switchable between DC and DCC to cater for our Members. Much work still to progress, but it has come on leaps and bounds in the last year - even  with Members working on other layouts at the same time.

Planning underway for 16 September 2016, with hopefully several exhibitors known on RMWeb attending. There are also a few in the plan for 2017 & 2018.

• RMweb Premium

Excellent show as usual, enjoyed every minute. Nice to have a catch-up with various RMWebbers too.

And a big thanks to JohnB for letting me play trains for a while!

• RMweb Premium

A great show, I was talking to a mid Essex member and he told me how much it cost to hire the venue, I'm not saying how much just in case its confidential but its a lot of money especially as its for only one day. The conversation then moved on to the not to far away Brentwood Centre and the hire charge for that, £4,500 per day! The GER Society although on the program was conspicuous by its absence, largely because it was going to occupy one half of the stage, I hope all is well with them.

Hello

Thanks to Ken and the MRC guys for inviting us. John, Richard and I had a good day out with Towcester which a lot of people seemed to enjoy and it behaved itself. A good mix of layouts and trade and good to catch up with a lot of old friends. I did see in passing that the GER society had a stand in one of the smaller rooms but I don't know if any-one was on it. Look forward to next year when hopefully we shall be there with our new East Anglian layout 'Fenchurch St Peter.

Cheers

George

Archived