The Great Electric Train Show

HMEvents

The Great Electric Train Show will take place on the weekend of October 10/11 2015 at the Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, Warwickshire with more than 25 layouts and more than 30 traders taking part. Building on the success of the 2014 event, the Skills Zone will be expanded this year to include more demonstrations and displays showcasing a wide range of modelling skills.

Advance tickets for the Great Electric Train Show are available now, saving you money against on-the-day admission prices. Brand new for 2015 will be priority access, where pre-booked visitors can enter the show 30-minutes earlier than on the day visitors. 

Entry to the Great Electric Train Show will include full access to the Heritage Motor Centre's museum which features the world's greatest collection of classic, vintage and veteran British cars.

For more information including a full list of traders visit the show website www.greatelectrictrainshow.com 

• 4 weeks later...

THIS WEEKEND!

The Great Electric Train Show sponsored by Hornby Magazine returns for its third year to The Heritage Motor Centre on October 10/11 2015.

Visitors can admire more than 25 layouts in a range of scales and gauges, browse the extensive range of trade stands and gain ideas and inspiration from expert modelling demonstrations.

All tickets include entry to The Heritage Motor Centre, FREE parking, FREE Shuttle Bus and FREE showguide*

Advance tickets are now SOLD OUT. Tickets are still available on the day  (Adults £12, Concessions £10, Children (5-15 yrs) £8, Family (2 adults + 3 children) £34). 

Visit www.greatelectrictrainshow.com/

*Subject to availability

Agreed. Saturday morning was awful. Was ok by 3. The layout was very poor and very cramped. Not enjoyable.

Although another cramped dead end, abbots wood in a room on its own was a good way of letting sound be appreciated.

Well worth attending, although we queued with advance tickets to get in and it was very busy throughout it quietened down in the afternoon and another tour of the rooms allowed a closer look at some of the more popular layouts.

Free parking, a colour show guide and decent food adds to an excellent line up of exhibits.

I have the pleasure of manning a stand there this weekend. It is one of the best shows I have been to for a long time. I will be back there today.

Easy to find, ample free parking at the venue itself.

Loads to see. Plenty of good layouts & well supported by trade.

It is in a really pleasant building: warm, dry & clean. The halls were really well lit too. I was speaking to one layout owner who took his own lighting rig & didn't feel the need to use it.

There was plenty of room around the stands, but it got so busy that the place was still packed.

• RMweb Premium

I'm going to take some today.

Awesome. A friend said that the Thomas samples had new faces on them. Would you be able to get a few snaps of those too? Would greatly appreciate it. Sometimes I hate being in New Zealand and not being able to get images myself lol.

Glad everyone enjoyoying the show again wish I was there!

For those that don't know, was only 76 miles from the show with Bridge if Muir when the hire van went on strike, Engine kaput.

After 2.5 hours just waiting for the AA and a further 1.5 hours of frantic calls to AA & hire company the result was that we were taken back here to north Wales arriving back at 20.30 and spent yesterday unloading the layout. A replacement van was not available until this morning!!!! So we would have arrived back at the show 16.00 today just in time to pack up and come back home.

Please accept our apologies for not being in attendance - had really been looking forward to this show and many people on my RMweb thread had also been looking forward to seeing it but alas it was outside our control.

Anyway been promised a new van for Hartlepool in a fortnight.

Sorry all

Peter

What a great show with some fantastic layouts. The Leicester South GC layout I had seen previously at Ally Pally so the must see layout for me at this show was Oakenshaw and it didn't disappoint.  

post-18996-0-03242000-1444578234_thumb.jpg

post-18996-0-31679100-1444578263_thumb.jpg

post-18996-0-40824700-1444578283_thumb.jpg

post-18996-0-49305700-1444578322_thumb.jpg

Archived