Photo's Of East Yorkshire Railways

15 hours ago, 31A said:

In view of the emblem on the tender side, probably a bit later than 1952?

Looks like whilst work was going on to convert the depot for DMU use. Scaffolding nearly in view for 1 & 2 road plus the Hymers side of 5 road.

Al Taylor

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. Firstly, many thanks, Mick, for that excellent photo’ from the 24th August, 1952, of 45707, Valiant, at Botanic Gardens. 

And, I’m confident that you are right about Ryehill and Burstwick, it’s the only location that makes sense regarding that earlier photo’. And thanks for the signalling diagram. 

This evening, we are having four more photo’s courtesy of knoxrj, on Flickr. All but one are of D17’s. 

The first one is of B13, 748, whilst in store at Hull Springhead. 

B13 748

The second photo’ shows D17, 1925, on a Leeds to Bridlington train, blasting up Enthorpe bank, c1933. A train composed entirely of ex-NER non corridor stock.

D17 1925

The next photo’ is one of a D17, 1922, at Ferrriby, on an unknown date. 

J24 1922

Finally, we have a photo’ of a D17, 1909, again at Ferriby, in 1932. The train is a three car set of ex-NER non corridors, BT, CL, BT.

D17 1909

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. Firstly, many thanks, Mick, for that excellent photo’ from the 24th August, 1952, of 45707, Valiant, at Botanic Gardens. 

And, I’m confident that you are right about Ryehill and Burstwick, it’s the only location that makes sense regarding that earlier photo’. And thanks for the signalling diagram. 

This evening, we are having four more photo’s courtesy of knoxrj, on Flickr. All but one are of D17’s. 

The first one is of B13, 748, whilst in store at Hull Springhead. 

B13 748

The second photo’ shows D17, 1925, on a Leeds to Bridlington train, blasting up Enthorpe bank, c1933. A train composed entirely of ex-NER non corridor stock.

D17 1925

The next photo’ is one of a D17, 1922, at Ferrriby, on an unknown date. 

J24 1922

Finally, we have a photo’ of a D17, 1909, again at Ferriby, in 1932. The train is a three car set of ex-NER non corridors, BT, CL, BT.

D17 1909

Best regards,

Rob.

D17 1922  or is it 1992  is post 1928 , look at the Tender Lettering .  Cheers.

Edited by micklner
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, micknich2003 said:

Brough East signalbox.

17B BROUGH EAST 1991 2.jpg

Interesting picture Mick. Did that boom gate interlock with something seems to have an extension of some sort

Does anyone know if powered ones were separately operated or did they alway work in tandem? 

I've got a crossing that currently has 2 manual gates on a double track line. But having found that there was a set on the GE mainline in Norfolk I fancy modelling some

• RMweb Gold
On 22/11/2023 at 18:07, Market65 said:

Good evening, everyone. This evening, with thanks again to knoxrj, on Flickr, we have four more local photo’s to enjoy.

The first photo’ is of class D22, 1546, at Botannic Gardens, on the 4th June, 1933 - according to the caption it was the last D22 at Hull. 

D22 1546

The second photo’ is one of class D23, 1107, again at Botanic Gardens. No date is given.

D23 1107

Thirdly, we have a photo’ of class D17, 1633, on the 14.05 to Doncaster at Hessle, on Sunday the 7th April, 1934. Note the carriages. The first one is a former GNR six wheel, BT, and is followed by a GNR tri-art, then a GNR twin-art. The final vehicles are a little difficult to properly indentify. 

D17 1633

Finally, we have a photo’ of B17/1, 2833, Kimbolton Castle, at Hull Paragon station, in the early 1930’s, backing out after bringing in the 10.10 a.m., express from York via Market Weighton. Next it would be turned and then haul the Banbury fish as far as Doncaster. All part of that ‘Doncaster Triangle’ of daily workings.

2833 (61633) Kimbolton Castle

Best regards,

Rob.

I always think of the B17s as East Anglian engines. Keep forgetting they strayed this far up north and also did regular runs to/from Sheffield.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
13 minutes ago, john new said:

I always think of the B17s as East Anglian engines. Keep forgetting they strayed this far up north and also did regular runs to/from Sheffield.

Not just Sheffield, also Manchester and occasional forays to Liverpool too in this period.

Simon

Edited by 65179
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, it’s time for a further four photo’s courtesy of knoxrj, on Flickr.

The first photo’, is of class D20, 1051, which has derailed at what looks to be at the station end of the carriage sidings at Bridlington. No date is given.

1051 (62382)

The second photo’ is one which is of Park Street, Hull, in July, 1951. It is of a class C12, 67392, and an ex-GER corridor third.

Next we have a photo’, at the same location, of class A6, 69796, in August, 1951.

Finally, here is a photo’ of class L1, 67755, on what, is described in the caption as “Sunday train to Hornsea leaving Botanic Gardens”. No date is given.

Best regards,

Rob.

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, everyone. This evening, we have four more photo’s, courtesy of knoxrj, on Flickr.

The first one shows class J25, 65693, on a long train of open wagons, in the deep cutting at Little Weighton, in possibly the early 1950’s.

J25 65693

The second photo’ is of class A6, 69791, on a Sunday Hornsea train, near to Sutton, in July, 1951. Note the mucky state of both the engine and first carriage, and the boy in the door window.

Thirdly, we have a photo’ of class C2, 3986, on a three carriage train, departing from  Driffield, on the line to Market Weighton, in possibly the early 1930’s. 

Now, here is a mystery which I cannot explain. I have never seen that headlamp code on what I can only assume is a passenger train before. Does anyone know what means?

C2 3986

Finally, we see class C6, 1680, at Hull Paragon station sometime in the 1930’s. Two fish vans lead the formation, and I wonder if the train is an early afternoon departure for Scarborough?

C6 1680 (62934)

Best regards,

Rob.

Edited by Market65
To insert a word.
  • Like 18