Can you identify these locations?

RRU

Just wondering if the three Jinties are at Derby?

That was my suspicion as the first two look ex Barry so would be 47327 and 47257.  I can't see the third one clearly to see if it still has its side tanks. If they are missing then it's 47564 which had, latterly, been demoted to stationary boiler duty at Cheetham Hill carriage sidings. Derby Museum also obtained 47445 from colliery service. No idea where in Derby (if indeed it is Derby) though!

Ray.

The second picture isn't Derby (not saying the first is for certain). Looks to be at a heritage site. I think the clock and fingureboards are from Nottm Victoria.

If you hover over the picture, it says "Butterly" which is probably right looking at that M.R. signal and other ephemera.

Ray

If you hover over the picture, it says "Butterly" which is probably right looking at that M.R. signal and other ephemera.

Ray

Chrisf suggested Butterley in an earlier post. That is what I named it.

Peter

The first photo of Hunslet diesel 'John Alcock' (HE 1697/32) and Bagnall 'Matthew Murray' (BG 2702/43) is at Middleton, probably in the Dartmouth Yard.

The 2 Yorkshires (later 02 class) in the last 2 photos were both shedded at Fleetwood in 1962 but don't recognize the brick building in the background.

Ray.

An ex-G&SWR 'Galloway' shed, so Ayr, Hurlford or Dumfries.

Edit - I think the south end of Ayr shed. Reasoning - Ayr was the only one still open when diesels started to lose the 'D' prefix, and I've seen one picture of the south end of the remaining "Galloway" part of the shed in 1967 with the same position of the left-hand light as in your picture.

Archived