Can you identify these locations?

RRU

D2420 has a data panel, which would date the photo as later in the loco's career.

It moved from Aberdeen to Polmadie then Eastfield in the late 60s / early 70s, but I don't recognise the background.

D2277 was at Colchester and Ipswich before withdrawal, but the background is a bit restricted.

(Details from BRDatabase).

If you look again at the shot of D2420, there appears to be a split level arrangement in the track layout, judging by the wagon on the right.  I'm guessing this is within a freight yard environs.

• RMweb Gold

If you look again at the shot of D2420, there appears to be a split level arrangement in the track layout, judging by the wagon on the right.  I'm guessing this is within a freight yard environs.

and the split levels is something I always associated with Dundee. There is a list of sightings linked below, and the data panel means after 1968 which would suggest Aberdeen somewhere.

https://www.rcts.org.uk/features/diesels/loco.htm?id=diesels/D2420

Edit: See this shot of D2420 at Aberdeen taken in the same time period. Note wagons at a higher level on left.

12327720024_74c9ece89f_o.jpgD2420. by curly42, on Flickr

The former coaling bank stovepipe - though why they still bunged the odd van or wagon up there I've no idea.....

There are a couple of vans on that bank in a photo I took at Ferryhill in March 1978, the class 06 locos had gone from there by then though,

cheers

and the split levels is something I always associated with Dundee. There is a list of sightings linked below, and the data panel means after 1968 which would suggest Aberdeen somewhere.

https://www.rcts.org.uk/features/diesels/loco.htm?id=diesels/D2420

Edit: See this shot of D2420 at Aberdeen taken in the same time period. Note wagons at a higher level on left.D2420. by curly42, on Flickr

Could be Aberdeen because this pic is on another disc.

It looks like Aberdeen to me.

post-24330-0-75149800-1445025965.jpg

Peter

62012 is at Darlington shed. (Snap - https://www.flickr.com/photos/80572914@N06/7388459304/in/photolist-cfTMxo).

And 60124 was one of the last A1s used as standby at Darlington. The picture looks as if it may have been taken on one of the roads off the turntable, which is where (I think) at least one of the standbys stood.

The photo of the Pulverite Wagon is a comparative rarity. It looks to be in the later light blue livery. The wagons were regulars through the yards at Darlington travelling between Brancepeth and  a user at Stockton. The number looks to be 1015 which would be unusual as originally only the last six pulverite wagons 1018 to 23 (Built in the North East by Head Wrightson) were to be used on the Brancepeth > Stockton traffic.

Could you confirm the number is 1015 on the original please. The J94 looks to be 68010. It kept it's early BR Crest till works visit in 1961(withdrawn 1965) so that might help you date the phots.

P

The photo of the Pulverite Wagon is a comparative rarity. It looks to be in the later light blue livery. The wagons were regulars through the yards at Darlington travelling between Brancepeth and  a user at Stockton. The number looks to be 1015 which would be unusual as originally only the last six pulverite wagons 1018 to 23 (Built in the North East by Head Wrightson) were to be used on the Brancepeth > Stockton traffic.

Could you confirm the number is 1015 on the original please. The J94 looks to be 68010. It kept it's early BR Crest till works visit in 1961(withdrawn 1965) so that might help you date the phots.

P

Thanks for the info.

The wagon no. is 1015 but the quality of the scan is not good enough to get any more details.

I do not see the original photographer anymore or else I would re-scan the negs..

Peter.

Archived