MRJ 242

MartinWales

• RMweb Premium

Where Is My MRJ ?!

I want my MRJ and I want it now!

:sad_mini2:  :sad_mini2:  :sad_mini2:

Edit:  Just gave them baby swans a call and they're looking into my missing subs copy.  The word "computer" was mentioned during the conversation but I was relived to hear the sounds of rustling paper in the background (phew! though they'd gone all 20th century for a moment!)

Edit Edit:  Arrived today, thanks baby swans-  YAY! 

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up Issue 242 today at Smiths in Wigan. Really impressed, especially with the article about Llanfair. Good to see another model of Llanfyllin station.

I am currently building Llanfyllin in P4 and enjoyed building the Station building.

I managed to get access to the building in Llanfyllin a few years ago to measure the windows and walls.

Looks good. I will post a photo of my version when I can access the laptop

The building is made from layers of plastic card, with etched brass windows and doors.

The barge boards were made for me by Geoff Taylor and are etched brass.

The tiling is thin card which has a grid printed by computer.

There is still some detailing to be done internally and lighting needs to be fitted externally and internally.

I tend to get a project about 80% complete then move onto something else.

Due to a family illness I haven't done as much as I would like, hospital visits and nursing duties at home take precedence over the model in the shed.

Where Is My MRJ ?!

Well I said I would pop back when it finally arrived!

OK, I have been out of the country for a while and this afternoon I had the joy of a sifting through a pile of junk mail, utility bills, and lo and behold MRJ242 - a bit damp and frayed around the envelope edges but still intact. I guess it could have arrived any one of the days I was away (no good asking SWMBO ... just another anonymous brown envelope!)

But it did arrive and to their credit it usually does in the end. Now to find some time to actually read it - life's a bit frazzled at the moment, playing catch up.

Good to be back though. Anything been happening?

Oh....have you been away? We hardly noticed....

That's what I like to hear .... run silent ... run deep ... blend into the background ... just a mirage .... a ghost in the night :D

At least no one started up THAT thread again.

Archived