MRJ 242

MartinWales

Funny the thought processes MRJ produces. I went to the Parkside site to see if they do the cattle wagon in 7mm. They don't. So I went to Mr Essery's book, and found that (from what I could make out) the similar Midland design did not come out until really late Midland era anyway. So I decided not to canvass Parkside for a 7mm version as it wouldn't be any use to me in any case. 

Good edition of MRJ though, and I am looking forward to seeing the Tollesbury layout at the Manchester exhibition. Glad it's back in the city centre, could never warm to that place in Fallowfield. Now I can just get the tram to Piccadilly 'train' station.  :yes:

Funny the thought processes MRJ produces. I went to the Parkside site to see if they do the cattle wagon in 7mm. They don't. So I went to Mr Essery's book, and found that (from what I could make out) the similar Midland design did not come out until really late Midland era anyway. So I decided not to canvass Parkside for a 7mm version as it wouldn't be any use to me in any case. 

Good edition of MRJ though, and I am looking forward to seeing the Tollesbury layout at the Manchester exhibition. Glad it's back in the city centre, could never warm to that place in Fallowfield. Now I can just get the tram to Piccadilly 'train' station.  :yes:

Slaters Plastikard make a kit in 7mm scale.

Andy

Gerry has made a superb job of that 'Saint'. Really convincing.

........using lasers for wheel quartering, looks a bit too complicated for me.

Wait until next spring it might seem like a long time to wait......May the Fourth be with you to explain the process :)

There's also an article from Palethorpes too !

Wonderful evocative picture of the tanker being 'dipped'.

A neighbour worked as a tanker driver in the 50's and 60's, and the 'handle end' of the dippers made perfect swords for a 7 year olds!

That picture alone, and the memories it brought back were well worth the cover price!

All together now, to the tune of "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits:

I want my...

I want my...

I want my MRJ...

Now that ain't workin'

That's the way ya do it,

You put your chip in for the DCC, yeah

Coarse scale ain't workin'

That's the way ya do it:

P4 an' finescale

Goin' RTR-free....

Now that ain't workin'

That's a big short circuit,

Solvent-weldin' plastic 'til your eyes go numb, yeah

Maybe stab a scalpel in your little finger,

Maybe stick your Antex up your bum.

We gotta install Ultrascale wheel packs

They're only six months to wai-ai-ai-ait,

We gotta move

Publishin' deadlines

MRJ's comin'

And again it's late...

If I am not mistaken one of the prototype photos of the cattle wagons shows a different diagram as the doors are different. I'm not an expert, but I am sure someone who reads this is.

Jonathan

There were variations in the doors in the builds of the D1661's, perhaps because of the use of outside contractors for some wagons. There do not appear to be any real records of numbers etc involved so it is a case of checking what photos can be found if modelling this type. A pity perhaps that Parkside didn't allow for alternative doors in the tooling, but it is straightforward to do a cut and shunt if wanted.

Horse is the People's Poet of our times.

Surely the Times would never publish such, divine and evocative yet stimulating verse.

Horse you are the readers of RMweb & MRJ's, Dante Alighieri.

P

Bring me the shed of Alfredo Garcia...

Eur 1.99 on Amazon. Mexico not included.

http://www.amazon.de/Bring-shed-Alfredo-Garcia-Schrebergarten/dp/398160380X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1446308781&sr=1-1&keywords=Bring+me+the+shed+of+Alfredo+Garcia

P

(I'm sorry, nobody will have a clue.)

Archived