Festival of British Railway Modelling 2016 - Doncaster 13/14 February

Andy Y

Wonder if someone can give me advice please - like others, I am struggling to get the subscribers discount.

I enter "BRM" and my subscriber code, and it says "The promotion access code has already been used.". Technically, it has - when I bought tickets for last year but you'd hope that it would be wise to that one. Could someone else have used my code? Is there validation that the email / postal address that tickets are sent to match the subscriber code or could some fat fingers have cost me a quid?

Not going to bother calling The Ticket Factory about it as like someone has already said, I'll probably spend more than a quid on call costs, but if anyone has any advice / ideas that would be most appreciated.

On the positive side, looking forward to visiting, it looks like a great line up of layouts!

Thanks,

Martyn

Wonder if someone can give me advice please - like others, I am struggling to get the subscribers discount.

I enter "BRM" and my subscriber code, and it says "The promotion access code has already been used.". Technically, it has - when I bought tickets for last year but you'd hope that it would be wise to that one. Could someone else have used my code? Is there validation that the email / postal address that tickets are sent to match the subscriber code or could some fat fingers have cost me a quid?

Not going to bother calling The Ticket Factory about it as like someone has already said, I'll probably spend more than a quid on call costs, but if anyone has any advice / ideas that would be most appreciated.

On the positive side, looking forward to visiting, it looks like a great line up of layouts!

Thanks,

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. If you want to send us your postcode and phone number by email, we'll ask Ticket factory to call you. exhibit@warnersgroup.co.uk 

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

I've just bought my ticket with no issues at all using my BRM number.

I see there is a shuttle bus from the station running every 30 minutes, but what I can't find is what time it starts. Can anyone help?

I can get there by train in time for the early opening, but if the bus doesn't start until later, I'll get there a bit later.

Cheers,

Nige

Hi,

I've just bought my ticket with no issues at all using my BRM number.

I see there is a shuttle bus from the station running every 30 minutes, but what I can't find is what time it starts. Can anyone help?

I can get there by train in time for the early opening, but if the bus doesn't start until later, I'll get there a bit later.

Cheers,

Nige

Morning Nige,

First bus is 8.30am.

Thanks

Morning Nige,

First bus is 8.30am.

Thanks

13 of us plus or minus a few from Perth MRC wlll be arriving just before 12 on the Saturday for our grand day out to Doncaster.  If we are quick and the 0900 from Edinburgh is on time, hopefully we can catch the 12:00 bus.

Looking forward to the show, we enjoyed it last time.

I'm not having a good Feburary, missed Stafford last week as I made a promise to go to Glasgow on the Saturday and after 8 hours of driving was not in a fit state on the Sunday to brave the southbound M6 from Manchester.

Now this weekend is not only Valentines, I've got a night out planned for the Saturday and Sunday I am on standby to take my son back to uni.

I am doomed to miss not one but two great exhibitions that were in my diary as must visits.

Life sucks sometimes.

I'm not having a good Feburary, missed Stafford last week as I made a promise to go to Glasgow on the Saturday and after 8 hours of driving was not in a fit state on the Sunday to brave the southbound M6 from Manchester.

Now this weekend is not only Valentines, I've got a night out planned for the Saturday and Sunday I am on standby to take my son back to uni.

I am doomed to miss not one but two great exhibitions that were in my diary as must visits.

Life sucks sometimes.

Just make sure you keep the last weekend in June free for Perth, Scotlands Summer Show! (apolgoies for the unashamed plug for our show, but it is our 25th anniversary after all). :wink_mini:

Hawthorn Dene has had its last soak test before dismantling and packing.  All working fine.

Shame I can't say the same about the programming track.  New addition to stock 90011 is going to have to run under DCC address 88 unless I can nip over to Digitrains and get Jeremy to re-address it for me.  Need a new PSU and patch point for the programming track.

90011 is an ebay purchase from Ian Arkley, tested and renumbered.  It might be a very clean WD this weekend.  The chip is from former Dapol NQP Book Law, now withdrawn for works attention, hence the number 88..

Mr Simon is operating on Saturday.  Come and say hello.  According to Sam we are even spelled correctly in the show guide......

Les

13 of us plus or minus a few from Perth MRC wlll be arriving just before 12 on the Saturday for our grand day out to Doncaster.  If we are quick and the 0900 from Edinburgh is on time, hopefully we can catch the 12:00 bus.

I hope you will be able drop by 'Fourgig East', Stand 10, for a chat before you leave.

Kind regards,

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Stand C6 in the Interchange where the free bus leaves from is furthest away from the railway station. Good luck getting the 1200 as the bus stands tend to be rammed with shoppers / kids /like etc.

Anyone wanting to use the local bus services you need the 55 Rossington or 57 Cantley routes both drop off about 4 minutes walk from the exhibition.

The cash points in the race course charge you to withdraw cash but there are free ones at the Interchange both rail and bus sites.

HTH

Bring the loco to Tormouth stand 50 if you would like the address changing for you and you are N gauge.. We built in a programming track to Tormouth on inception!

Paul

Very many thanks for that- I'll come across either tomorrow afternoon or Saturday before the show opens.

When I get a new power patch panel for the test track I'll probably get a second one to use on the layout.  There is space behind the backscene to put a programming track. The thing that has stopped me so far is that there are already four power supplies on the extension lead- though it wouldn't hurt to buy a 5-way lead...

All the very best

Les

• Administrators

Here's a sneak preview of what I believe is our best ever subscription offer. Visit the BRM stand to take advantage.

post-14186-0-56055600-1455285496.jpg

We also have a few 'Clearance' Deals:

post-14186-0-74028500-1455285572.jpg

Ramsay's 8th Edition Volume 1 & 2. RRP: £34.99. Show Price: £10!

post-14186-0-29972900-1455285673.jpg

12v Mini Rotary Tool Kit & 400 piece accessory set. Show Price: £15!

post-14186-0-20324000-1455285763.jpg

Variable Speed Mini Rotary Tool Kit. Show Price: £10!

Stand C6 in the Interchange where the free bus leaves from is furthest away from the railway station. Good luck getting the 1200 as the bus stands tend to be rammed with shoppers / kids /like etc.

Anyone wanting to use the local bus services you need the 55 Rossington or 57 Cantley routes both drop off about 4 minutes walk from the exhibition.

The cash points in the race course charge you to withdraw cash but there are free ones at the Interchange both rail and bus sites.

HTH

The number 55 runs every 10 minutes so could well be a better bet than the shuttle - especially if you have a bus-pass.

I'll be there tomorrow, getting the train across from Chesterfield, only £8.80 train fare (According to what I've read on my National Rail iPhone app).

Looking forward to seeing what looks like a great line up of good layouts and returning home inspired!

Sam

Managed a short visit, one of the better Doncaster shows I have been to but still more trade than layout and way too many box shifters selling the same stuff at the same prices (at least it didn't cost me anything in purchases beyond a Digitrains 20 sound chip).

Good to see Hazelbank again, Rumbling bridge and Felton Lane are always great and I really liked Melbridge Dock.

Put me down for 10 shillings on the Leeds Mauler to win. (Sorry Andy but money is money)  :triniti:

Please send postal order.

I won today's round, I only had to ask Charlie one question and he was still going strong after 40 minutes.

Enjoyed our trip today from Perth, currently heading home on the slightly late running 1810 to Waverley. Hoping we will still make our connection North of Waverley or it could be a longer day than I planned.

Some even managed to see Tangmere heading North and South today at Doncaster.

Apethorne Junction was very good.

• RMweb Premium

Please send postal order.

I won today's round, I only had to ask Charlie one question and he was still going strong after 40 minutes.

was that

"and when was the last time you made Baz a cup of tea"?

Archived