'Cambrian Street'

BobM

Hi....

Thanks all for the continued kind and supportive comments.......

Have taken a frosty morning walk through the woods to the local model shop and have acquired some 0.5 wire to use for the 'fixing effect' on the stirrers......will post images of when both the 'cladding' is completed and update on the commencement and progress of the said 'fixings'.......

Off to Warley Show on Saturday, so an early start....7am bus to the Railway Station and onto 'International' for the NEC....it's bound to be busy in itself but with all the additional 'peeps' for two further major shows on at the same time, it'll no doubt be a 'tad crowded' :scared: at the NEC......

Regards always,

Bob

• Like 1

Evening Guys....

Hope all are well....?

Have got a bit of a 'wriggle on'  with the goods platform planking this evening.....and please with the progress....what is providing even greater 'pleasure' though is that if I measure the remaining distance to go on both sides of the platform the number is 114mm...so things must be parallel....!

post-20610-0-67201700-1542923125_thumb.jpg

post-20610-0-74979400-1542923163_thumb.jpg

Regards always,

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 2
  • Round of applause 1

Looking very good Bob. Do you intend to sand the top a bit or leave it?

Regards Lez.

Hi....Thanks Lez.....

Only intend to do a slight sanding of the surface.......nothing too heavy at all....will move on to indicating the fixing points next and then weather / colour the surface,,,,,,

Been to the Warley Show at the NEC today and got one or two bits and bobs for the layout.....knackering but enjoyable with plenty of inspiration.....

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

Evening guys.......

Hope all are okay and  your weekend is going well......?

Took a day off from the nursery today to visit the NEC and the Warley Model Railway Exhibition.....been going since attending with my late uncle and brother who gave me the inspiration and encouragement to take up railway modelling from the first show, so that must be 50 years now....oh heck!

Today's purchases included......

Skytrek Models.......

Barrels / Crates / Yard Crane / Steps.......

Dart Castings.....

Horses / Flat and Coal Merchants Dray...... GWR Platform Oil Lamps

Wills/ Model Scene.....

Stone Walls

Oxford Commercials

1:76 Bedford BR Trailer

Bachmann

(Kernow) GWR Water Tower

2nd hand Pendon  Wash House

returned stock Ivatt 4MT 2-6-0 43014

plus plenty of inspiration....!

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

Evening guys......

Hope all are okay and keeping well.....

Just keeping you kind guys appraised of my ideas as they go along.....

Here the access steps have been placed into position at each end of the goods platform........

post-20610-0-10251500-1543175518_thumb.jpg

post-20610-0-57698100-1543175595_thumb.jpg

post-20610-0-22229400-1543175689_thumb.jpg

Also placed a low stone wall to delineate the goods yard from the coal yard, there's also intended to be spear top fencing on the opposite side......

post-20610-0-85917900-1543175737_thumb.jpg

the same type of walling to give 'effect'  on the 'private coal' merchants yard too.....

post-20610-0-27886100-1543175895_thumb.jpg

Wondering too what if any lighting columns there would have been on the platform.....?

Have a great week my good friends.....

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Looks very good Bob.

I've been thinking about the goods platform mate, how to paint it I mean. First off I would take a small wire brush to it and give it a good brushing along the grain. Be fairly hard on it Bob to give some impression of grain Then paint the whole lot in a mid grey colour. Then with a fiberglass pencil rub most of it off again once its dry. Now paint it with a lighter grey colour and when it's dry take most of that off again with the fiberglass pencil but don't go so hard at it. When it's all done make up a 3-1, 29 dark earth/ 33 black wash, and I mean a weak wash and wipe that on with a bit of cloth and see how that comes out. Try it out on a bit of left over stirrers stuck down on something first mate.

Regards Lez.

• Like 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

Hi All......

Thanks as always Lez for the advice......will look forward to that stage in the hopefully not too distant future......

Everything I hope is assembled here and ready for placing the 0.5 wire fixing effects into the coffee stirrers.....will let you know later this evening how I've got on with it......

post-20610-0-20033600-1543256468_thumb.jpg

Regards always

Bob

• Like 2

Hi my friends.....

This may take (me) some time.....?

post-20610-0-36420400-1543270775_thumb.jpg

post-20610-0-86307400-1543270819_thumb.jpg

post-20610-0-84654200-1543270870_thumb.jpg

Hoping that it is looking good so far, once weathered up I am sure it'll all come together....

Regards always....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 3

Evening all.......

Just a few further 'fixings' put into place.....trying to be 'rustic' and random   (that's my excuse anyway).....will plod on......

post-20610-0-98900000-1543354551_thumb.jpg

post-20610-0-13545300-1543354597_thumb.jpg

Regards always......

Bob

• Like 3

Evening my friends.......

It 'a'arf bin a bit 'wet n'wild' ear t'day !

Hope all are okay....?

Just to say that the process of incorporating the 'fixing points' on the (coffee stirrer) goods platform surface is now complete and I have also 'roughed up' the surface with a wire brush.....the next stage will be colour up the surface initially with the mid-grey base colour......

post-20610-0-90576200-1543526644_thumb.jpg

Regards always.....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 3

Enjoy the show Saturday Bob, I decided not to go this year and am planing to go to the BRM show in Peterborough, hopefully to get a few pre christmas bargains.

Steve.

Hi......

Have a great time if you're going to Peterborough show, I have heard good reports regarding previous events, must try to get over one year......can't this year with its close proximity to Warley at the NEC and the fact that we've Santa arriving on Saturday at Arley.....it is likely to be busy seeing that he's comfortable...!

Regards always....

Bob

Edited by BobM
  • Like 1

Evening Guys.....

Just a quick update........

In the 40 mins or so my tea was in the oven thought I'd take the opportunity to give a further quick rough up of the stirrers and then add the initial grey base........

post-20610-0-34032300-1543605121_thumb.jpg

post-20610-0-39365300-1543605178_thumb.jpg

Regards always....

Bob

• Like 2

Hi......

Have a great time if you're going to Peterborough show, I have heard good reports regarding previous events, must try to get over one year......can't this year with its close proximity to Warley at the NEC and the fact that we've Santa arriving on Saturday at Arley.....it is likely to be busy seeing that he's comfortable...!

Regards always....

Bob

Thanks Bob, it's the first time I've been there so I'm looking forward to it.

Steve.

Looks good Bob. When its dry scratch most of it off with a fiberglass pencil then repeat it with a lighter shade of grey.

Regards Lez.

Hi......

Have given it a rub over last night when it had dried.....may give it a further rub down later this evening............a bit tired though.....

post-20610-0-05497900-1543692514_thumb.jpg

have just got back in after a long 9 hour day with Santa !

post-20610-0-15569800-1543692646_thumb.jpg

Regards always......

Bob

• Like 4