The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Worst Week of my LIfe

Simon Lee

Evening Simon,

Thanks for letting us know the great news about James.

Still keeping you and yours in our thoughts and prayers.

Lets hope there's an 'easy' option for the remainder of the tumor.

Enjoy your hols.

• 8 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Guys,

You may remember way back when, the trauma we went through when James was found to be suffering a brain tumor.

Well this year as you can imagine has been something of a roller coaster, but now James is firmly on the way to full health.

Today his courage and stoicism was recognised when he was awarded the Doncaster Superkids award for Triumph over Adversity. We all had an excellent afternoon at the Keepmoat Stadium where James was one of 10 local young people were honoured. As well as James there were some truly outstanding youngsters there, when you hear what some of them have done, caring for parents, rescuing other youngsters from fire, battling heart disease, it puts into perspective some of the things that we consider to be "important" in the world of model railways.

If you live in the Doncaster area, full story will be in this weeks Doncaster Free Press or have a look at www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk on Thursday.

Thanks for all your support earier in the year - it meant a lot to us all.

Regards

Simon

it puts into perspective some of the things that we consider to be "important" in the world of model railways.

Doesn't it just!

I'm pleased to hear James continues to improve and that you have a day when you can really smile.

Wishing you continuing good fortune.

Like the previous poster, I'm fairly new here and have only recently found this thread, but I want to add to the messages of support and encouragement.

It hardly bears thinking what Christmas would have been like had James suffered the worst. This year it's an extra special celebration, and may your whole family have great peace and happiness at this time of the year.

Guest Dutch_Master

I could only echo the sentiments expressed by others, very pleased to hear the lad is taking a fast train to recovery ;) :happy_mini:

Earlier you wrote that some of the tumour couldn't be removed. Given your message I take it this isn't a problem anymore and poses no risk for his well-being in future?

Anyway, I'll raise a glass to the good news! :drink_mini: :yahoo_mini:

Archived