Sutton's Locomotive Works class 24

Dan Griffin

I was about to order my second blue 24, then I got the teaser email.... so I'm just sitting waiting patiently!

Hoping for a Scottish 24 to be announced, but will be ordering a second blue 24 no matter....

And also hoping that there are some rats on the horizon!

No news from Phil and Jamie yet and I am itching to know what is planned. Rather hoping for 24136 in BR green!

Mind you, my wife and wallet are both hoping that there is nothing of interest announced.

Roy

Yes me too for a 24136 the suspense is killing me as to what's next

maybe a... class 40!)

Why for goodness sake? There's little amiss with Bachmann's latest effort.

Now if it's head code fitted Class 24s and all variants of Class 25 we're talking about, then the field, at the moment is wide open.

The Park Royal DMU may be a little too niche (unless you manage to sweet talk Charlie Petty into considering it).

"Sweet talk" and "Charlie Petty"? Now there's a phrase and a name not frequently found in close proximity to one another!

Why for goodness sake? There's little amiss with it

Bachmann's 40 is OK, but bogies, underframe, windscreens, cab interior, fan and grille could all be improved on to slw standards not to mention running qualities, em/p4, and especially sound.

I don't think it will happen but an slw 40 would be stunning.

Bachmann's 40 is OK, but bogies, underframe, windscreens, cab interior, fan and grille could all be improved on to slw standards not to mention running qualities, em/p4, and especially sound.

I don't think it will happen but an slw 40 would be stunning.

Is a Class 40 so far fetched? Philip Sutton is heavily involved in Mostyn. Which loco types do they run?

Kind regards,

Paul

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Isn't the website for SLW Sulzertype2.co.uk.........

Yes.

I don't see a 40 as being too left field, but I see being too soon. I think headcode 24, all the 25s and then a 40. As good as the Bachmann 40 is, an SLW one would no doubt knock spots off it.

Don't see the MacRats to be honest coming anytime soon.

Roy

• RMweb Gold

How do you know you haven't and what was your point?

To be honest I am not sure what the point of your post was. SLW have an announcement due soon. Are we only allowed to discuss what might be coming if it is from Hornby or Bachmann?

Roy

I believe a few SLW enthusiasts on here are getting rather inpatient waiting for Phil to make an announcement, I certainly am, the last release was in June 2016 but seems much longer than that, my guess on the next models to be made available are still a pair of class 24's, maybe the first of the class 25,s towards the end of the year.

• RMweb Gold

I believe a few SLW enthusiasts on here are getting rather inpatient waiting for Phil to make an announcement, I certainly am, the last release was in June 2016 but seems much longer than that, my guess on the next models to be made available are still a pair of class 24's, maybe the first of the class 25,s towards the end of the year.

We are not impatient, SLW have told us there is an announcement early in the new year.

However, we seem not to be allowed to be excited as others are for the bigger companies.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

• RMweb Gold

Well to be honest I don't give a fudge what's next because I know it will be good and it will be what most people would want

Don't get me wrong, I know whatever they do will be good, and knowing Philip's likings it almost certainly will be something that I need (and more than one of them). Nonetheless, it is interesting to discuss what may be a logical product development by SLW.

It is interesting to note that only three models remain in stock with SLW, two of which are transition era. Whilst we don't know the numbers produced of rach model, is this another indicator that this era is not as popular as quoted?

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

I know I might get thrown out of RM WEB for this but as I too am getting teased and tormented as to 'whats coming next' I thought I might start a 'book' 

So lets have a starter at 25/1 on a Class 25 .................... :jester:  :jester: ...Well I've got to make some money to pay for the next so payments to be made to' Gismo's SLW gift aid please'

To be serious Phil must be delighted about the response to his engineering master pieces  :sungum: and I think that a lot of modellers are worried about missing out on anything that comes out .......hence the clamour for information ...bet the mainstream companies wish their products hit such heights of interest ....

• Like 2